“Trendy and fun, but a bit overpriced!”

Aloft Arundel Mills
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We checked in to Aloft on Wednesday for a one night stay. The vibe here was young and hip, and the guest service was amazing! The room was cool, and we appreciated the high-tech gadgets! All of the employees were extremely friendly and quick to help! The only things I didn't like was that there was no soda machine (and gatorades in the lobby were $5!) and that we couldn't get a place on the pool table because it was full of people who I assume were not guests, just bar patrons (I wouldn't mind if there was some sort of guests come first policy!)
All in all, I would most likely stay here again, but I would bring my own drinks!

• Stayed: January 2013
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave.
I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that we were able to serve you as your home away from home!!

Yours in service

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visited the Aloft for one night at the casino with our dog. Check in was very easy and friendly, no issues with the dog. The 24 hour shuttle to the casino was very useful and easy to use. Overall a nice experience.

Yours in service

Reviewed January 23, 2013

So, my wife and I recently stayed at the aloft in Arundel Mills and, well, we won't be coming back any time soon. Maybe if every other hotel in the area was booked... but then we'd probably just avoid the area.

This was our first experience staying at an aloft (basically a toned down W) and we were looking forward to it. When we walked in the front door, we saw a sign (and bowls) announcing pets were welcome - and though we didn't have our dogs with us, we took it as a good sign.

Until we tried to check in.

By my watch, despite there being only two people ahead of me, it took 18 minutes. That's a crazy time to wait. The lady at the checkin counter was apologetic but, wow, that is just ridiculous. Worse were the number of staff people who would walk by and see us standing there and...do nothing (except for one woman who said she was sorry but didn't know how to use the reservation system).

Finally, a gentlemen showed up to check us in. No 'sorry for the wait'. No "thanks for being a platinum member'. Nothing. Just, "can i have your id and credit card"

At that point I was so annoyed I told him to cancel my reservations. Unfortunately, I had prepaid in advance so, being stuck with the bill either way, we stayed.

The woman who had been working the counter was very apologetic and offered us a drink or appetizer but at that point, well, it really didn't matter. I don't even think it was her fault: maybe she wasn't trained, maybe we came during a staff shift, but whatever the case, it was so ridiculous, unhospitable and off putting an experience that it made me question why I don't switch my business to Marriott.

The room was okay. Kinda of W meets Ikea. Amneties are very weak, especially the hair dryer (my wife said that it was useless). If you are a woman or traveling with a woman, don't expect things like q-tips, etc that you'd find elsewhere and bring your own hair dryer. Also, bring ear plugs, when the heating unit kicks on at night it is REALLY LOUD.

All in all, one of the worst experiences with a Starwood property I've ever had and the first and last time I will stay at an aloft.

1  Thank GJK11

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for the poor service you received. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests.

I do hope that you do not allow this incident by our hotel to serve as the
ultimate reflection on us. We do not want to lose you as our customer and would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can restore your faith that we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal
Touch!

Yours In Service

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I got cheated I ordered a regular beer and got a light beer. The view of the hotel is great ,the people here are very nice and the game is great to watch here.Came to the Aloft to drink and have fun watching the ravens.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

I apologize about the situation with the beer I’m sure it was a slight oversight and had you brought it to the attention of the bartender they would have made sure you where compensated. I’m so glad we were able to foster a happy environment for you to enjoy the game. Just so you know we are having a huge super bowl party on Feb 3, 2013 , I would love for you to be there to celebrate the RAVENS WIN !!!

Touch!

Yours In Service ,

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had a great time just being in the hotel itself aside from all the other amenities. The bar/lobby was awesome and the staff was great! I would definitely stay again and I would recommend it to my friends!

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Valued Guest ,

I am so honored to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again soon!
Yours In Service ,

Reviewed January 18, 2013

When visiting my parents back home, this is the only hotel I choose to stay at. It is really close to my parent's house, but also in close vicinity to the Arundel Mills Mall and BWI Airport. There are also really great restaurants in the area. The hotel provides shuttle service to the Airport and that can be really helpful for someone who is here without a car. The employees at the front desk are all friendly and willing to help. Always a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Your feedback is very valuable to us. I am honored to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home. I hope when you are in the area again you come back that we may serve you again! We truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal touch!

Yours In Service
Harry H Hawkins III

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I only stayed 2 nights at the Aloft and I loved it. I never been to a hotel like this, I love the modern feeling of the whole building. I stopped by the WXYZ bar both nights and the bartender CHRISTIAN was great. I was suprised that a hotel bar got so busy. The food on the menu at the bar was pretty good too. Christian suggested the asian chicken wrap with the spicy mayo...I wanted to take a dozen home with me.

The rooms were very nice and clean. I enjoyed my stay and will return when I get a chance.

Thanks for a job well done

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo