“Don"t Miss The Crabcakes!”

Timbuktu Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Timbuktu Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 114 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very nice restaurant near Baltimore, Maryland. It can be a hike, but it is well worth it. The ambiance is very pleasant, the service good and the food is quite delicious. The crabcakes are enormous with barely any filler and really yummy. The scallops are also huge, tender and delicious. The vegetables are homey (great mashed potatoes and gravy) and very complementary to the entrees. My dinner companion said the Tuxedo Cheesecake is very good. It is somewhat pricey but you get a lot for your money. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or just every once in a while for a treat!

1  Thank petitepoet

Reviewed October 10, 2012

These are the best crabcakes I've ever had, seriously. And the crab cocktail is also fabulous. The restaurant itself is nothing fancy...so you're not going to be impressed when you walk in and sit down. But once you take a bite of the crab, nothing else matters.

1  Thank InquisitiveTessa
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Saw other reviews on this place. Worth the trip. It's kind of a hokey looking building and it probably could use updating inside. However, price, service, value, and quality of food were outstanding. Will go back again.

1  Thank Joseph_Story
Reviewed October 2, 2012

While working in Maryland, I asked the people I was working with where they would recommend to go for seafood. I was told to go to Timbuktu, which turned out to be only a couple miles from my hotel. I went with a coworker and we sat in the bar area. The service was great and the broiled seafood platter was excellent! I will definitely go back when I am in the area. If I could make a change, I would add beer on tap to the many choices of bottled beer, wine and a full bar. I enjoyed a bottle beer with my meal, but local draft beer would have been better.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had a good steak and my dining companions found the seafood really good. The place is bigger than it looks on the outside and we were seated quickly. Service was good and friendly. I would visit again.