Experience was good minus a couple of things.
Shuttle pickup from BWI was horrible. I ended up waiting an hour plus for them to turn up despite being told that the shuttle was on a schedule of twice an hour. Spoke to a very rude and abrupt lady at reception - no name. Was met at checkin by Jayquin who gave me 2000 Starwood Points & a couple of beers to placate me for having had to stand outside BWI for an hour.
Internet in room performed horribly. Staff tried their best to remedy & have subsequently spoken to GM (3 months associated with property) and they are looking into it. As this feature was misadverised they gave me 1 night free. Staff seem willing to help as much as they are able to do so but there does seem to be a little confusion about doing what it takes to ensure guests are taken care of.
This hotel is well located to shops (Arundel Mills) and they do not appear to mind taking you to.from the MARC/AMTRAK station as well as the Light Rail station near the BWI airport. The rooms are comfortable & clean. The laundry worked fine although the dispensing machine was broken.
They had no food service (I use the word food generously) on weekends despite having a guy there with a chef looking outfit on. Spoke to the new property manager; Jayquin who was less than 2 weeks on the job and she concurred that having staff there that was serving no purpose was silly and that it would be remedied.
If they can fix the Internet then I will go back purely based on location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloft Arundel Mills is just around the corner from Maryland Live! Casino, Arundel Mills Mall, and a short drive to Baltimore-Washington International Airport and Fort Meade. Our upbeat vibe is a fresh, forward-thinking alternative perfect for tech savvy and social travelers. This design hotel boasts an on-site lounge and an indoor heated pool. It is located 6 miles from Baltimore Washington International Airport and has free Wi-Fi access. Each contemporary room at the Aloft Arundel Mills features a 42-inch flat-screen TV and an iPod dock. They are decorated in bright blue accent colors, wood furnishings, and have large windows. Enjoy cocktails at the full-service W XYZ Bar or grab a snack from the on-site convenience store, Re:Fuel. Relax on the rooftop sun terrace or work out in the 24-hour fitness center at the Arundel Mills Aloft Hotel. A games room with billiards is available for guest entertainment. Arundel Mills Mall is just 10 minutes’ walk from the hotel. Baltimore city center is 14 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Aloft Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Aloft Hotel Arundel Mills