$81
$109
CandlewoodSuites
$157
$129
Element Arundel Mills(Hanover)(Great Value!)
$123
Aloft Arundel Mills(Hanover)(Great Value!)
$101
$108
$96
Priceline
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

All reviewsgrillfire restaurantthe executive loungebeautiful hotelromance packagebagel shopcorner roomparking garagelight switcheslate checkoutrain showersitting areafavorite hotelfront desk staffindoor poolvery nice stayking roomgreat amenities
Reviewed October 19, 2011

The Hotel at Arundel Preserve opened for business about August or September 2011, everything looks and smells new and very elegant. The staff made me feel like I was special. Not just one or two but every person I dealt with made me feel welcome.
My AAA/AARP Weekday King room with sofa rate with tax was only $135.00 which was a real value in the Baltimore - Washington, DC business hotel rates. I had seen the property while on business in the area 2 weeks before and I made it a point to look up the hotel on the Internet and to see if I could afford to stay there because the property looks like it will cost $200-300 a night. This property will get a lot of my business for as long as they keep such affordable rates in such a beautiful hotel.
The all modern bathroom with it’s clear glass shower wall (inside one of four) and three tile walls with a rain style shower head (comes from the ceiling with about a 12 inch shower head) and 10-12 foot ceilings was a Wow. The king bed was comfortable with high thread count cotton sheets and down feather comforter. The room is not your ordinary corporate room, it is modern and functional and when you walk into the room you will smile and say, “This is very nice.”
The swimming pool looked like a country club.
The food in the restaurant was very good.
I ordered their Signature cob salad with grilled chicken. It was delivered within about 15 minutes and the grilled chicken was hot and delicious.

Room Service: The 20% automatic gratuity on top of the menu price for room service seemed a bit too high. But I paid it and gave the server an extra $5.00.
Next time I may just order my meal and eat in the restaurant or order the meal to go walk it back to my room.

Free Internet service worked well and was fast.

I suggest that if business or pleasure in the Hannover, Fort Mead, BWI Airport area, that you make it a point to stay here soon because as their popularity grows this hotel will book up for sure and the rates will surely get higher.

I loved my stay and I’m already books for 2 more nights in October 2011.
When you find a good thing the tendency is not to share it so other don't spoil the location. But I hope you will not spoil my new found treasure. Smile

Did I mention that it just feels so new and so clean? Smile
Richard

PS. This is the first hotel review I have ever written in and I have been traveling since 1963! I have stayed at hotels from Rome, Italy to Honolulu, Hawaii and almost every state and country in between. I have stayed in $30 a night hotel rooms and I have stayed in $400 a night rooms on the American Express list of Fine Properties. I travel with the American Express Platinum Card and the American Express Gold Business card. When other properties would ask me to complete their survey I tossed the survey in the trash; on in the past 10 years when I received a hotel survey by e-mail I deleted the e-mail. There is something different about The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, and I think that you will agree with me after you stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side overlook the circle and the fountain. I didn't hear any road noise because the property is located in a Preserve Area, adjacent to other condo residential properties and not next to a highway or Interstate. Free 5 story parking garage. The property is about a ¼ of a mile to the east of I-295 between Baltimore and Washington, DC. I loved my stay and I’m already books for 2 more nights in October 2011.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I'm writing this review a little late, but I booked this hotel thru expedia for one night over Labor Day weekend during a visit to Baltimore Harbor & to visit relatives in the area. Parking was free & there was plenty of it. I booked a room w/ 2 double beds, as I was traveling with 2 children. I was told that the hotel had just opened a few weeks ago, and I'm assuming that was the reason for the extremely low rate. I decided to stay here instead of directly around the harbor, due to the price of course & because it was a new hotel. It took approximately 15-20 mins. to drive to the harbor. The room was modern, well decorated & quiet. The only downside was that the hotel's website said there was an indoor & outdoor pool, but when I asked they said there was only an indoor pool, which was quite small & even though the pool was like 3 ft. and I was there supervising my 11 year old son, the rude teenage lifeguard stayed there the whole time, and he never smiled or said anything. I think it's the hotel's policy, but it would be nice to have some privacy while at the pool. The fitness center was nice. Also, other than at check-in, none of the staff seemed to be enthusiastic about their jobs. I did not dine at the restaurant, so I can't comment on that. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us back in September. I am glad you chose us for your Baltimore visit. You are correct, the hotel here is very modern and new with many more things to do in the area. As far as the pool, I am sorry that you felt this way, however local county rules requires the presence of a lifeguard. I am glad that you had a good stay with us and welcome you to stay with us during your next visit to the area.

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager

Reviewed October 15, 2011

I'm from the area but decided to spend the weekend away. I really enjoyed this hotel and would definitely stay again. The hotel rooms are spacious and new with modern decor. The customer service I received during my stay was excellent.

Pros:
Rooms are new, spacious and quiet
Near 295 and BWI airport
Close to Arundel Mills mall
Nice pool and exercise room
Area is well lit and safe for single travelers

Cons:
Only one restaurant (Grillfire) is easily accessible

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for several days mid September/2011. We were moving into the Residences at Arundel Preserve (adjacent to the hotel). The Hotel is wonderful. Quiet, well appointed, comfortable beds, professional staff, great and easy parking (the best of the best, truly). There is a restaurant attached to the hotel (which also provides the hotels room service) called Grillfire. We ate dinner there three times. The service there is world-class, great staff. The first time I had steak, it was badly cooked and gritty (ate less than half). The second time I had a chicken pot pie. It was awful. There was ZERO crust, very little meat and a thin (almost clear) broth (not gravy) as the interior liquid. No flavor. What little chicken there was clearly pre-purchased, pre-cut...come-on Grill fire. So the morning we checked out we had breakfast at Grillfire, we arrived at 6:30am and were the only ones there. The eggs were horrible (way to salty- we both left half our eggs), the bacon was "old" and greasy (apparently they must have pre-cooked it and had it sitting in a pan of grease). They serve these small tasteless (expensive) muffins with the breakfast (The manager should go to Mimi's for breakfast, that's a wonderful muffin). The hotel is a 5 and the resturant is a 1- so I give the total experience a 3.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DavidJames1234
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write about your experience with the hotel and restaurant. I know from personal experience that moving puts someone's life on hold. We are glad that we were able to put some comfort back in your life with your hotel stay.
As far as the restaurant, I have forwarded your comments to the restaurant GM in order to use them for coaching for his crew as well as his chef. The restaurant opened shortly before the hotel did in August and has been doing great since then. There has been a few hiccups along the way as it is with any new business opening up. All of those have been worked out as they have helped in getting us to the next level of great services.
Thank you for all your great and constructive feedback, please come back and give us another try.

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Room Tip: I booked a 7th floor executive King suit, along with a romance package over the phone for Saturday September 24. When I received my conformation email it said a king bedroom, so I called back just to double check to make sure it was the room I wanted and the gentleman said that yes it was the 7th floor executive suit . When I went to go check in that Saturday and I received my room key, it wasn’t the room I asked for. I didn’t say anything, because the price was great and I really didn’t want to spend any more for just one night. The room was great, it was a nice size and very clean of course, being a new hotel. The romance package included champagne, strawberries, room service breakfast, and a 2 pm checkout. The champagne and strawberries were a nice treat upon entering the room, so of course I was excited about breakfast in bed. My boyfriend and I decided to order some food from Grillfire so we went downstairs to pick the food up. The restaurant had a very nice atmosphere but the food was a bit expensive and tasted ok. I really wanted to go back one day and sit down at the restaurant for dinner but the food wasn’t all the great for the price so maybe one day ill return. Me and my boyfriend woke up around 10 am the next morning to order our food we could spend up to $40 so I calculated our food in my head to make sure I didn’t go over $40. When the food arrived, I was shocked to receive a bill, our breakfast had came to $62 I had to pay $22 out of my pocket. Me and my boyfriend only ordered pancakes, French toast, sausage and eggs, and two apple juices. I was charged a room service fee of $2.50, a $9.90 food gratuity plus taxes. It was ridicules that I even had to pay a room service fee out of the $40, I would think that because the package said room service breakfast you wouldn’t have to turn around and pay for it. I couldn’t even eat after I saw the bill, I only wish that the women would have told me over the phone that I was going over $40 because I would have just took the 5 minute walk to the restaurant to pick up the food or even took off the apple juice which was $5 a glass. I could have saved $12 by just walking downstairs. Honestly I would have rather went to McDonalds or even the Golden Coral, down the street to get breakfast. That really put a damper on my day and the food only being so so made my day even worse. To top off my day, somebody came into our room at 11 am to see if anybody was still in there and we weren’t suppose to check out until 2. When my boyfriend stepped out the room around 1pm the key wasn’t even working. Would I ever recommend this hotel, probably but when we checked in the guy at the front desk said the room prices would be doubling so for $200 I wouldn’t recommend especially with so many hotels in the immediate area. I only live 20 min away from the Arundel Mills area so it was a trip to simply just get away because there really isn’t anything out there expect the mall. The hotel is a good area for the upcoming slots, and if you want to be close to the airport. For $200 I think ill be sticking to the National Harbor for my just want to get away trips, you have a view of the water plus lost of stores and restaurants all the hotels backyards.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brit J
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback about your experience with the romance package. What took place during your stay was totally unacceptable and I apologize on behalf of all the staff for the billing mixup with the restaurant. The romance package includes breakfast in your room and you should not have been charged. Please contact me with your stay information and I will gladly remove all the additional charges from your account. I forwarded this morning all your feedback to the department managers for follow up and coaching with their staff. I kindly ask you to give us another try as we are now through working out all the opening glitches. I can be reached directly at 410 796 9836 or at jeffm@thehotelarundel.com.

Jeff Makhlouf