WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Hotel at Arundel Preserve

The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
scottsdale, az
“Great location nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel on the Sunday night before the hurricane when our flight was cancelled. Rooms are appointed very nicely, bathrooms are large and the lobby is well done. A bit of a walk to the mall but there is a Starbucks and other food places across the street.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments: they are greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and would like to remind you that we offer shuttle service to and from the mall, the casino, the airport and others within a 5 miles radius.

Please come back and see us soon!

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My group holds its fall meeting in this area. We were delighted by everything about this beautiful new property. From my first call to the hotel for general information, I encountered outstanding and helpful service. Unlike many properties near the airport, the Hotel knows how to handle shuttle transportation--guests know when to expect the shuttle, and ride in style in a Mercedes van.
The property itself is gorgeous, with a beautiful open lobby, well-designed meeting space,
spacious guest rooms with terrific furnishings and amenities. The hotel has a LEED certification, and unlike another property in the area that claims this designation, nothing here was done on the cheap. The wi-fi works perfectly, the restaurant and bar are fun, and the catering selections and staff served us very well. We are looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the seventh floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dr. Washington:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay while here attending your company's meeting. We definitely thrive to have a perfect experience for our guests staying here on leisure or business or both.
Please come back and see us when you can.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our company had a nice meeting for the Clinical Leaders. The cost we were charged was very reasonable. What nice rooms. Nice tiled showers with rain head fixtures. The bedroom had a very modern classy couch. The furniture was nicely done with nice art. The bed was super comfy. I slept fine despite not having my wife with me. I usually can't sleep well without her but as far as confines this place is great. View of the courtyard which was nice plus it was quiet. Super close to the airport. Very good restaurant. Think about it, you could have your company meeting here, reasonable rooms, add the value of low cost transfer to the hotel and this becomes a super affordable place for your conference. Now if your company has locations which connect with Southwest, then this place is golden for a destination.

Room Tip: Courtyard has less view but was quiet. 604 was a nice room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Frank:

Thank you so much for this beautifuly written survey. We have been actually seeing great successes with meetings with or without sleeping rooms. Our hotel's proximity to the Airport, the mall, the CASINO and other attractions make us the ideal place for a company meeting or get together. BWI Airport is actually a major hub for Southwest.
Please come back and see us soon!

Jeff Makhlouf General Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was taken away by the decor of your lobby. My visit was a weekend getaway for my boyfriend and myself to celebrate his birthday. I am from the southern Maryland area and arrived earlier in the day to check in so that I could decorate the room. Everything was fast and the front desk staff was very nice.

I made mention that I was coming early to decorate him to the front desk. I put up a banner and balloons and even placed rose petals on the floor of the bedroom leading towards a gift I had sitting on the bed. While I was out to get my boyfriend and bring him to the hotel someone (I believe housekeeping) put the robe and slippers on the bed as an extra part of the surprise. I thought that was very nice and thoughtful. It made me feel special as a guest, especially because I mentioned the reason for the visit earlier. Very nice.

I would highly recommend this hotel to others. My experience was wonderful and it was a nice weekend away from home. I would not hesitate to go back. I also think the breakfast coupon was a very nice touch to the stay. I wish we would not have overslept to experience that as well.
I was sad to leave. I would have loved to stay longer.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor but I am sure all of the rooms are nice. I can not see them being anything...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Happy Birthday to your boyfriend! Thank you for staying with us for this special occasion. He must be lucky! You definitely picked the perfect package for such an occasion. The 7th floor although it is furnished the same way as the rest of the hotel offers additional upgraded amenities.
Please come back and see us more often!

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The reviews of this hotel are incredible and rightly so. We had a wonderful experience, the location is outstanding, and the staff is warm and ever so friendly!! The GIANT and unusual high-level fireplace in the lobby is something to be seen!

From the outside, we thought we were in NYC--- neon lights, fountain across the way....lobby...all very modern, posh, and chic.

Cleanliness is top drawer---it was just wonderful!!

So, what don't I like about it? It's cold. Rooms are tiled....everything is grey, cold, rather dark. The bathrooms ONLY have showers, although I have to say that these showers are AMAZING!!! I just felt cold---I think it's an amazing place for business travelers, has many outlets for electronics, etc., in-room coffee and tea with lots of wonderful choices, and just an outstanding feeling of modern 'luxe.'

So, I can't NOT recommend this place because they are just over the top wonderful in so many areas; however, if you're looking for warm and cozy, this is not the romantic get-a-way for me. Sorry for the double negatives in this sentence...

I'm basically HIGHLY RECOMMENDING this wonderful and unique hotel.....just know what you're getting into! There is no breakfast included here.

Room Tip: Visit some of the wonderful historic sights in the area, including Historic Savage Mill for lovely a...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your survey! It is not only well written but is very honest and descriptive of our decor and facilities. I totally understand how you feel about our modern decor as this is purely taste. I appreciate the fact that while we did not appeal to your taste, you still gave us high marks. Thank you so much!

Have a great weekend!

Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I recently spent 4 nights at the Hotel at Arundel Preserve and were delighted with the experience. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the staff helpful, and the restaurant surprisingly good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone considering a trip to the Baltimore area and will definitely stay there on my next visit.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Welcome to the hotel for your first stay. Thank you so much for staying with us and also for taking the time to let everyone else know how much you loved us ! This means a lot to us!
Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baltimore.

Farmers Branch, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was a truly unexpected experience. The Hotel at Arundel Preserve is one of those places that you will try to manufacture a reason to visit the area, just so you can stay there! Too, too many special touches to list, everything from hardwood floor entry, amazing rainfall showers, perfectly comfortable beds, K-cup coffee/coffee makers, and the awesome courteous staff, Mercedes shuttle, to the K-cup coffee/coffee maker. I stayed here on a business trip, but after telling my hubby about it, I do believe that the next time we visit relatives in the DC area, we will bypass their lovely hospitality, and stay at the Hotel @ Arundel Preserve.....Just sayin'!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much! This is awesome feedback. There is nothing like our guests appreciating our hotel decor, amenities and services. We thrive to be the BEST hotel in the area and it is great to be appreciated!!
Please come back and see us on your next trip!

Sincerley,