We stayed at the Aloft for two nights to attend a family wedding in Baltimore. We have a 14 month old child and found it difficult to find things we needed to make it a good stay. First the rooms were small- we ended up getting 2 adjoining rooms and leaving the door open because the room was too small to accomodate our pack and play and allow us to move about the room. There are no bathtubs. The sinks are a contemporary stylye and TINY: a bath in the sink was not possible. The food selection in the lobby is poor and you pay for everything, including a cup of coffee. There is a large mall across the street which could be entertaining if that interests you but the restaraunt choices in the area are very unhealthy- fast food. There is a very nice supermarket very close and that was a lifesaver but the minifridge in the room didnt work which i realized after keeping a half gallon of milk for bottles in overnight only to find it warm in the morning.
It is a 20-30 min drive to Baltimore, further than we thought.
The pool is very nice and fitness center is nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful. However, at the end of a day of feeling that most basic daily acitivities for the family (eating, finding child appropriate entertainment, and bathing) were a huge struggle, my husband and i decided to rent a movie after our son went to bed. There are no movies available through the cable service at the hotel.
This hotel is an affordable and fine option for a business traveler but not good for families with young children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloft Arundel Mills is just around the corner from Maryland Live! Casino, Arundel Mills Mall, and a short drive to Baltimore-Washington International Airport and Fort Meade. Our upbeat vibe is a fresh, forward-thinking alternative perfect for tech savvy and social travelers. This design hotel boasts an on-site lounge and an indoor heated pool. It is located 6 miles from Baltimore Washington International Airport and has free Wi-Fi access. Each contemporary room at the Aloft Arundel Mills features a 42-inch flat-screen TV and an iPod dock. They are decorated in bright blue accent colors, wood furnishings, and have large windows. Enjoy cocktails at the full-service W XYZ Bar or grab a snack from the on-site convenience store, Re:Fuel. Relax on the rooftop sun terrace or work out in the 24-hour fitness center at the Arundel Mills Aloft Hotel. A games room with billiards is available for guest entertainment. Arundel Mills Mall is just 10 minutes’ walk from the hotel. Baltimore city center is 14 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Aloft Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Aloft Hotel Arundel Mills