All reviewspool tablearundel millsshuttle driverlobby areafront desk staffbusiness tripfree shuttleindoor poolthe maryland live casinoenjoyed my staybwi airportaloftsmallelementikeamirrormd
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I stayed for one evening on business. The first thing I'll say is that the front desk staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. I arrived at 9am, expecting just to drop my bags, but the front desk had a room and put me into it right away. The room was clean, and neat. It had plenty of room to work, and the desk was in front of the window, so I could look out. That's always a nice touch as so many hotel desks face away from the outdoors. The beds were comfortable and the price was reasonable. The only negative was slow service in the lobby bar, and a cap'n and coke was $10. That's a little higher than necessary, even after taking into account a 'hotel upcharge'. Though, truthfully, it annoyed me only because it was so hard to get it in the first place. Service would have been 5 stars if I hadn't gone to the lobby bar.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We stayed at the Aloft Arundel Hills this week and must say this hotel (and chain) is a refreshing new addition to the hotel industry. Aloft has turned a lot of the standards in the hotel business upside down, and we were pleasantly surprised by our stay.

Upon entering the lobby the first time, we were almost stunned by what we saw. A very eclectic style, with upbeat pop/dance music, cheery staff, and LOTS of color. There was a pool table in the lobby too which is odd for a typical Starwood hotel. Check-in was a breeze, and when we entered our room, we were equally as stunned. Not your typical hotel room, but rather a quasi NYC loft kind of space. Again, lots of cool soothing colors, retro furnishings, and a room layout which was more like a Kimpton hotel. Bathroom was cool, walk in shower with big glass door, rainfall showerhead, and shampoo/soap in a dispenser. Free bottled water and free wi-fi IN ROOM, were great! Ample space overall, with a lively vibe to the room.

Staff was very good and professional, always greeting guests with "ALOHA". Read some of the other reviews about how the lobby was busy on Fri/Sat nights. We didn't think was busy at all either nite, even with the posh WXYZ bar in full action.

Oh and they allow pets with no fee and no hassle. They even provide bowls, treats, and toys for the dogs.

Overall, loved the hotel and will definitely return to another ALOFT soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
elementgm, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

Aloha,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your first experience with the Aloft Vibe. We are so glad you chose us and can't wait until you return. Also you are right we love our four legged friends to be our guests as well. Thank you again and we can't wait to welcome you again with a warm Aloha.

Reviewed July 14, 2010

I am rarely dissapointed with this chain. The rooms are always cool with glass door showers, trendy furnishings. The Service was fine, and the locaiton is nice as well.
Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We just used this hotel as a stopover on our way home from a visit to D.C. It is only about 45 minutes from D.C. and close to BWI airport.
PROS: Convenient location close to the Arundel Mills Mall with tons of shopping and dining options. LOVED the layout of the room and the concept. Great price. Friendly staff. Free bottled water, nice coffee maker. The shower/toilet area has a pocket door, which makes so much sense in a small space. Nice in-room fridge.
CONS: Our first room smelled like cigarette smoke despite they are a non-smoking hotel (not the hotel's fault). We were given a new room that smelled better, but had a big wet spot in the carpet from a leaky a/c unit.
Despite that, I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is a great value. We liked it even better than our hotel in Arlington, the Westin, the more expensive counterpart to the aLoft.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I love this place! This hotel is one of the new, hip generation of hotels catering to road warriors and occassional travelers alike. They skimp on some services (restaurant, in-room coffee, plastice cups), to keep rates down, otherwise this hotel would be rated much higher. There are several chain type as well as independent restaurants in the area. Several deliver.

The staff, particularly the bar (Christine makes everyone feel right at home) and the front desk staff go above and beyond to assure a great stay. I had a maintenance problem that I notcied at 6:45 a.m. and one call to the front desk, and the hotel engineer was in my room and fixed the problem! That doesn't happen in most places. I highly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
elementgm, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2010

Aloha and thank you for your great review of our hotel. It is so wonderful to hear that you have enjoyed your past stays with us. We certainly want to create a fun comfortable Vibe for you to come back to time and time again. Next time you are in please ask Kristine about our WXYZ food menu we are working hard to continue to improve what we offer to all our guests during thier stay. We can't wait for you to come through the door and welcome you again with a warm Aloha!