“A pleasant surprise”

The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed March 12, 2013

On a whim, my wife surprised me and got us a last minute room at "The Hotel". We arrived at 9:30 PM on a Tuesday night and were treated like royalty from the minute we got there. The Fireside Grill restaurant was fantastic and the service was great despite arriving 10 minutes before the kitchen closed. The room was amazing. We loved the decor and the attention paid to the details. Even the window curtains were cool (and actually kept the room dark). All in all, this was one of my best hotel stays ever. We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan T
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

I am so happy to know that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay. Thank you so much for commenting on your stay. This is very helpful for other TripAdvisor visitors and of course to us here at the Hotel.
We can't wait for you to come back and see us again!!!

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Booked directly at hotel and got the government rate. Rooms were immaculate and the floors are quiet while the lobby itself seems to constantly be busy. 7th floor lounge had a variety of snacks such as chips, trail mix bars, cereal bars, fruit, M&M's as well as coffee, hot chocolate, soda and bottled waters all complimentary with the executive room stay. Beds were comfortable, Wi-Fi is lightning quick, staff was exceptional from the front desk to the housekeeping to the lifeguards at the pool. Ate breakfast twice and had one dinner at their Grillfire restaurant. Food is expensive there but very good. We ordered ribs and sliders for dinner and the apple caramel french toast, chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, bacon & sausage for breakfast. Overall this was a great stay. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone. It can be pricey but well worth it in terms of comfort & safety.

My only issue was the ridiculous pantry prices, which I suppose is common in upper tier hotels. ($5 for beef jerky) I also didn't appreciate being denied a 12 noon checkout even though the clocks were moved forward an hour for daylight savings time essentially having us checkout an hour earlier than we were originally scheduled. An hour was going to make or break this hotel? I guess so and that was a first, but didn't put a total damper on our stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the 7th executive floor and have fun with the executive lounge
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments and for taking the time to write us about your experience in details. I appreciate your detailed description of the lobby, the guest floors, Grillfire, menus and other amenities. I will be reviewing your comments about the late check out with the management team. I looked into the pantry prices for "beef jerky". We sell individual sticks for $2.00 and a whole bag for $5.00. While looking at the price list, I noticed that it only lists "beef jerky" at $5.00 which I could see how this confused you. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you.
We are looking forward to you staying with us pretty soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

As a seasoned business traveler, this hotel felt like a upscale condo with the nice finishes in the room and prompt service by the front desk. Everything just has a streamlined feel, from the coffee pots brewing in the morning for quick getaway to the well laid out guestrooms for spreading out papers. I would recommend this hotel to fellow travelers who are looking for a contemporary change to the major chains when needing to stay near BWI. Kudos to the hotel, and keep up the good work. It is duly noted.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you so much for writing on here about your most recent stay. It is very valuable for a business traveler to share his experience at The Hotel as the majority of the reviews on here are from leisure travelers who are equally satisfied with their stay. You are absolutely correct, our guests command us on being a departure from the typical cookie cutter big box hotels.
We are looking forward to seeing you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My experience here was awesome. The Hotel was beautiful, clean and my room was stunning. I was very impressed and would certainly stay again. I highly recommend staying here. Even the restaurant attached to the hotel had amazing food.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank glenn824
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

This is fantastic!! I am so happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services! It seems you had some time to visit our restaurant (Grillfire). That is wonderful and I am glad you did as they are getting rave reviews and they are always packed!!
Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our first time staying at this hotel and I would like to say...Nice. The hotel was clean and very spacious. The restaurant "Grillfire" was awesome. The food was to die for and reasonable priced. The hotel will shuttle you to the casino 24/7. Will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 311
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Excellent!! I am so happy to know that you had a good time and that you discovered our hotel. I am glad that you utilized our shuttle services to go to the Casino. Hope you won!

Please come back and see us pretty soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We (my husband, two kids and I) were travelling along the interstate and decided to take an overnight break. I went through the tripadvisor guest comments and picked this hotel. This hotel is like a hidden gem! Very clean, inviting and friendly. The rooms are lovely and staff is very helpful. There is a nice restaurant in the hotel and a lovely Indian restaurant and a bagel and coffee shop right opposite. I would like to thank all earlier tripadvisor guests who leave comments and help other travelers take right decisions. I am so glad I found this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: For a little bit extra, I recommend staying on the concierge floor. They have a decent collection of...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

I am glad that you found out about us and ended up here and mostly the fact that you got to enjoy the amenities and restaurants. I am very delighted to know that you looked on Tripadvisor before coming here and that your stay validated your initial decision.
You are correct; the 7th floor offers more amenities and perks. Thank you for recommending!
Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was my first stay but it definitely will not be my last. I loved it so much I already booked my next stay. This is undoubtedly the cleanest hotel I haved ever encountered. I love how the rooms are not that of a "standard" hotel room but more of a comfortable personal living space. Very adult chic...very swank, which really tickles my fancy. Staff is friendly and helpful. Parking is free!!! What's not to love?!?!?

• Stayed: February 2013
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your excitement and appreciation for our hotel with all the TripAdvisor community out there. I will definitely share your comments with our housekeeping department and other departments because this means the world to them!!
Please come back and see us very soon.

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager