Element Arundel Mills
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport(Hanover)(Great Value!)
$107
$129
$107
Live! Lofts(Hanover)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenarundel millsaloft hotelfront desk staffbagelsshuttle servicebed was comfortableone bedroom suitefree breakfastone night stayinner harborpool tablegreat customer servicemaryland livebusiness centerfree shuttlebwi airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

This was my third stay here (always when flying into or out of BWI). First the good. Nice rooms. Good bathrooms. Comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Free (though mediocre) breakfast.

But this time I made the mistake of depending on their free shuttle service. And I learned that they really aren't trained to manage it a (confirmed by a senior employee there).

I checked in at 3:10 and said I'd like a ride to the mall as soon as I dropped my bags in my room (two vans were sitting outside). Also reserved a 5:15 shuttle the next morning for my flight. I was told they did a scheduled run at 3:30. When I came down at 3:25 o was told the ride would be a little late because they just left to pick someone up at the airport. 20 minutes later, still no van. Front desk staff was apologetic. Tried to be helpful. But had no idea what to do. Asked to see manager but manager was 'in a meeting' and couldn't be bothered to either see me or contact me later. Eventually an off duty person took pity and drove me over, but in the meantime people were queueing up waiting for a ride to the airport and folks waiting for pickup were being told 20 min when it would really be 40+. Staff didn't seem to have the power to just authorize folks to take a cab (at hotel's expense).

Second trip was pickup. Was actually picked up quickly (within 10 min). Next passengers asked to be taken to Wal-mart on the way, and shockingly the driver didn't drop me off first, but just took them there and waited for them. I'm sure he would have done something if I raised it, but I was shocked and didn't want to have to be the bad guy.

Got my wake-up call at 4:45. Confirmed shuttle scheduled for 5:15. Get a call at 4:50 that 'there is a problem' that someone else is booked for 5, so shuttle won't be back until 5:30. Rush to get down to find abandoned front desk. Lots of apologies when driver finds clerk. But apologies don't make up for poor service, poor training, inattentive management.

Very disappointing. Oh and every time something went wrong people offered me casino coupons. Really? How about paying for a taxi or taking a chunk off the room bill?

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Joseph K
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Joseph K,
Thank you for choosing Element Hotels. We're sorry to hear you had a less than pleasant experience with our hotel shuttle. This is not the level of service we want to provide our guests. We would love to speak with you personally regarding your experience. Please reach out to our General Manager, Dan, at dan.jasinski@aloftarundelmills.com.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Yes this front desk clerk is nasty, it seems like she treats folks nasty. My room was nasty too. The shower was cracked and it had stains on the sheets in my bed. There was also a hole in the floor on my room int he corner as if a mouse had been in my suite. My room smelled like someone cooked bacon prior to me coming. For this to have the Westin name attached to it, this hotel and location is horrible. This hotel needs to be checked and searched throughout each room because alof of the rooms are nasty and disgusting and I too had spider webs over my bed and the heating system clogs you up and it becomes to stuffy in the rooms when runnign the heat and the shower leaks water even while door is closed. They charged to much money for thee type of issues. The only thing good at this hotel was the breakfast and that's it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica L
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Jessica L,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay in Hanover. We're sorry to hear your room and your stay did not meet your expectations. We have forwarded your comments to our management team. Your comments are important to us as we strive to provide a great product and great service to each and every one of our guests. Thanks again and we hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Siyon was the worst front desk hotel clerk ever. For this hotel to be a high end hotel it gave the most horrible service. The bedrooms had spider webs in them, cracks in the shower, dust like powder stuff rubbing off on your feet while taking a shower. The rooms smelled like folks were cooking right before you checked in. They even have customer service desk clerks who stand around and don't know anything about the hotel itself. The breakfast was descent but that's the only thing. My whole stay was horrible. I would never go back to The Element at this location ever again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hotel C

Dear Hotel C,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay in Hanover. We're sorry to hear your room and your stay did not meet your expectations. We have forwarded your comments to our management team. We value your opinion as we strive to provide a great product and great service to each and every one of our guests. Thanks again and we hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed at the Element for one night on a business trip. It's a fairly new property and the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had a microwave and frig for those planning on staying a long time. The only major complaint I had was the sound baffling between rooms was poor because my neighbor's alarm came through loud and clear. A secondary issue was the black out shade in my room wasn't functioning, though that's probably just an anomaly of my room. Dinner and breakfast food was OK but serviceable. Overall, a good choice for a business trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Buddha700
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Buddha700,
Thank you for writing an online review and for choosing Element Hotels. We're glad you enjoyed the fully-equipped kitchens in the rooms. Thanks again for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed one night before going to FedEx Field for a game. Hotel is located in a safe area and offers free parking. We were pleasently surprised by the clean, modern, spacious room. Beds were VERY comfortable with plenty of pillows. Free shuttle service was convenient to go to Maryland Live casino which is a few blocks away. Full size refrigerator was nice to keep drinks cold. Breakfast was great as it included HOT eggs, sausage, and potatoes. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I will definately stay here again the next time I catch a game at FedEx field or a cruise out of the Baltimore Port.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SteveiG
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear SteveiG,
Thank you for choosing Aloft Hotels. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and enjoyed our modern guest rooms, convenient location to Maryland Live Casino, made-to-order breakfast options, and room amenities. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.