“Nice place but very confusing being 2 hotels in 1! Couldn't find it.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Hanover
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lexington Park, Maryland
“Nice place but very confusing being 2 hotels in 1! Couldn't find it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I couldn't even find it and drive around for a while because you cannot see it from the road. My GPS put me on the right road but ended me too far down in the middle of a business park. The only hotels you can see from the road is the HI Express, and the Hilton Garden Inn. Well wouldn't you know it, the Hilton is split in half and the Homewood is hiding behing the Garden inn. There isn't a real sign you can see from the road or anything. Just a tiny sign that is easy to miss, because I did. I was looking for a standalone hotel which is usually easy to spot from a distance. The only way I found it was to go inside the Hilton and ask, and they told me it was around back. Who could know this? Very stupid on their part. They need to put a larger sign out by the road at least, or put both names at the top in neon. So be warned, don't look for this place, but instead the Hilton Garden Inn and then drive around back.

Other than that, the room was very nice and clean. The bed was comfortable, although they only had feather pillows and I cannot stand them at all. Usually most hotels at least have a traditional pillow in the closet but not this place. We also used the couch bed for my 3yr old and it was just fine. There was extra bedding in the closet for it, but no extra pillows. The room had a full size fridge/freezer and kitchenette. You could stay here a while and cook if needed. The shower layout was stupid with the towel rack inside the shower. That makes no sense unless you want wet towels. It also leaked all over the floor so we had to put a towel down on the ground under the doorway. Breakfast was great and comparable to most other places. Fake eggs, and cheap sausage. The potatoes were good, and everything else there which are breads, cereal, oatmeal, etc. The presentation was nicer than the food, but it definitely hit the spot and is all we needed. I am not complaining about it, just saying how it is. It's what I expected, and that's fine. The pool is very nice but has dumb hours of opperation. It closes early, and opens late. It makes it hard to use it if you are only staying 1 night. We had to stay they next day until checkout in order to fit the pool in since it doesn't open until 10am and closed at like 7pm or something rediculously early. The pool is on the ground floor and shared by both sides of the hotel as well as laundry and fitness. The washing machines only use cold water which is stupid and don't wash very good. My toddler threw up on the way here and we needed to wash his cloths and car seat cover. They still smelled when I pulled them out as if I only used water and no soap, but I put soap in. It costed $1 to wash and $1 to dry so I wan't doing it twice. It was better than before but still not clean. Would have been much better if it could have been washed in hot water. The front desk also does not keep any extra towels or soaps etc behind the counter which is poor. I was told I would need to wait for the cleaning service to arrive in the morning to get more items. What about those that arrive in late and need something? The desk should always have a small supply of things available, as most places do. I was surprised at this.

Overall this was a good stay and I would stay here again now that I know where it is. It's cheaper and nicer to stay in Arundel Mills when seeing Baltimore than staying right in the noisy city and dealing with parking fees and crime. It's only a short 20min or so drive into the city so no biggie, and also close to BWI with shuttle service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Harrisburg, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed at the homewood because they had 2 bedroom suites and 24 hr shuttle service to the airport. Rooms were clean and we didn't have any problems there. We also had no problem taking the shuttle to the airport at 5am. It was getting a shuttle to come pick you back up that was the problem. I had called the hotel ahead of our stay to verify they had 24hr shuttle service and they said it wasn't a problem. Our flight landed around 10:30pm in Bwi. Immediately after we got our bags we called for a pickup. The front desk said they were on their way and to stand in zone 1 or zone 3. We asked the front desk person over the phone where these zones were located and they basically said they couldn't help and to ask someone at the airport. Which was a joke at that time of night. So we stand where we think we are to be and a homewood suites van pulls up. My husband asks if this is the van for the arundel mills location and we are told yeah this it.. We load all 6 passengers bags from a cruise on the van and are on our way. We are all chatting about our vacation and the driver says we are there. We look up and we are at a different homewood then what we stayed at. We are at the one in Linthicum. At this point it's after 1130pm. We ask the shuttle driver if he can please run us to the other hotel since it was his fault?? He runs inside asks someone and says and is told no..he has to take us back to the airport. So we head back to the airport and call the hotel again and explain what happened and once again the rep says the shuttle is on its way. We waited outside for another 30minutes in 30 degree weather and still no shuttle. My husband calls yet again and the rep says its going to be a while we have people at the casino to pickup. Don't you think it's priority to pick up people at the airport standing outside with all their baggage who have just been taken to the wrong hotel over people leisurely playing at a casino. So the shuttle never did come. we waited until 1230am when we finally took a taxi at our $$ back to the hotel to get our car.. Needless to say this made for a sour end to a great vacation..my family was beyond frusterated at this point so we didn't talk to management at 1am but looking back we should have. Quite the disappointment...

• Stayed February 2013
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I have stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills hotel a few times over the past couple years and usually have a nice stay. This 2 night weekend trip Feb 15-17 was very different and to be honest a very big disappointment.

Let me explain our disappointment. On Sat Feb 16th, we left the hotel to run over to Arundel Mills to eat and watch a movie so that the room could be made up. When we returned, we noticed we didn’t have any towels except for the floor towel and a hand towel. So why did housekeeping not replace our towels? We called down and told guest services we didn’t get any towels and they said they would get us towels.

My daughter wanted to go swimming, so we went to the pool to find that there were “no towels” available at the pool as well and the lifeguard said he had called and told housekeeping they were out of towels as well. Since we didn’t have any towels in our room either, my daughter could not go swimming at that time. Can you imagine the disappoint in my daughter after being so excited spending a weekend at a hotel in winter just so that she can play/swim in an indoor pool? Not a good feeling I can assure you. So we went back to our room and watched TV for a while before we went back down to the pool.

After an hour and a half or so, we still haven’t received towels in the room, and my daughter really wanted to go to the pool. On the way down to the pool, we stopped at the front desk and asked why we didn’t get any towels yet. They said they were working on it and would get them to us as soon as possible. This was at 7:30pm. We went to the pool and there were still no towels at the pool as well. My daughter was about to cry and I told her to go in and play/swim in the pool. My wife went up to the room to get t-shirts so that my daughter could dry off after here time in the pool. Do you know how sad that is to have to resort to using our clothes to dry off?

At 10:30pm, I went back down to the front desk to ask why we still didn’t have any towels in our room. My daughter smelled like chlorine and we needed towels to take a shower. The Front Desk person again assured me that they would bring towels up within the hour. I stayed up waiting for the towels and by “Midnight”, they were still not brought up. I called downstairs again to Guest Services. Apparently a shift change happened and the person working up front didn’t know of our request for towels. What kind of communication system do they have during shift change? She assured me that she would get us towels as soon as possible. Finally at 12:35am, I heard a knock on the door and our towels had arrived along with the tissues my wife had called down for earlier in the day.

This was not a very happy trip for anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our second stay in a short while at this hotel, as I had outpatient surgery nearby. The room was very comfortable and spacious. The kitchenette was well equipped. The internet worked well (not a common experience in hotels). There is a nice HD TV with accessibly hookups if you are travelling and wanted to bring your own DVD/blu-ray/video game system.
The hotel lobby is nice and very clean. Breakfast was typical hotel fare but done correctly and with a nice dining area. We did not get to try the offered dinners. The room was quiet. AC and heat worked well.
The hotel was very pet-friendly, and had adequate walking areas that were well-lit at night.
We actually looked forward to staying there the second time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice hotel to stay in for the price! Location is 2 mintues away from the nearest attractions but is not congested with traffic. Hotel room was nice and clean with very comfortable bed, comforter and sheets. The bathroom consisted of a nice and spacious stand up shower with glass folding doors. Defenantly a fine establishment that we will revisit!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloemond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is very well located close to BWI and Car Rental Center. Roomy suites with great beds. Friendly staff and complementary breakfast included. Even complementary dinner is served during weekdays. Close to Arundel Mills Mall and many restaurants. Highly recommended to all travelers and is pet friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

When we arrived to the Hotel at approximately 3:00 p.m. we were told that our room was not cleaned yet! We look around and realized that we were not the only ones waiting. There were roughly 15-20 other people waiting on their rooms as well. at about 4:30 p.m. we spoke with one group that had requested an early check-in online and were still waiting as well. We witnessed another couple whose reservation was completely lost even thought they paid in advance. We decided to take the shuttle service (which was one one the only positives) over to the mall while we waited on our room. We finally received a call that our room was ready at 6:45 p.m. (3 hours and 45 minutes later)! Frank, the front desk attendant was very polite and apologetic during the whole ordeal. When he called to check the status of our room from house keep a VERY RUDE gentleman told him (over the walkie talkie) that he would call him when it was ready and not to call back again. When we eventually were able to go to our room the was an overwhelming smell when we opened the door and our freezer smelled strongly of something like spoiled milk. We asked to speak with a manager and were told that the manager was not in and would not be in until Monday morning. I then called the corporate office and spoke to a woman who was not polite and offered to apologized instead told us it looked like the hotel had a full house the night before and were behind on cleaning the rooms. When I advised her that, that was just unacceptable she said "Ma'am they are cleaning it as fast as they can they were just really busy the prior night" She never offered any compensation or apologies instead told us we needed to speak with the hotel manager on Monday. I asked to speak to her manager who was not in the office as well, so I left a voicemail for her to call me back however, I have not heard a word yet! When we woke up the next morning I decided to check out my online bank account I noticed an additional $50.00 charge had been placed the day before on my account but I was told nothing of this and received to statement of what the fee may have been for! THIS WAS THE WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD! I am a Hilton Honors member and have always stayed at Hilton hotels in the past but I am seriously think of switching over to Marriot after this whole nightmare. I would not feel this way but the lack of caring on the hotel and corporate office has me very upset.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Vanessa S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us today to let us know about your experience. I do apologize for the mishaps during your stay with us. I have shared with the staff how we can better handle the situation in the future. I certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.