All reviewsgrillfire restaurantthe executive loungebeautiful hotelbagel shopcorner roomparking garagelight switchesthe grilllate checkoutrain showersitting areafront desk staffgreat amenitiesvery nice stayindoor poolking roombwi airport
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I looked for many hotels for a trip up to Maryland. This one for sure caught my eye. When my family had originally booked this hotel, we were given a military rate, because of my dad being a retired vet. He had ended up not going, due to medical problems. I had called the hotel the sunday before our stay, and tried to see if my family could get the rate changed over to a AAA or AARP rate. After discussing the situation to Hannah, she handed the phone over to a man, who I believed was named Ron and must have been the manager. After re-discussing the situation to Ron, he told us that he would let us keep our rate, and that he had put he had seen the military id. That was even before my family arrived in Maryland! The property is close to BWI, and the Car rental facility. (I would say maybe less than 10 mins.) This property is also close to the Arundel Mills Mall, Maryland Live! (which is a new casino.) and a handful of chain-ish restaurants to eat at. These are all a short car drive away. You could say that this hotel in is a hot spot, due to the fact that most other towns are only a short drive away also. Baltimore is only about 30 minutes away. The hotel itself is extremely nice. The decor is very modern all through the hotel, and the hotel itself is very clean. The restaurant in the hotel; Grillfire, looks nice, but is moderately priced. The 7 floor hotel has a indoor pool, covered parking, a fitness center and a sundry shop. All throughout our stay, we were treated exceptionally by the staff. The front desk men and woman were extremely accommodating, and the housekeeping was very friendly when you walked down the hall. The room was amazing. When you first enter, (at least for my family's room.) there was a keurig machine and a small (and I mean small.) mini fridge. Then a bathroom, which had very fluffy and soft towels, a separate toilet area, a modern sink, and adjustable shower/handheld shower head. There also was little bottle of things to use, including a shower cap. After the bathroom there was a small closet with a iron, and hangers. The room we had booked had two queen beds in it. They were amazing to sleep in. The pillows, the comforter, the blanket, the sheets. Everything made it more amazing to sleep in. There was also a little desk-ish kind of area with a larger HDTV. The room has many lights in it as well, and some have the option to have high light or dim light. There is also a all off; all on switch at the entrance of the room. I know for a fact that I can not wait for my family's next stay in Maryland. We will for sure be returning guests at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you so much for not only staying with us but for taking the time and writing in detail about your stay here at the HOTEL at Arundel Preserve. We strongly believe that a good first impression is achieved with the reservations process. Thank you for taking the time to share details about our amenities in the room and the hotel as well as the local area. I would like to make a little correction to your review by clarifying that the indoor pool is on the first level and not the 7th floor as you mentioned. I am sure this was what you meant.
Finally, thank you for noticing and appreciating our green initiatives on the room lights switches. The All on or All Off buttons are designed to conserve energy and be environmentally friendly.

Please come back to see us again.

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are very fancy for the price. I love the additional seating (chair and couch besides the desk) and the bathroom is fantastic!. The in room Keurig is great for coffee and tea and has plenty of cream and sugar options. It is pitch black at night in the room which is also awesome. Our room was super quiet. The staff was amazing. Definitely will return!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I often accept any property which is just functional, especially for an overnight stay at an airport property when the purpose is to just fly out very early. However, in addition to the rave reviews online, two important things REALLY clinched the deal for me – 1) the Hotel @Arundel Preserve is locally-owned and operated and 2) they are very environmentally conscious and sustainable, and LEED-certified.

From Emily, the reservationist, to the awesome Front Desk staff, to shuttle drivers (Jim, Tim, Robert et al.), to the wonderful maintenance and housekeeping staff, this Hotel sets the standard for ALL hotels. The entire staff is so uniformly friendly, accommodating, competent, knowledgeable and most of all, proud of their property and to be a part of an organization offering the top guest experience to visitors.

The property is not quite a year old, so it is super clean, tastefully modern and over-the-top comfortable. There is 24-hour shuttle service to/from BWI, the BWI/Marc/Amtrak station, Arundel Mills Mall, the new Maryland Live! mega-casino (I’ve never seen so many slots in my life), and to points within a reasonable radius from the Hotel.

I will now use BWI as my airport of choice for the DC area so that I can stay at the Hotel again – especially to try the Grillfire Restaurant and its athletic amenities. If you still have trepidations about spending perhaps a few extra dollars, let me tell you that it will be worth every penny, if anything for the indescribable comfort and the piece of mind that they'll get you to the airport in time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank d12345_11

Excellent question!! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Not only you wrote in details and great care about our hotel, you also posted amazing pictures from your stay! Thank you so much!
There is nothing more rewarding for a hotelier than to know that his or her efforts are a)noticeable and most importantly b)appreciated.
We definitely spent much effort and though to make this property the best in this area and wanted to make sure all means of luxury and comfort are offered to our guests.
Your decision to utilize BWI for your travel needs is a wise one! BWI airport has maintained its small easy to use airport feel without jeopardizing its offerings or choice of flights and airlines.
We are looking forward to seeing you stay with us soon.

Jeff Makhlouf

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This hotel is simply amazing!! Beautiful and modern interior design paired with wonderful customer service, a great location and all the amenities anyone could wish for! It's luxurious but not over the top.The beds are soo comfortable, my husband and i slept like babies every night! The bathrooms are just marvelous!!! The rooms are super clean and the cleaning staff, just like everyone else, is extremely friendly! The executive lounge on the 7th floor is just an extra perk with free snacks, drinks, and state of the art coffee maker. The little gym with its high end fitness equipment is a great bonus as well. Parking is free and they do offer military discounts for everyone eligible. It is about 5 minutes away from the mall and there are several stores in walking distance from the hotel.
My husband and I have yet to stay at a more beautiful hotel and we will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kaya_K0986
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us about your stay and most importantly thank you for selecting our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you had time to explore the area. Do not forget to visit the recently opened Maryland Live Casino next time you stay with us!

Jeff Makhlouf

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed at this property because that's where the business function was. I arrived about noon and got those dreaded words "We were full last night so won't have ANY rooms available until 3:00." And they were correct...

No problem - the lobby/atrium is bright and airy, there is wi-fi, and also a table to work at. All in all, not too bad.

Once I was able to check in the room was quite nice. I got a corner room with a king bed on the top (7th) floor. The decor was very contemporary. Maybe not as modern as The Joule in Dallas, but it was a nice room.

There is a bagel shop and an Indian restaurant across the parking lot as well as the hotel's own restaurant. There is also a small shopping center across the street that had a few restaurants and a wine and beer shop - all I need!

Our meeting room was very spacious and airy and the hotel did a good job in meeting our needs. My room was $209 for the night so it was definitely not a bargain.

Probably the funniest sight I saw was at the small hotel indoor pool. There was some poor lifeguard there who must have been going crazy trying to stay awake since there was no one else at the pool almost every time I went by.

The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Would I stay there again? Not on my own dime, but if the company was paying - sure, why not?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us about your most recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and glad to know you would consider coming back. We do offer promotional rates and incentives on slower nights and some weekends for our leisure travelers. For your next trip to HAnover, MD you might want to try out the new MD LIVE casino down the street and all its exciting new restaurants and lounges.

Hope to see you soon.