“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Hanover
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hip hotel right by mall, grocer, and food! Staff was great to work with especially Tony. It was just my daughter and I so the room was great and my daughter loved how "fashionable" it was. They do have a shuttle which was wonderful! Will stay at an Aloft hotel again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Ashley A,
We really appreciate your comments, thanks for sharing! We're delighted that you and your daughter enjoyed your experience at Aloft - even noting our "fashionable" decor. We'll be sure to share your comments with Tony! We hope you'll come back to see us when you're next in Hanover.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Want to see a hotel that has everything going for it, except the apathetic staff? Welcome to Aurndel mills.

Call the front desk staff -- no power to make decisions, no phone numbers for managers, no clue how to call the corporate office and they run the entire hotel with no management until 2PM. Leave a message for a manager. Who cares? they won't call.

Stay at the element next door -- far better experience.

I will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Walls are paper thin -- request a location at the end of the halls
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank a11424
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear a11424,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. Great customer service is very important to us and we would like to make this experience up to you. Please contact me at pahmed@ltdhospitality.com to discuss your stay further. We sincerely hope the rest of your visit in Hanover was a good one.
D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great hotel and part of the Starwood family! However, if there are available rooms next door at Element, stay there. This holds particularly true if you are traveling with others in your party.

Everything about Aloft is wonderful (rooms, beds, service, lobby amenities) except one: The bathroom is separated by a sliding wood "pocket" door from the bedroom area. The door does not lock, nor does it seal at the top, bottom and sides like a typical bathroom door would. This can lead to some *ahem* interesting situations, unless you are by yourself in the room.

I have stayed at different Alofts by myself, with my father-in-law and with my wife. I would only stay at one again if it was (a) the only option available or (b) I was traveling alone. Again, they are GREAT hotels for traveling alone!

Also, this location, much like Element next door has a complimentary shuttle to Arundel Mills Mall and Maryland Live! Casino.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with others, stay next door at Element. If you are traveling alone, this is the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank cvwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a reasonable rate & decent rooms---this works just fine. If you are looking for plush accommodations---no. The hallways needed sweeping and the furniture in the lobby seemed a bit "tired". The bar in the lobby made a FABULOUS Cosmopolitan and the service at check in was very good. Anyone working the front desk during the entire weekend was very helpful and polite.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Pesmith929,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Aloft Arundel Mills. We are delighted that you enjoyed our service and w xyz bar during your stay. We hope you'll come back to see us - and enjoy our Cosmopolitan - on your next trip to Hanover.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Upon entering the lobby, I was warmly greeted and received requested information. From there, it was downhill from there. Internet code never worked. Front desk phone was constantly busy. When I needed anything, I had to go downstairs to the lobby. The bed and pillows are the worst. I finally gave up trying to sleep and got up at 3:45am. As I am reading the paper sitting on the bed, I noticed a medium sized insect walking across the bed.
Needless to say, I won't be back

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear JMWtrave,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We clearly did not meet or exceed your expectations. Please contact me at pahmed@ltdhospitality.com to discuss your experience further. We sincerely hope the rest of your stay in Hanover was a good one.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My group of Friends and I every 90days do a Couples retreat. Our First one of 2013 was 3 months ago. We had a FABULOUS time.. We met Dominique C at the Front Desk and she was amazing in making sure that any issues and everything we needed was taken care of. Unfortunaly Dominiqe was off this past weekend and out stay was not good at all.. Lobby Music was way to loud at night, Front Desk Female was not at all as professional and pleasent as Dominique.. She was EXTREMELY loud. We had a great time but I think all new front desk agents should be trained by the same person to ensure a quality experience EVERYTIME..

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Dropeland,
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Hanover. We are sorry that we did not exceed your expectations this time around. Your review will be shared at our next team meeting. We hope you’ll come back to see us on your next couples retreat so that we can make this experience up to you.
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel advertises a 24 hour shuttle service. Six people were left stranded by the Hotel's shuttle service at 1:40am. Dont stay at this hotel if you need shuttle service. I had to call SPG customer service to get resolution because no one from the hotel called me to explain. A manager on duty Jose promised to call me but he did not despite my leaving my cell pphone number with him. Service is unacceptable.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear KimB,
We are so sorry that you experienced difficulties with our shuttle service. Our team has implemented an action plan to ensure that we are delivering quality customer service. We have replaced our shuttle phones, ordered new, larger vans and ensured that we have double coverage during the late night hours. We would like to make this experience up to you if you would give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me at pahmed@ltdhospitality.com to discuss this further. Take care!