“Excellent Service/Accommodations”

GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent Service/Accommodations”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our tour group (94 passengers, two Motorcoach's) stayed at the Element Inauguration weekend. Our expectations was to receive Excellent service and that we did receive. From the moment we arrived, the general manager and some of the staff came aboard both bus's to greet the group and welcome us to the hotel. Throughout the stay excellent service and accommodations was maintained. Upon our departure the general manager and Aloft assistant manager spoke with me (the tour coordinator) to solicit feedback and again extended their gratification for our stay. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are please to hear that you and your Tour Group enjoyed their stay! We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills/DC area, that we can serve you again! Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We came here with great expectations based on the reviews, photos, and reputation. However, our stay was terrible with the exception of a comfy bed and nice shower head. The first room had juice stains on the sheets. The second room has dirty dishes in the dishwasher and no silverware. The manager was very nice and apologetic but I can't let this slide without noting my disappointment. I doubt if I will come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills. Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our Westin inspired "Heavenly Beds," but we are disappointed that we did not put our best foot forward during your visit. We hope that our team was able to accommodate you and rectify the issues you experienced in a timely fashion. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.We hope to be able to serve your needs again should your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area. Happy Travels!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I do not often write reviews for hotels but my experience at the Element was remarkable. The room was immaculate, but it was the level of service that blew me away; the staff were exceptionally accommodating and bent over backwards to provide me with every luxury.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills!
Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay with us.We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit! We hope to be able to serve you again soon! Happy Travels!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I'm a Starwood regular but this was my first Element stay. There were so many good things about it but it could have been a better stay if staff had tried a little bit harder. Often I criticize a hotel for architectural things that aren't easy to change in old hotels. Here the design and layout were awesome but staff and care of the property were the problems.
I checked in about 3 pm and there wasn't much going on in the lobby, yet I got minimal attention from Jessica as she checked me in. I was not told of any hotel amenities- not the free breakfast (which I only learned of from Tripadvisor reviews) or offered any amenity for my Platinum status, nor was my status acknowledged. That isn't a big deal to me but I know it is to Starwood since their surveys constantly ask that question. Usually at the least I get a free bottle of water- there was no water in the room- free or otherwise. While searching for water I came across a cabinet and a drawer in the kitchen with someone else's left over food. Aside from possibly getting bugs it made me wonder how well they cleaned the room if they left so much food there. Aside from the food and really dirty windows I didn't feel like the room was dirty- it just showed a lot of wear. All surfaces seemed to have marks of some kind.
The highlight was the bathroom! I loved the shower! It was very large and very clean. The shower was a large walk-in with a big square showerhead and a handheld wand.
The kitchen was also very nice with a beautiful glass tile backsplash, full-size refridgerator, etc.
I had a one bedroom which had wood floors except in the bedroom (carpet) and bathroom. The desk faced the wall and I wanted to work facing the TV so I just rolled out the white table that was tucked against the wall at the entrance and made an L-shaped work area that was great. I needed another surface in the bedroom so I rolled a little ottoman over and put my suitcase on it. I loved that the furnishings were flexible.
I was asked if I wanted a higher or lower floor at check-in and was given a room on the 7th floor. Problem was that when I looked out the windows I just saw other hotel room windows. I asked for an exterior view and was moved to a room with a much better view on the 3rd floor.
The person checking me out in the morning was very friendly.
Oh and the lumpy bed - well, just check out the picture. I don't think the quality of the bedding qualifies it to be called a "Heavenly Bed" It is a far cry from the quality of a Westin Heavenly Bed.

Room Tip: If you like to have your blinds up you should ask for an exterior view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills!
Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, but please know that we look into every situation and use it as a learning tool. We also want to thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest Program. We hope that you will stay with us again soon so that we may wow you upon your return! Happy Travels!
Hollywood, Maryland
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was my first time staying at ELEMENT. I was pleasantly surprised. The decor is very modern. And the amenities were very nice. The location is very close to Arundel Mills for shopping and dining. A free shuttle is offered to Casino Live as well. Free breakfast is offered every morning or there are many chain restaurants close by. If you are a light sleeper or enjoy sleeping in the walls were a little thin for my taste. That is the only slightly negative thing I could think of about this property. Great experience. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills!
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit! We appreciate knowing that you were able to take advantage of our Complimentary Hot Breakfast and other amenities. We hope to be able to serve you again should your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area! Happy Travels!
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Another nice room in a great hotel. Very friendly staff, great location, easy parking, good coffee and fruit in the morning for breakfast. Nothing more to say, check it out for yourself...................... I will be back again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Andrew S
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills! Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope we will see you again soon! Happy Travels!
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was traveling by myself with my small dog, just staying the night to catch my next flight in the morning. If you read any of my posts, they are generally positive, so when I comment negative you know it is something that really stood out to me.
1. My biggest complaint was that their airport shuttle has to be arranged PRIOR TO your arrival. I waited for 30 minutes and eventually gave up and got a cab ($30) who took me to the wrong hotel. Other hotel was nice enough to take me. Upon check-in I was able to request it for the next morning no problem. Driver was really helpful and nice.
2. My second complaint is that there was not a hotel/local area guide. I enjoy reading these because I never remember all the info told to me at reception (breakfast hours, check out time, etc.). Also has local restaurants that deliver or are within walking distance.
3. I was surprised to see staff in polo shirts and khakis. I've never been in a hotel where the staff are so casually dressed. Staff were helpful--no complaints there, it just makes them look less credible I suppose.
4. My room was super clean and functional...couldn't ask for more! Since I was only staying overnight I didn't utilize the functional kitchen, but definitely would if staying longer. Large window for natural light. My only complaint about my room was that I was in a wheelchair accessible room, so no tub. Not a big deal at all except that the shower's water stopping liner did not work, so the whole bathroom floor flooded. Internet worked very well. Lots of cable channels.
5. If you have a car there are plenty of places in the area to eat. If not, there are delivery options available. I did not see vending machines, but there is a pantry by reception where you can buy snacks and drinks.

Room Tip: Pets are only allowed on 2 floors, so you can request a non-pet room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank stefanier918
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills! Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences. I am glad to hear that a majority of your stay with us was satisfactory. We thank you for choosing Starwood Hotels. We hope to serve you again soon!