“Disappointing”

Aloft Arundel Mills
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my third visit to the hotel and found that the place has drastically gone downhill. The hotel was not as clean as it has been on prior visit. The service too was disappointing. A request for towels went unanswered and the gym was filthy. Th

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for not meeting your expectations. It is truly disheartening to hear the concerns you have regarding the property. I will assure that I will take you feedback and apply the necessary changes to ensure that if you allow us an opportunity to serve you , these issues will not be prevalent again.

We do not want to lose you as our customer and would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can restore your faith that we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal
Touch!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel has the greatest location, which is right across the street from the mall and Casino. It's even better the shuttle is 24-hrs and can take you there. The rooms are clean and has a great gym. The staff was very pleasent and when you visit the Aloft, make sure you grab a drink at the bar. The layout of the bar/lounge area is wonderful. The bartenders are great and make you feel at home. Breakfest was okay, not spectacular...This is a great hotel for the price you pay. The Manager "Harry" (I think) he was very helpful and made sure we were comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out how we can continue to best serve you, our valued guest. I am pleased to hear that we met your expectation and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Yours in Continued Service ,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I, on a whim, decided to try Aloft at Arundel Mills so we could play at the casino and not have to drive in case we wanted to have a few drinks. We were both happy to find such a neat hotel at a decent price, including tax we paid under $100 for a king room. We loved the feel of the lobby, dance music playing, couches everywhere and funky lighting. We felt the room was decent, clean and stylish. I will note, the king bed was extremely comfortable! The down side was the room had tacky fluorescent lighting, the window shade didn't operate properly (not that we complained at 2:00 am, we just wanted to get to sleep and didn't bother fussing). We were very disappointed that Aloft charged for food items that are typically complimentary at most hotels, fruit, bagels, cereal, $4.00 for a self serve waffle? That was a turnoff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaryRobOz

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out how we can continue to best serve you, our valued guest. I am sorry to hear that we didnt meet your expectation in the area of our breakfast , however if your interesrted in returning in the near fututr email me at :
hhawkins@ltdhospitality.com and Ill get you some free breakfast vouchers for your stay.

I hope that helps :-)

Yours in Continued Service ,

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel was right across the street from the mall and a short trip to BWI airport. The room we had was clean...at first glance but after looking around there were three stink bugs climbing the walls within minutes of setting our luggage down. Also the sink was plugged up and after much fight with it, we called for front desk for maintenance but that took about 30 mintues for them to get to us so we asked if we could switch rooms. Luckliy, they had another room ready on same floor so we packed everything up and moved down the hallway. Didn't have chance to use the shuttle service because the front desk said it was quite busy and needed about a 30/45 minute heads up. Other than that, the second room was clean and spacious.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

To our valued guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for the issues you encountered . It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.

I do hope that you do not allow this incident by our hotel to serve as the
ultimate reflection on us. We do not want to loose you as our customer and would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can restore your faith that we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal
touch!

Yours In Service ,

Harry H Hawkins III

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at the property from 23-27 September 2012 and had a brand new pair of shoes I had just purchased the next day. I contacted the desk and explained what happened, and was told to hold on as she tried to contact the manager. After she couldn't reach him, she said I would have to file a police report and have to wait for the property insurance to contact me, or the manager would contact me the following morning. The next morning I spoke with the housekeeping manager who said she would find out who cleaned my room.

Needless to say I haven't heard from anyone. I've called corporate, who has a file number as well, yet still haven't heard a thing. I've tried calling the assistant manager of the property, which has been answered by voicemail numerous times. The unsatisfactory treatment is a shame, especially since the hotel is located near Ft. Meade and many soldiers and servicemembers stay there. I'm a soldier myself who gives the benefit of the doubt since I'm not the only resident of the property and don't expect special treatment. However, not to hear anything and totally dismissed is totally disheartening.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Good location, clean rooms, helpful staff, and a great gym. I stay here every time I'm in the Baltimore area and have always been very pleased with my stay. The gym is always very important to me when I travel so I'm happy that they have a good setup. For the price, it can't be beat.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave. I am honored to hear that we have met your expectations and that your stay was pleasurable. We were delighted to have you as our guest and look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Yours In Service

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've stayed at a bunch of different aloft properties and this one, as another reviewer put it, misses the mark completely. Public areas and rooms are tired and need some refreshing. I don't understand how some properties' management can just ignore some issues when they can be rectified relatively inexpensively and quickly and have a positive impact on guest satisfaction. Examples:
- Front desk staff was a little more casual and borderline unprofessional..not a great first impression
- Bathroom mirror broken and "repaired" by putting 12" of duct tape over it...sloppy.
- Grout pretty dirty and bathroom floor wasn't mopped (prints all over).
- Receipt of guy who stayed in the room before me was sitting there in the room on the floor with all of his info (name, address, company he worked for, SPG #!). I still don't know how hskp could miss that.
- Puddle of body wash on the shower floor, clearly the dispenser was dripping steadily
- Large circles of dirt/staining on carpet...definitely needed replacement.
- Fridge was just sitting next to the end table out in the open (odd, b/c alofts usually put this in the built-ins near the sink area).

It was quiet and the bed was comfortable with good speed on wifi. Rates are decent, but this property is only good if your stay is for under 2 days. Not good for leisure travelers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. I am disheartened to hear the issues you encountered and want to apologize whole heartedly if we did not meet your expectations in anyway. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests. In response to some of your concerns we have recently started to do an in-house renovation to address some of the issues you mentioned. In addition we are continuously working to train our staff to live , breath and work EXECELLANCE. So that your stay will not just be “Tolerable “but “Pleasurable”

Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Yours In Service ,