We arrived at 3pm on Friday, August 30 for our family reunion. The hotel looked ok although oddly shaped. I requested to be relocated to another floor because the room was next to the elevator. We had to wait for 30 minutes for another room. The sheets in the room were dirty so we had to wait for another 30 minutes to get them to clean the room. According to the website the hotel had a pool, what it didn't say is it was a shared pool with the adjacent/attached Aloft hotel. The pool was smaller then my own backyard pool, indoors and wasn't open until 5pm on Friday. With a family reunion, a family birthday party and a wedding booked the pool was crowded. The hotel told us there was a happy hour at 5-7pm so having been to the Aloft in NJ happy hour we decided to go to the bar until our family events began. We were immediately told by someone at the hotel that the happy hour buffet was only for the wedding group, we couldn't use the pool table and we could only sit in one section of the lobby. Later that evening a family member discovered they also had dirty sheets and were told no one was on duty for housekeeping so they slept four people in one bed, which was an unacceptable answer. When they complained and asked to speak with the manager they were told, he won't be in until 11am. On Saturday, we came down for breakfast the next day which we were told was until 10am. The staff started breaking down breakfast at 9:15am and when I asked if she would bring out the items that ran out, she told me no. After returning from a day out with my family, I showered for the evening events and discovered we were given towels with spots all over them, I called the front desk but never received clean towels, luckily I always travel with my own, just in case. Sunday morning was when I finally broke, I was walking down the hall and saw a used condom. Now I didn't blame the hotel for this, it's what happened afterwards that I blame them. When I came off the elevator, I immediately told the front desk that there was a used condom in the hallway in front of room 517. I then went to breakfast and when I came back up to my floor after breakfast to my amazement the condom was still there on the floor. This was now a hotel management issue because they were aware of the problem. I decided to see how long it would take the to clean this up, well...2 hours after I reported the issue, the condom was removed from the hallway. The Element/Aloft Ardunel Mills could meet many people expectations but the lack of management oversight, horrible housekeeping and poor customer service makes this hotel a disgrace to the chain. Westin hotels needs to place this hotel on probation to clean itself up and send everyone to a customer service and hospitality class or they will face declining bookings because of these issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Element is Starwood's premiere extended stay hotel brand. Element Arundel Mills is located next to Arundel Mills Mall, minutes from BWI Airport & just a short drive into Baltimore and Washington DC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Element Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Element By Westin Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Element Hotel Arundel Mills