After only my third day as I was trying to fall asleep on the hard and lumpy bed I felt something fall on to me. Lo and behold there were several, what I found out later, stink bugs all atop my pillows, headboard and desk. I immediately contacted the front desk to ask for a room change. When I told the desk what had happened I didn't get an apology or an ounce of care or concern. The woman only said, I only have a room on the 1st floor. What do I care what floor it's on as long as it didn't have bugs in it. Almost immediately a maintenance man (who was by far the best staff member that hotel has) came to my room, I didn't have a moment to even put clothes on, and I was rushed into packing all my stuff which I was not prepared to do. I was in the area for 2 weeks so I had a lot of things including food in the tiny, inadequate fridge. I was so rushed and that was unacceptable. Not to mention that the room were poorly cleaned. I was then barely helped with all of my stuff to the new room. I couldn't sleep at all as it was by then after 11 and I had to be up at 6am, but all I kept doing was waking up and checking if there were bugs around. I looked up the stink bug online and found that they hibernate when it's cold, so I'm assuming that they had been there for quite sometime and the use of the heater awoke them so I avoided putting the heat on the new room for fear there were more and it was very cold out -in the 20s! This room was also poorly cleaned and the lotion that they give you had clearly been used and was almost empty, I don't want to use lotion that someone else has used! The main light in the room also didn't work and the fridge made an awful noise day and night. The staff at the front desk were hit or miss, some were pleasant enough but mostly just obviously uncaring. I heard inappropriate conversations for the work place, watched the staff text and talk on the phone with people who most likely were their friends while guests waited to be served. I watched them eat their take-out Chinese food in front of guests. The kitchen area was really dirty and I would never eat the food they serve because of how dirty the area was. Overall, I would not reccomend this hotel and will never stay here again. I thought this would be a nice hotel because if its association with Starwood, but this is so far from the Starwood model and class of hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloft Arundel Mills is just around the corner from Maryland Live! Casino, Arundel Mills Mall, and a short drive to Baltimore-Washington International Airport and Fort Meade. Our upbeat vibe is a fresh, forward-thinking alternative perfect for tech savvy and social travelers. This design hotel boasts an on-site lounge and an indoor heated pool. It is located 6 miles from Baltimore Washington International Airport and has free Wi-Fi access. Each contemporary room at the Aloft Arundel Mills features a 42-inch flat-screen TV and an iPod dock. They are decorated in bright blue accent colors, wood furnishings, and have large windows. Enjoy cocktails at the full-service W XYZ Bar or grab a snack from the on-site convenience store, Re:Fuel. Relax on the rooftop sun terrace or work out in the 24-hour fitness center at the Arundel Mills Aloft Hotel. A games room with billiards is available for guest entertainment. Arundel Mills Mall is just 10 minutes’ walk from the hotel. Baltimore city center is 14 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Aloft Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Aloft Hotel Arundel Mills