All reviews pool table arundel mills shuttle driver lobby area front desk staff business trip free shuttle indoor pool the maryland live casino enjoyed my stay bwi airport alofts mall ikea element mirror baltimore
Reviewed September 20, 2010

My husband called the hotel directly to book the hotel on the morning of our arrival. He was told his credit card would be charged in full for the 2 queen bed reservation and we received an email for the 2 queen bed reservation. He also told them it would be a late check in, and they said that would be no problem. We arrived at the hotel with our two young children around 11:00pm and were told there were no 2 queen rooms left. I felt sorry for the girl checking us (and many others) in because it seems that the person who caused all this turmoil had left others to deal with it. The two girls at the desk said that "someone" apparently booked many more queen rooms than they have, resulting in our (and others) frustration. I reluctantly agreed to a king room and said that I would need 2 rollaway beds, but of course, there were no rollaway beds left. She then offered 2 king rooms at a very good price which we took. The hotel itself is very nice, and the rooms were also. I loved the Bliss products in the bathroom. The front desk clerk was very accommodating, and completely understood our frustration so at least there is SOME good customer service at this hotel. If they got rid of the person who caused this booking mess I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
elementgm, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2010

Aloha,

Thank you for your review it very important to get feedback directly from our guests. I am so sorry that we did not have the room type you booked at check in. There were a multitude of factors that contributed to our room inventory being so short on that particular room type. We the management team has been working and will continue to work to ensure this sort of issue does not occur again. I am very sorry for the delay it caused you and the hassle it put on you and your family. I am happy to hear that our team was able to accommodate you with the two king rooms. I will make sure to pass along the appreciation for the effort they put forth. Once again I apologize and hope that we will see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

I'm in a job where I use the internet quite a bit so I always look for hotels with high speed internet connections. Aloft advertises High Speed Internet so I thought I would give it shot. Sadly, their "High Speed" is 512Kbps (0.5Mbps) shared with the entire hotel. You can't even watch a tv show from hulu on the lowest resolution setting without it stopping every few minutes to buffer.

The only other issue I had is that I took the advise of another poster and used the hotel shuttle to go to the Mall. When I called to get picked up, they didn't show up for 90, after a few phone calls I just ended up taking a taxi back to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
elementgm, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

Aloha,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Aloft Arundel Mills. I am so sorry to hear that we failed to deliver the type of product you expect and deserve. I have our chief engineer working with our internet provider to see what is going on with our connection speed. What you experienced is certainly not the norm and we will get the problem solved immediately. I am also working with our Front Desk and Shuttle drivers to ensure there is proper communication, therefore, so no one has to wait as long as you did to be picked up from the mall. Please accept my sincere apologies and know that I am working tirelessly to fix our deficiencies. I hope that you will give us another chance when you are in our area again.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

My wife and I just finished a weekend stay at the aloft near Arundel mills. IT WAS AWESOME! We have never stayed in an aloft before but had heard a lot of good things so we decided to give it a try. We are so happy we gave it a chance it was so much fun! We had a lot of interaction with the Front Desk staff who were all very friendly during our 2 night stay. We didn't go to the bar in the hotel but it looked really nice and was pretty busy so I am sure it is good. They have an interesing feel to the hotel we agree that it is very "trendy" but we really liked that part. They have a pool table in the lobby area which we enjoyed on saturday night. We had no issues with our reservation or our room. The hotel bath products were awesome! They are the Bliss brand which apparently you can buy (my wife looked it up). We will certainly be back and recommend all our friends to the aloft arundel mills. Thanks again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We travel a LOT both for Leisure and Business. I have heard nice things about Aloft but have never stayed there. We always stay at the Hampton Inn Arundel Mills when we are in this area but this time figured we would try something different since we were only going to be there 1 night.

First, we checked in and went to our room - it was 100 degrees outside and it was 80 degrees in our room - the air was COMPLETELY off, not just at a reasonable setting.

Second, when I walked into the bed area of the room, the sheets and blanket looked as if someone had already used the bed. Not sure, I asked the front desk to move us. She did without any problem - I will mention again later but this particular staff person was the ONLY highlight of the stay. Also, in this room, the TV didn't work.

Third, we went to the new room, much cooler, bed was neat, but again TV did not work. We are very electronically savy people so it was NOT us. I called the same girl at the front desk and she had the guy on duty to come fix it - he couldn't fix it but he and his co-worker did replace it with another tv so that when we came back from dinner with friends it would be working.

So after all of this, we finally get back "home" at midnight, everything seems fine, we are all 3 looking forward to sleeping in after a great night out with friends. When at 5:45 AM - the Fire Alarm goes off and we are woken up terrified because we have our 7 year old and 6 flights of stairs to evacuate. We all rushed to grab shoes and rushed out the door - only to find, the ONLY ROOM WITH THE FIRE ALARM GOING OFF WAS OURS!!!! I called the front desk, a not so friendly person answered and actually laughed when I told him what was happening. The person comes to fix the alarm and he literally could not get it to stop, he had to rip it out of the wall. And as he did, he shook his head and apoligized profusely. He said make sure to mention this when we check out because he understands that this is unacceptable.

So, when we went to check out, the nice girl (her name was Mocha) said that she was not going to check us out because we had been through so much in our short stay. She was very nice about it and must have said she was sorry about 5 or 6 times. I was hopeful that her manager would be just as understanding......

NOPE, the manager was supposed to call me and didn't. I called her the next morning only to be hung up on. I called right back and she was laughing as she answered the phone which was completely unprofessional. I explained that Mocha was going to speak with her about my situation and said she would call me and never did - she said she didn't have a number for me (although I am a Starwood member and my profile is updated with all my information). She NEVER apoligized, only said she could give me 1000 Starwood points and "call it even" ummmm not even acceptable. She then offered me a $20 refund which I still found unacceptable so I called the 800 customer service number where they did offer me another $20 refund.

My poing here is I did receive $40 refund but considering I slept there 5 hours and 45 minutes and had several things happen to us, a free nights stay was in order. More importantly everyone EXCEPT the manager was apoligetic and professional. Whomever does the hiring at this hotel needs to re-evaluate their choice.

MOCHA was THE absolute best customer service representative before and after our incidents.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
elementgm, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2010

Aloha,

I am so sorry to hear about all the issues you encountered during your stay. Obviously we want to make every one of our guests feel comfortable, at ease and be able to enjoy their sleep. Unfortunately as you stated you were disturbed very early and again I apologize for having to deal with that. I am not sure who you spoke with on our management team but I assure you that the treatment you received will not happen again. Being treated in the way you described as unprofessional is well below our standards for acceptable. Thank you for all of your input especially kinds words about our Talent member Mocha I will make sure to pass your kinds words along. I am so sorry for your ordeal and hope that one day you will give us another chance and we will be able to give you a much more pleasant stay.

Reviewed August 1, 2010

I stayed for one evening on business. The first thing I'll say is that the front desk staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. I arrived at 9am, expecting just to drop my bags, but the front desk had a room and put me into it right away. The room was clean, and neat. It had plenty of room to work, and the desk was in front of the window, so I could look out. That's always a nice touch as so many hotel desks face away from the outdoors. The beds were comfortable and the price was reasonable. The only negative was slow service in the lobby bar, and a cap'n and coke was $10. That's a little higher than necessary, even after taking into account a 'hotel upcharge'. Though, truthfully, it annoyed me only because it was so hard to get it in the first place. Service would have been 5 stars if I hadn't gone to the lobby bar.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business