I've been staying at the aloft in Hanover, MD for the last two or three years. At first, the hotel was hip and fun. The rooms had an industrial urban feel. The lobby/bar area was nicely furnished with trendy designs and colors. The staff was upbeat and friendly. Notice everything was past tense.
I stayed there on December 19th. I was supposed to stay there until the 22nd, but the room and experience was so bad, I called SPG and changed my reservation to another hotel (Sheraton Columbia Town Center...which I do recommend). The room at the aloft was cold and dirty. The one wall looked as if someone threw dog poop on the wall and it had been left there to dry and stain the wall. The shades were difficult to use. The bed was lumpy and pillows were too skimpy to provide any support. The shower gel was leaking from the dispenser. I couldn't get the heating comfortable in the room...far too cold. And the TV would unexpectedly turn off. The lobby/bar furniture was really showing excessive wear. The staff was still friendly, but seemed either powerless or uneducated as to the hotel or amenities.
With the new casino across the street, this hotel could be packed and vibrant. Instead, it looks to me like they have given up trying.
I do have to praise the shuttle driver working the morning/day shift.
I won't be staying at this aloft anymore. I'll give the aloft BWI another try before giving up on the brand entirely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloft Arundel Mills is just around the corner from Maryland Live! Casino, Arundel Mills Mall, and a short drive to Baltimore-Washington International Airport and Fort Meade. Our upbeat vibe is a fresh, forward-thinking alternative perfect for tech savvy and social travelers. This design hotel boasts an on-site lounge and an indoor heated pool. It is located 6 miles from Baltimore Washington International Airport and has free Wi-Fi access. Each contemporary room at the Aloft Arundel Mills features a 42-inch flat-screen TV and an iPod dock. They are decorated in bright blue accent colors, wood furnishings, and have large windows. Enjoy cocktails at the full-service W XYZ Bar or grab a snack from the on-site convenience store, Re:Fuel. Relax on the rooftop sun terrace or work out in the 24-hour fitness center at the Arundel Mills Aloft Hotel. A games room with billiards is available for guest entertainment. Arundel Mills Mall is just 10 minutes’ walk from the hotel. Baltimore city center is 14 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Aloft Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Aloft Hotel Arundel Mills