“Wonderful experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were in the area for a lacrosse tournament. I booked 20 rooms at this hotel. The rooms were great and the staff were wonderful to work with. We had an issue with our toilet. I called down to the front desk and within 15 minutes someone was at our door and it was fixed immediately. The lobby was a great place for our parents to relax together and socialize.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Karen M, Starood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Cindy_Q49232,
We're happy to hear the lacrosse team enjoyed their stay in Hanover. Thank you for choosing Aloft Hotels and we look forward to hosting you all again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent the night before an early flight here. We live south of DC and figured why fight the traffic on a Monday morning when you can stay Sunday night. I attempted to book a 7 day park and fly package online but was unable. I called the hotel who and the gentleman informed me to book the regular room because "we don't tow." So I did it. I arrived at the hotel a few hours later, parked my car in garage. Front desk did not issue a parking pass, windshield hang tag, nothing. So I parked and went to sleep. Room was decent. Hotel is within walking distance of The Greene Turtle which has decent food and excellent bar specials. We checked out in the morning. Shuttle ran behind. Shuttle wait was long at pickup when we returned as well. Called twice to check status. Luckily my car was still there when we returned because again "oh don't worry we don't tow." Hotel is interesting but not sure I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear AZRamblinMan,
Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay in Hanover. We're sorry to hear you had trouble booking our Parking package, but glad to hear our team was able to help you out. Thank you for sharing and we hope this visit does not deter your from staying with us again.
Norwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have stayed here for 6 weeks straight now, and almost every week I am more disappointed then the previous. I honestly have never complained about a hotel before, but some of the small things here are ridiculous. Monday night this week I showered and the soap fell onto the drain, so obviously I am not reusing it and threw it in the trash. Next day when I come back, the SAME SOAP was taken from the trash and put on the sink! How hard is it to put a new bar in and god forbid not take it out of the trash! This morning I left the card on my bed to change the sheets, but I came back to find the same exact sheets on the bed since I had intentionally left clothes under the originals. I could also tell because there was hair in them!
Finally, the final night I was laying in bed watching TV around 930 when my door opens and two people try to walk in, except the door-stopper was on. How and why did they get a key to my room?! I am so disappointed with the Aloft I will never stay there again, and will be sure to recommend the same to my colleagues.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Karen M, Starwood hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Tyler P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay in Hanover. We're sorry to hear your visit did not meet your expectations. We would like to speak with you personally about your stay. Please reach out to our Assistant General Manager, Jarrod, at jmanna@ltdhospitality.com. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
US
Reviewed November 11, 2013

As always, it was a good stay, it was booking the room on Hotels.com that was not so pleasant as they charged me two different prices. An phone price and a internet price and it was like pulling teeth to cancel one of the reservations. Getting to the room after that fiasco, it was great to know I was comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Kira_Kai,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay in Hanover. We're happy to hear you had a comfortable stay and hope to see you again soon.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I hadn't read any of the negative reviews, but I came back here in October of 2013 after a wonderful stay in June of 2010 before I was using yelp. This time, we had our wedding party stay here and the rooms were priced reasonably and it was a good location relative to Annapolis and the town we had our reception in.

The hotel itself, along with the Element hotel it's attached to is a modern, well appointed hotel. The Aloft are all suites which include full size fridges, furniture, flat screen TVs, free wifi, and even a nice little happy hour with free appetizers and free or very cheap wine and beer and a nice breakfast buffet in the morning. The service was adequate, our first night was questionable, but never had a problem the remainder of the stay. The gym and courtyard are nice- even had a fire pit; the pool is very tiny.

Ultimately, it's clean, it's modern, it's a good place to unwind, it's close to area restaurants, mall and casino and is very close to the airport and a quick drive to nicer towns like Annapolis. I say enjoy your stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Danma11,
Thank you for your honest review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that your guests enjoyed their time at the Aloft and Element. The free breakfast and evening reception are perks at the Element Hotel. At Aloft, we provide made-to-order breakfast options at an additional fee and small bites and signature cocktails for you to order at W XYZ . Otherwise, we're happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location to the mall, casino, and airport. We look forward to you returning in the future.
Crofton, Maryland, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I went here the night of our wedding for a lay over while we waited for our flight the next day. The staff was unprofessional - had a smart attitude and did not want to assist us in getting food. The lines were messed up in the hotel so we could not order room service. Not to mention that we asked for any local recommendations and they told us to come down and get the menu's....
The room was nothing as it appeared on line the furniture looked like it was misplaced or maybe just not properly disigned. As soon as you come in the door there is a refrigerator in the bathroom - it looked awkward...oh and there was duck tape up around a ceiling lamp and there were water spots on the ceiling in the bathroom this was definetly not the worst but not worth the money that was paid.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This property boasts a very modern design in the building, common areas, and guest rooms. Upon arrival, you’ll notice a well kept vibrant exterior which houses an urban lobby and bar area. The design of this property seems to promote relaxation. The guest services representatives behind a round front desk checked me in with speed and efficiency, although they weren’t the most personable. The gentlemen checking me in barely said hello and had more interest in carrying on a conversation with his coworker. In the lobby you’ll find a very modern bar offering a nice selection of beer and mixed drinks. Two tablet style computers are located adjacent to the front desk and are a nice convenience to guests travelling without their own. Although I didn’t have a chance to use the pool, I did notice that it too boasted a very modern design and looked to be very clean. The gym continues the modern look with bright lighting and carpeting and a nice selection of clean equipment. After looking around the property I then went up to my room. The guest rooms offer a nice use of space and are well appointed with modern amenities and designs. Blues and natural woods adorn the room with silvers and glass in the bathrooms. Upon entering the room you’ll notice the bathroom off to your right with a sliding door to the toilet and glass enclosed standup shower. I’m a big fan of water conservation but the shower heads in this hotel seem to be ultra water saving units as the water flow was minimal. I did like that the shower was equipped with stocked shampoo and body wash dispensers. The sink and vanity area was bright and offered a nice tile floor that also lead into the bathroom. Continuing into the room you’ll find a platform style bed. Those not used to firmer mattresses might need to get used to this style of bed. Unlike some other reviews I did not find any signs of bed bugs in this room. All of the rooms offer tall ceilings which give a sense that the room is slightly larger. A large flat screen TV adorns the wall in front of the bed and offered a decent channel selection. There are also input jacks that allow you to connect a DVD player or the like to the TV. Two cordless phones are in the room as well as hardwired and wireless internet. Unfortunately I was not able to utilize WIFI because I had no signal in my room, but the wired connection worked flawlessly. This should be addressed as most devices on the market no longer have network jacks. As far as sleep went, I got it the first night after getting used to a constant sound of running water seemingly coming from the ceiling in my bathroom. The second night however, I did not sleep. I heard people talking and laughing in the rooms above me and next door. Because they were not being extremely loud, I did not call the front desk. Overall, the stay was ok. Price point was inline with what was offered and was competitive to the area. Security wasn’t an issue either with this hotel as a key card is required to access any entry doors other than the main entrance.

Room Tip: Light sleeper? Try asking for a room on a floor that doesn’t have a lot of people staying on it.