“Excellent indoor pool & clean rooms”

Aloft Arundel Mills
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 1, 2013

New Years Eve 2012

The good -
excellent indoor pool
cool lounge room for both adults and kids
free and fast wi-fi
despite the negative reviews others wrote, our room was very clean!

The bad -
customer service needs to be worked on. my kids didn't get the cool kids stuff that is promised on the website. If the company is promoting a kid-friendly hotel, then the staff should be kid-friendly. The asian lady at the front desk last night was disgustingly rude when I asked her about it. And gave attitude when I asked her for our breakfast vouchers. She rolled her eyes and was very unprofessional.

Luckily the morning staff during check out was nicer than her!

Overall, it was a nice overnight stay!

• Stayed: December 2012
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for the poor service you received. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests. If you could please send me an email at Hhawkins@ltdhospitality.com so I can research the employee you are speaking of and hold them accountable because that is not something that we accept or tolerate.

I do hope that you do not allow this incident by our hotel to serve as the
ultimate reflection on us. We do not want to loose you as our customer and would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can restore your faith that we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal

Yours in Service

There are newer reviews for Aloft Arundel Mills

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was my first visit to the Aloft Arundel Mills. My wife and I were looking for a pet friendly hotel so we could go to Maryland Live Casino for New Year’s Eve. According to their web site, they are pet friendly and have a program called ARF. This program promises a bed, bowl(s), treats and toys. When we made our reservation we called the hotel to make sure that they knew that we had two dogs and wanted to make sure there wasn’t a problem with that. They said that was fine. When we arrived there were no pet items available, but we were told they would have to bring them to the room. When the pet supplies were delivered, they only had one bed, one bowl and one bag of dog food (no treats or toys). I told the young man who brought them up that we had two dogs. He said that was all he could find, but he would continue to look for more, he never came back.

When we arrived at the hotel, there was a line of six people waiting to check-in and three people were working one (occasionally two) of the three computers at the check-in desk. I realize that at certain times things get busy and backed up, but staffing should be increased for these peak times. All of the people working the desk were very friendly and apologetic, but it was still a slow process.

We requested a double queen bedroom since it was a little larger than the king. We had plenty of room for us and our two dogs (one medium, one small). We even had room for the large crate that we brought to keep them in while we were gone. The room was clean and comfortable, although we found that the safe in the room didn’t work and there was a coffee making station in the wardrobe area that had an electrical box which was missing the receptacle (coffee maker had to be moved to the sink).

The hotel has a five mile (free) shuttle service available 24/7, which we found to be very helpful, since we were going out on New Year's Eve and didn't really want to drive.

Since we were only staying one night we felt that the services and accommodations were adequate, however if I were planning a longer stay I would expect more from a hotel of this caliber and price range.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for the services you received. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.

touch because we care !

Yours In Hospitality ,

Reviewed December 28, 2012

just completed a stay at aloft arundel mills. ever since md live opened i have wanted spend the evening at the casino and stay nearby so i did not have to drive home late at night. everything about the hotel was perfect. the vibe was great. it was so nice to have the shuttle take you and pick you up from md. live. the room was perfect and the shower actually had good water pressure which is rare in most hotels now. every staff i came in contact was very friendly. but i would like to commend christian the bartender at xyz bar. i really liked that bar had good music and a good vibe. plus christian made the bar fun. this will not be my last trip to aloft.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave .

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out how we can continue to best serve you. I am honored to hear that your enjoyed our shuttle and our close proximity to the casino. We would be delighted to host you again when your in the area. We truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal
touch because we care !

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel was wonderful, I really enjoyed the rooms an the great customer service, Harry Hawkins treated us well an was the best hotel manager, He made sure we had everything we needed, I will be staying here every time i come.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills.It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and I am pleased to hear that we lived up to our goal in providing such service for you !

I am very pleased that I was able to meet you expectation and I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal touch because we care !

Yours In Hospitality ,

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I've been staying at the aloft in Hanover, MD for the last two or three years. At first, the hotel was hip and fun. The rooms had an industrial urban feel. The lobby/bar area was nicely furnished with trendy designs and colors. The staff was upbeat and friendly. Notice everything was past tense.

I stayed there on December 19th. I was supposed to stay there until the 22nd, but the room and experience was so bad, I called SPG and changed my reservation to another hotel (Sheraton Columbia Town Center...which I do recommend). The room at the aloft was cold and dirty. The one wall looked as if someone threw dog poop on the wall and it had been left there to dry and stain the wall. The shades were difficult to use. The bed was lumpy and pillows were too skimpy to provide any support. The shower gel was leaking from the dispenser. I couldn't get the heating comfortable in the room...far too cold. And the TV would unexpectedly turn off. The lobby/bar furniture was really showing excessive wear. The staff was still friendly, but seemed either powerless or uneducated as to the hotel or amenities.

With the new casino across the street, this hotel could be packed and vibrant. Instead, it looks to me like they have given up trying.

I do have to praise the shuttle driver working the morning/day shift.

I won't be staying at this aloft anymore. I'll give the aloft BWI another try before giving up on the brand entirely.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

To our valued guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for the issues you encountered . It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.

Yours In Service ,

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was able to check in at a fast pace, the room I stayed in was very clean as always and some what sound proof. I simple love aloft hotels and this location, but I would like more movie options for the television selection!

Room Tip: Rooms are sound proof and have great views from the window
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave.

Your feedback is very valuable to us as we can learn the best ways to serve you better. We would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can continue to appreciate you and show you excellent service with a caring heart and a personal touch!

Hotel Manager for Aloft Hotel

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The rooms are large and spacious with really high ceilings and a cool Ikea-like modern feel. The showers are nice and large and well appointed, as is the bathroom in general. The bed was ok, though not fantastic. The TV was new and sharp and the internet was fast. The included quick breakfast was also ok, though nothing special. the hotel bills itself as great for travelers, but it falls a little short on amenities. The front desk was generally unhelpful and not especially professional. There is a modern bar in the lobby that gets happy hour visitors from outside the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for the “unhelpful” service you received at the front desk. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.
Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests. I am pleased to hear that you did enjoy the accommodations, like the shower and the spacious clean room.

Aloft Hotel Manager