“Just okay...”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 113 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stopped for lunch and ordered lunch specials which were burgers and a salad or soup. The salad was loaded with red onions which took up too much of the bowl. I should have ordered without onions but this was my first time at LongHorn. The burger was large with little flavor and there were what I assume were chips in a little bowl on the plate that had some kind of sauce on them. Chips were too hard to really eat and I'm still not sure the purpose of the sauce. Not my favorite lunch but I may go back to see if they are better at dinners.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We were impressed with the quality of our steaks with this being a chain. Value of our meal was excellent. However, though we lucked out with a 15 minute wait, go early or be prepared for a long wait. The place is always packed when we drive by.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stopped in about 4:30 PM on a Thursday. Our waiter was very nice and paid extra attention to my son. Food came out as ordered and was very good. I love the grown up mac and cheese there.

1  Thank nicemann
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The service was very good , They were very busy, and the server was excellent she focused on all over her customers!! the food was very good the quality was excellent. The value was good and the food was filling!!!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

After looking over a lot of restaurant reviews in the Hanover, MD area, we found that longhorn steakhouse had the best. We were so happy we decided to go here because we had the best service and food that we've experienced in a long time.

We initially tried to make a reservation but was told they only do call ahead. So, we made sure we called ahead an hour before arriving which was very helpful. The place was packed and we only had to wait 5 minutes to be seated. Our server was excellent. He was on top of everything and even let us have a free salad when someone else brought it out by mistake.

The food was great. Most was seasoned and cooked well. The only disappointment was the garlic mussels. The broth for the mussels had no flavor. Usually in a garlic sauce, there's a lot of garlic that you can see and I saw none. The mussels themselves were good but disappointment with the sauce.

However, our entrees made up for the appetizer. Usually, food service suffers when it's so busy but not at longhorn. I ordered the blackened salmon with cheese grits, asparagus and butternut squash risotto. Everything on my plate was absolutely delicious. My husband ordered a fish dish with shrimp and lobster and a side of rice pilaf. The food was delicious but it was disappointing that we were charged a lot for the shrimp and lobster and there was only 1 small shrimp and some little bits of lobster.

Despite the small disappointments, I would definitely go back to longhorn.