“Pleasant Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clarkstown, NY
“Pleasant Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Recently spent a few days at the HH Arundel Mills. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was quiet and clean. The kitchen had limited supplies, but was clean. Ample parking and close to shopping and the Casino. Complimentary hot breakfast left something to be desired and when the dining area was full, the 2 workers could not keep up with the demands. Other breakfast items were fine. There is also a small restaurant in the HH Garden Inn if you want a different option for breakfast and a Dennys opposite the back of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Mcsweddee,
Thank you for the great feedback regarding our helpful and pleasant staff.

I have forwarded your feedback regarding our rooms to our Director of Housekeeping and Director of Food & Beverage regarding our breakfast team.

It’s feedback from our guests that allow us the opportunity to improve. Mcsweddee, we look forward to your return.

Waitman V.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Belleville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

this is a very nice hotel. Rooms were very clean and all areas of the hotel were very nice. The wait staff was always friendly and willing to help. The gym was well kept and clean equipment. Laundry room only had one washer working at a time that is the only drawback that I had staying at this hotel otherwise it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Guest,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your experience at our hotel. Our team takes great pride knowing that our guests feel special and well taken care of during their trip.
Looking forward to your return,

Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This property is a disgrace to the Hilton brand! I spend over 100 nights per year in Hilton hotels and had no reason to believe this property wouldn't live up to the quality I have been used to. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a two room suite, which was great... that's where it stops. Upon exiting the elevator we were greated by filthy carpets that appear to have gone un-vacuumed for quite a while along with a stench eminating throughout the hallways. Directly outside our room door and many others were plastic bags filled with soiled linens. Upon entering our room we thought it was going to be a nice comfortable stay. We noticed a musty/gym locker odor in one of the bedrooms and just figured the air needed to be run for a while. We turned on the air and proceeded to the pool only to find out it didn't open until 4PM during the week! WOW, I have never stayed at a hotel anywhere that didn't have the pool open all day. We then left and grabbed some dinner and returned at about 8PM... solied linens, filthy carpet and stench still in the hallway. After further investigation, I found the source of the stench coming from a soiled diaper in the garbage can in the vending room so I closed the door... garbage was removed presumably by housekeeping the next day.

We left after two days and the odor never left the room. Realizing a couple of days later that we had forgotten something in the room, I called the hotel to see if they'd found the item. The person at the desk transferred me to a houekeeping extension that was rerouted to someone's cell phone so I left a message. Two days later, no call back so I called again. This time they took a message and said someone would call me back. Two days later again, no call back so I called again. I asked to stay on hold until a live person in housekeeping picked up. After speaking to them and explaining the item I lost I sat on hold for the next 15 minutes. When the person picked up again they explained that they were unable to locate the item and that they'd call me back after they looked in more places... I'm sure you know the outcome... no call back!

As the subject says... disappointing! Although I earn points with Hilton on every stay, they certainly lost points with me on this one!

Room Tip: Keep in mind the pool doesn't open until 4PM during the week... serious disappointment for kids.
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Cherga2013,

Please accept my sincere apologizes for the inconvenience with your overall hotel stay. I have discussed your feedback with our Director of Facilities and Director of Operations and assure you that it’s our commitment to ensuring each guest a memorable experience.

When your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area please contact me directly as I would be delighted to show you our improvements.

Waitman
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Hotel is a great place to stay. They have a shuttle bus that will take you anywhere within a 5 miles radius. We were able to go to the Mall, Casino and restaurants and never had to worry about driving. The Breakfast could be a little better, but overall the Hotel was clean and quiet. The pool had enough clorine to kill all germs. They have an outdoor sitting area right off of the pool with a grill that you can reserve and use to host a little get together. I will stay here again the next time I visit Maryland.

Guest,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay. I have forwarded your comments regarding breakfast to our Senior Chef to identify ways we can improve our breakfast while remaining within the Homewood Suites guidelines.
Hopefully upon your return you have the opportunity to use our complimentary grill. There is a grocery store within shuttle limits to assist you with any cooking needs you may have.
Thank you for choosing our hotel, looking forward to your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Love the staff, the property, the manager's reception and the great wi-fi! Second visit to this two-Hilton property, and it was a great experience. Scarlet at the front desk is definitely a plus to this property! (And if you don't Homewood, the other side of the property is a HGI, so another great option at this property).

• Stayed July 2013
Lkm80919,

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our manager’s reception, complimentary wi-fi and your experience with our Guest Services associate Scarlett.

I look forward to reviewing your experience at our next Operations meeting with Scarlett and the hotel leadership team!

Waitman
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I are currently staying in the homewood suites but are planning to leave early. Although the front desk staff is exceptional and the convenience of having a full breakfast and dinner 4 nights a week is amazing, it just isn't enough to keep us here. On night one the fire alarm in our room went off 5 times starting at 1230 in the morning. After the 5th incident the front desk guy finally removed both smoke alarms and we were able to get some rest. He comped the room for us. My only other complaint about the room is that our toilet leaked but maintenance promptly fixed that. Also the hotel offers coin laundry for guests staying here. It's a dollar to wash and a dollar to dry. That's fine, but when I put my laundry in only one washer worked. It was just frustrating that they only offer two washers as it is. I told the front desk and they once again sent someone out who gave me a dollar to rewash in the one working machine. My biggest complaint is housekeeping. In the 5 days that we've been here housekeeping has failed to leave towels...taking the used ones but not replacing them....they don't replace the toilet paper or Kleenex, soap, or has failed to come by completely. We were scheduled to stay here long term but have since booked another hotel to move to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Sandra60811,

Please accept my sincere apologize for the concerns with the in room smoke detector, leaky toilet and housekeeping service.

I am glad that our Guests Services team was able to provide immediate resolution for the smoke detector and toilet and I will work with our Housekeeping Manager regarding the housekeeping service.

It’s feedback from our guests that allows us the opportunity to improve in the future. Thank you for providing feedback on your most recent stay.

Rochestetr, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

A fairly new/modern property, but hotel hallways were dirty (unvacumed) and noticed mildew around tub/shower. New hotel, but seems like the cleaning staff is cutting corners a bit... Quality of food @ free breakfast seemed a bit underwhelming--again, not what I normally experiece from Homewood Suites or the Hilton Chain.

• 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
James C,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Facilities to review with maintenance and housekeeping regarding the concerns noted.

As a member of the Hilton family it’s important to us that our guests receive the same experience as any other Homewood Suites.

We look forward to your return so we can show you our improvements.

Waitman V