“Enjoyable stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Lauderdale
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Aloft Arundel Mills was very comfortable stay when I'm away I always like to feel at home Aloft Arundel Mill staff very welcoming . I will recommend to my friends & family. Also need to mention Asst gen manager Kevin Chenosky Who reaches out & makes sure my stay was most comfortable or any concerns . I recommend aloft arundel mills thank you again for my comfortable welcoming stay!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed July 30, 2014

If you are looking for old world grand style this is not the hotel for you. Think modernism meets green meets efficiency. Now before you go 'ugh', I really liked this hotel but I did not have any expectations. You walk in and as with most hotels these days, you are greeted with the option of lemon, orange or cucumber (depending on the day) 'chilled' water and just inside the door, Rover has his own kibble and H2O as well. Concrete floors covered with area rugs, industrial designed seating area that is actually suprisingly very condusive to meeting and conversations. There is a bar called WXYZ and a pool table. The lobby is very small in comparison to your larger hotel lobbies, but it was efficient. I would say 'efficient' is the word I would most use to describe this hotel. The hotel room was tiny but 'efficient'. There was a place for everything. The beds as mentioned in previous reviews are very very firm. It was almost like sleeping on a futon mattress. By the second night I didn't have any problem sleeping but I could see how some folks might have an issue adjusting. My partner in crime, who is not a small person by any means, did okay with the room and the bed suprisingly. I would have thought he would have been the one to complain. He didn't. He did find a cobweb though but truthfully it was in a place that I would not have looked for a cobweb. He's just that kinda guy. The covered swimming pool was a nice touch. So... if you are looking to spend a week in this hotel, I would say... no. If you are looking for a place to stay for the weekend and understand the concept of it, you will be fine. The staff was wonderful...from the front desk to housekeeping. I will admit, during certain times of the day the front desk could have added an additional person especially since they were booked with a church group and a family reunion or perhaps a weekend concierge might be the solution. Would I go back? Yes, absolutely - too bad it isn't closer to BWI. BTW - the shuttle will drop you anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel. Maryland Live saw my duckets and kept them too :-p!

Room Tip: I was on the higher floors (5-7) in the middle 'odd' side of the floor. Didn't hear ele...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank prycehudson
Kevin C, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a descriptive and nice review! Your feedback will help us get better, we appreciate you staying with us, and hope to see you again!

Kevin
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My first impression of a hotel is attitude of the person checking me in.Lisa was very busy that day checking in a church conference and a family reunion plus the regular guest. I watched this girl not get frustrated and remained friendly and courteous.When it was my turn she was very professional and gave me the same smile and stellar service that is worthy of a 5 star hotel. Everyone in management should thank Lisa for being the first face of Aloft...AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE! :-) Thank you Lisa!

• Stayed July 2014
Kevin C, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your review - we will definitely recognize Lisa - she is a great associate, and we are truly fortunate to have her on the team!

Kevin
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I didn't have any problems with this stay. The service checking in was easy and friendly. The beds were clean and comfortable which is important and everything in the room worked fine. However the request for extra pillows was never received and we had to go down hours later for them. We had to pick up my sister from the airport and we used the shuttle to do so, the driver did seem very annoyed with his job. I'll definitely stay here again I could have been there on an off day, I had a good weekend so other than that everything was fine.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
San Antonio
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay because of the friendly staff. We were greeted with a smile when we walked in and were thrilled that we could check into our room before noon.
The room was clean and well equipped and the housekeeping staff was very accommodating when we asked for extra towels.
The shuttle bus was a great way to get to and from the casino and both of the shuttle bus drivers were extremely helpful courteous.

Connie and Charlie

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed July 24, 2014

They left us standing at the airport for over two hours waiting for their shuttle. They double charged our credit card. When we complained the employee reply was, "Bad things happen in three's so you better watch out for what is next" no joke. That is a direct quote from a staff member. There are many other options in that area. I would choose another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Bruce M,
Thank you for your review. It’s certainly important to our team to deliver exceptional service, and we sincerely apologize this was not your experience as what you did experience is very rare for our hotel. What you described is unacceptable, and we will discuss your comments with our team to ensure guest experience is improved in the future. We hope you will give us another chance to make this experience up to you. Take care.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I just wanted to thank Jimmy C for his great customer service during my surprise stay-cation that my friend planned for my birthday! We stayed at the hotel on July 2nd to start my birthday celebrations promptly at midnight :-) Jimmy C was the shuttle driver that evening and went above and beyond his duties driving us around! The hotel was great, nice atmosphere, great rooms, and perfect location for a quick mini stay-cation!

Thank you for an awesome experience Jimmy C you made our day!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Linette C,
Happy belated birthday! We are thrilled you spent your special day celebrating with us and we are happy we made it memorable. We will congratulate Jimmy C on his outstanding service to make your stay the best, and we hope you return for another stay-cation soon! All the best.