The Lobby is fresh and clean and beautiful. The staff is equally as hospitable as the Lobby is inviting. The van driver was especially friendly.
Once you get to the guest room floors....I found the place to feel dark, sterile and uninviting. No padding under the carpet in the hallways. The room while large and spacous with new everything...it was dorm-like and very utilitarian. There was only one piece of artwork between the bedroom, living area and bathroom. Very blah, blah, blah. No pizzazz at all -- very hum, drum. I take that back -- the shower/bathroom area was very snazzy with a large square shower-head and smaller handheld showerhead. The bed, linens, towels and soaps the highest of quality. The bed was a Heavenly Westin bed -- very nice!
The place overall has a communist-era Russian feel where everything is just boxy with clean straight lines. Am I in college? Am I in jail? <I kept asking myself.> I finally settled on the idea that I was in a Russian Rehab Center!
BENEFITS: Shuttle service, free parking, hot breakfast, great shower, new fresh hotel, clean, nice lobby bar at the adjoining Aloft Hotel, SUPER GREEN HOTEL.
DRAWBACKS: Drab and dreary dorm-like guest room, prisonlike hallways leading to guest rooms, very utilitarian appearances, no tub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Element is Starwood's premiere extended stay hotel brand. Element Arundel Mills is located next to Arundel Mills Mall, minutes from BWI Airport & just a short drive into Baltimore and Washington DC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Element Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Element By Westin Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Element Hotel Arundel Mills