“Great food!”

Timbuktu Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Timbuktu Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 119 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 14, 2013

In a group of four, we each ordered steaks, no one the same, but each person enjoyed his thoroughly. I ordered the Delmonico Ribeye, medium. It was very large and cooked to perfection. The T-bone my friend ordered was massive. The salad and potato were pretty standard, nothing to write home about. I brought a banana pudding type dessert home (the name escapes me)...WOW! Really amazing! No appetizers for the table, steak, beer & dessert, the tab was $215. I look forward to my next visit to try the crabcakes!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The restaurant itself is very dark, stuffy, dare i say old..but it was clean and the most important part ...the crab cakes were baseball sized full of delicious lump crab. And those french fries were too die for! Service was great and friendly and fast, it was pretty busy for a saturday afternoon but all the patrons looked very satisfied. Come here, eat the crab cakes! Best in the world! Nuff said!

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Five years ago I was a believer that Timbuktu was he best place for crab cakes. I couldn't wait to go there last night.

The waiter was not that good and service was average. I asked if the crab cakes and shrimp dinner could be done with he shrimp either steamed or broiled but not fried. Not an option. Fried or nothing.

I hate being told no!

The crab cake was good but not as good as I remember.

I was satisfied with the overall meal but had higher recollections. Maybe it was me thinking more highly of past meals than it actually was.

I would probably go elsewhere next time in the area

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Met friends and relatives at Timbuktu from all over the DC area for lunch on a Sunday. Timbuktu takes reservations so the table was ready when we arrived, which is super!
Very good waitress. Great, extensive menu--if a diner couldn't find something to eat, the diner is not hungry.
Timbuktu specializes in crab cakes, which looked huge and delightful. I had a chef salad, which was delicious. Thought the rolls were especially tasty.
Can't miss with this excellent place!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

this restaurant has a very good selection of seafood and steakes. their crab cakes and lobster stuffed with crab are very good.