“Modern Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Chicago, Illinois
“Modern Hotel”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Beautiful lobby with fireplace. I was there for a wedding reception and stayed the night after the wedding. It is located within walking distance to a strip mall with multiple restaurant options as well as restaurant in the hotel. The hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the Baltimore (BWI) airport. Staff is friendly and accommodating, allowing me to check in early the day of my arrival. Hotel is only a couple months old at this point. Bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the HOTEL. My staff and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a good time. You are totally correct on the location as the hotel is less than a mile away from Maryland's largest shopping mall: Arundel Mills with a movie theater and CASINO to come next year!

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Traveling as frequently as we do, our expectations are quite high. This hotel met all of them...and then some. Not only was the room a combination of ultimate comfort and luxury but the overall appearance of the lobby created a feeling of elegance. It was hard to believe the price was as affordable as it was. If you need a hotel in this area, your search has ended....don't even hesitate or look further. Wish we could find something like this quality in the other states in which we travel. Five stars +

Room Tip: If you have any special needs or concerns, the staff is quite accomodating and will address them whe...
Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for letting all the other travelers know about our hotel and for the review title! Nothing makes me and the staff more satisfied than such comments from guests like yourself. Please come back and see us again!

Pittsburgh
Reviewed November 28, 2011

booked 2 Queens for us and two adult/teen daughters. Location is in a brand new area and very quiet. Less than one mile from Arundel Mills and right off I-279. Lobby is contemporary and beautiful. Small pool and restaurant adjacent. Didn't try either. Staff very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious. Besides the 2 beds, there was a small closet, small "dresser", large desk, easy chair with stool, and a small refrigerator. The large window had 2 sets of blinds, one translucent and the other a room darkening type. The bathroom was very large. The toilet has its own separate room. Somewhat commercial in feel. The decor of everything is very contemporary. Beds were firm but with a soft pillow top. Down comforters were too hot to sleep with. Keurig coffee maker. No noise problems. Overall, a very nice stay, nice staff, quiet, clean, a great price (we paid $109 on Thanksgiving night).

Cons: Bath a bit shallow if you like to take baths. Not much negative to say.

Suggestion to hotel: when you know there are 4 guests in a room, please supply more k-cups for the Keurig. Also 4 cups/glasses instead of 2. Would be nice to have wine glasses in the rooms too.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel the saturday after Thanksgiving and it was very nice. The room was a decent size and bed was great!

I love the bathroom, but the shower could have used either a sliding door or a small door because I felt a draft.

I was a little uneasy coming in from the parking lot and walking thru black curtains to get into the lobby, but I assume they are still working on the building and in time this will change.

I would stay here again as long as the price stays the same.

Room Tip: Doesnt' have bathtub for children.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Aliveontheroad
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for my birthday with a few friends. When first driving up to this hotel everything is so beautiful. The building is lit up in blue, my favorite color! The lobby is stunning, especially the fireplace. The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful and gave me a great room. Checking in took less than five minutes! I had booked a double queen room, and I think that the gentleman at the front desk may have upgraded my room because I was on the seventh floor (which is as high as the floors go). The elevators were super fast! When first walking into the room it is spacious with a huge tv sitting on the desk. The bathroom was pretty, but from the pictures online I thought I would have had a separate shower, but that was not the case. That was a disappointment and the view we had from the room wasn't spectacular either. While in the shower I noticed that the water would go from cold to hot and so forth. I'm guessing that since this is a new hotel, that they haven't worked out the kinks yet? The beds were nice, although I didn't much care for my comforter. Halfway through the night I noticed that all the feathers inside the comforter had moved to one side causing me to shake the comforter a couple of times to even it out. The robes in the room were nice, as well as the slippers. We immediately put them on and strolled about the hotel as if we were regulars lol. The pool was nice, no hot tub though. Everything looked brand new since this is a new hotel. I absolutely loved the big mirrors, it was perfect when applying makeup and seeing my entire outfit before stepping out the door. The Keurig coffemaker was nice, I brewed a cup of coffee but I didn't have enough sugar in the room to prepare it to my liking. I'm sure I could have got some, but it wasn't a big issue. The executive lounge had the best hot chocolate, I believe I had about 3 cups during my stay. In the lounge they didn't really have too many refreshments, just diet coke and trail mix. All in all, I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend to anyone. I happened to get my room at a great price (grand opening special) but if the prices get any higher I'm not sure how inclined I will be to book it again. It is a great hotel, but money is too valuable nowadays!

Room Tip: Try to stay on the highest floor possible and get a room with a view.
3 Thank Charla L
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thank you for this beautiful review. This is one of the nicest and most descriptive surveys written by a guest. The pictures you posted look great too! I certainly appreciate your feedback regarding the executive lounge. I will talk to our F&B team regarding our executive lounge and the variety of items offered in there. Thank you again!

Jeff Makhlouf
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Overall I feel that this is a very nice hotel. Large spacious rooms, clean, nice shower, very comfortable lobby with a large touchscreen monitor to check in to your flight.

I was disappointed with the TV service as the rooms have satellite service which was very flakey due to the rain. The lobby has cable service that does not experience this problem. It appears that the entrance from the parlking haraje to the hotel is under construction an not very appealing.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard have a nice view of the fountain.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay at the Hotel at Arundel Preserve. I would like to thank you for your feedback on the satellite system. This is important to us as we want to ensure no service interruption even in bad weather. We had actually added a de-icing cover as well as other devices to minimize any weather related disruptions to our satellite TV system. As far as the entrance from the garage into the hotel, the construction team is wrapping up and will be out by the end of next week.

Thank you again for all your feedback.

Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I absolutely love this hotel. The staff was amazing! The lobby is soo inviting. The decor! The room! The bathroom! The bed!! The 7th floor is where you need to be. Executive level. Makes you feel right at home.

Room Tip: Book the 7th floor
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your lovely feedback and for staying with us recently. You are absolutely correct, our 7th floor is our executive floor and only for a small additional fee offers even more luxurious amenities such as Bvlgari bathroom amenities, bath robes and slippers, upgraded mattresses, 24 hours access to the executive lounge with free printing, coffee, sodas and snacks!

Thank you again for your feedback.