“Service is hot at Grill Fire!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of George Martin's Grill Fire

George Martin's Grill Fire
Reserve with OpenTable
George Martin's Grill Fire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 111 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Milestone Parkway
Boston
“Service is hot at Grill Fire!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My family and I recently enjoyed a great dinner at Grill Fire in Hanover (Arundel Mills), Maryland, just outside of DC, off of the Baltimore/Washington Pkwy. It's about 1/2 hr. away from UMaryland, College Park). It's a great switch from fast food on a road trip, and, I'm sure, a great place to eat any time. The service was outstanding. Our waitress, Yemisi, was one of the best we've had in a long time. The food came out quickly and was delicious. The spinach artichoke fondue with chips was excellent and the house garlic, cheesy bread was warm and tasty. There is a wide variety of food for all palettes. They bring cotton candy out for kids...our big kids had to have it too. We also enjoyed a free dessert on the house on our night there (fabulous strawberry shortcake). Hope you can enjoy it for yourself!

• Visited June 2013

Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“inconsistant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went for lunch. Had BLT salad which was very good. Then had loaded mac and cheese. I really enjoyed it. My wife was not as lucky. She had the hamburger requested medium arrived rare to med rare. No one came by to check on us and so she had to eat just the edges. Disappointing.

Visited April 2013
“Overpriced and Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful restaurant, upscale, comfy booths, nice bar area with several flat screens. Our server was attentive and pleasant. We started with the chili pop shrimp, which was slightly spicy and interesting but just okay. The salads seem to be the best option here. The chopped tomato with blue cheese and balsamic drizzle was simply delicious. The portion was large enough to be an entree if paired with steak or chicken. Wish I had done that. My friends ordered the Caesar and neither raved about it. We all had steak. The filet special was average. My steak was not cooked as ordered but the Bordelaise sauce was quite good. Other friend had the ribeye and enjoyed it. There was a special on the Sonoma-Cutrer Chardonnay. Otherwise, the wines were pricey. We did not order dessert but found the cotton candy to be a nice touch on the restaurant's part. Overall, the food was pretty uninspired and expensive. I would stick with the salad if I were to return here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Baldwin, NY
“Surprised to find a Long Island Restaurant in MD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have eaten in the original George Martin in Rockville Centre, NY and in the GM Grillfire. This one in MD is in a new development and attached to a hotel. It is beautifully appointed, but the best part is the food and wine specials. We had a wonderful waiter and enjoyed our selctions of food and wine. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited January 2013
Pasadena, Maryland
“A little bit of urban chic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Tried the Grill Fire for dinner with my husband and a friend, with the idea of scoping it out for a business function. The "cool vibe" starts with the ultra modern, brand new hotel lobby entrance to the restaurant. Packed bar to the left, booths and tables to the right. Our waitress was young and sweet but requests for recommendations for both cocktails and food were answered with "I never tried that." A top notch establishment makes sure their servers are well versed and confident in the quality of their menu. The restaurant seems to have difficulty deciding if it is mainly a pub, or an upscale dining venue; the menu was a single page and limited. Luckily we were there for Ladies Night were a 3 course meal was a value at $24.95 and came with 1 glass of wine or sangria. We had cocktails and enjoyed the warm, cheese filled bread. Two of us chose the French onion soup which was not too salty but lacked any real flavor. The arugula, watermelon & feta salad was pretty, light, refreshing and a hit. My husband's chicken parm (from the limited prix fixe menu) was plump, crisp, moist and served overly properly cooked pasta. The swordfish was the hit of the meal. A generous portion, perfectly cooked to order and the best I've had in a long while. I didn't care for the accompanying vegetable medly as it was way too peppery for my taste. Dessert was either a raspberry sorbet with berries and whipped cream or decadent cookie with ice cream. Both were delightful. When we were given the check we were also handed a large cone of cotton candy. Not sure why, but it was different. It's definitely not a restaurant I would avoid, but I'm not sure I'd make a special trip back there either.

• Visited August 2012