“My new favorite hotel chain”

Aloft Arundel Mills
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 21, 2012

If you haven't stayed at an Aloft yet, you should.

We have three children and have stayed in three. We get adjoining rooms - a king and queen room with the door in between. We LOVE them. They are very family friendly and I like their shtick! Their prices are great, so we don't break the bank even with two rooms.

I have two critiques... They seem to only build these near airports and the one in Arundel Mills had funny pool hours (apparently the pool has to have a lifeguard.) Other than that, A+!

Excellent service, clean rooms, and we like their minimalistic design. The showers are fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
AGM_aloft, AGM of Aloft at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Hello to you! My name is Harry H. Hawkins and I am the AGM of the Aloft hotel. Thank you for such wonderful compliments regarding our hotel. It is our goal to provide excellence with caring to each guest that walks through our doors. Regarding the poor unfortunately it is a state law that the pool must have a life guard. We do hope that if your in the area you will take the time to stay with us again !!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I am always pleased when visiting this hotel. With the NEW Casino Live across the street in Arundel Mills, this attraction area has a lot to offer in the Baltimore/DC area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Chris D, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Kira_Kai,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are very fortunate to be located right across the street from Maryland Live Casino. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the mall and the casino.

We pride ourselves on our service, so it's nice to hear you were happy with the service we provided. Thank you for selecting the aloft at Arundel Mills, and we look forward to hosting you again real soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip that was booked by my office. My first thought was where are the storage drawers and closet? The room's art deco was cute but the black wall threw me off. The phone in the room didn't work, the carpet was old and stained. Reception desk personnel were not well informed. I wouldn't pay to stay here and would advise my agency not to book this hotel again. The only plus was it is within walking distance of the mall.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank prtdiva

Dear prtdiva,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. I am sorry that your experience was not up to the standards that we try so hard to deliver. There is absolutely no excuse for the unacceptable service levels you dealt with.

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests. I am glad that you enjoyed the proximity to the mall and the new Maryland Live! Casino. We provide a complimentary shuttle service to the mall.

We do appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. I hope that you’ll give us another try! Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have stayed at an Aloft before and was truly looking forward to staying at this location. I mentioned on my reservation that I would be traveling with a 16 week ok baby so having a room ready with a fridge was important. I arrived and was told they had no available rooms. I said that was fine and prepared to wait a while since I know it was earlier then check in time. I was told after contacting housekeeping it should only be about an hour. I checked back exactly one hour later and the clerk said that they didn't start until 9am and it would be maybe 45 min. longer. I had food/milk for my child that needed to be stored in a cool and nothing at all was offered during this waiting period. After waiting almost 2 hours the head cleaning lady/manager came to tell me that she was working on it and would have a room soon. I asked if I was able to speak to a manager and was told one was not available. I finally was able to check into a room after 2.5 hours. I got to my room and after being told upong making the reservation that every room had a fridge I was put in one without one. AGAIN, leaving me with food/milk needing to be stored STILL. I called the front desk and was told and hour before my room would receive a fridge. It finally arrived about 45min. later and I was able to store my little ones food and only having to throw out one already made bottle. When I left the hotel for the afternoon I asked for a manager again to share what had happened and was till told that one was not available. They did not offer me a name, a phone number, a better contact time or anything.

I did have one positive experience while there and that was with the bartender and wait staff. I had a wonderful time in the hotels lobby, the drinks were great, the service was fast, and everyone was very friendly. I would really like to give this location another chance due to location and price being so reasonable...but I cannot afford to risk losing formula and baby food each trip that I take to MD.

Room Tip: Don't travel with a baby evidently
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Chris D, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Ansa M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the aloft Arundel Mills. I am sorry that your experience was not up to the standards you expect from us. I find it just as unacceptable.

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you. I am glad that you enjoyed the bar and its staff.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

stayed for three nights last summer for a friend's wedding.
very casual and modern lobby, great service and friendly staff.
the room was clean and spacious enough, very modern washroom, overall enjoyed my stay!
the only thing is that at this location you would probably need to drive because I don't believe the public transportation will be able to bring you here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Dear Missyufish,

Thank you for commenting on your recent experience at aloft Arundel Mills. I am very happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. We feel we set ourselves apart with our service and it sounds like we did just that.

There are several transportation options to and from the hotel. One can take the train from Baltimore or Washington, DC and all connecting points to the BWI station where our complimentary shuttle can pick you up.

Thanks again for your kind words and we look forward to hosting you again next time you visit the Arundel Mills area.

Aloft Arundel Mills

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This weekend, my wife and I decided to have an inexpensive weekend getaway and spend it at the Aloft in Hanover. It was my plan to have a getaway so I chose the hotel. I chose the Aloft because it was relatively inexpensive and we had stayed in the aloft in Philly and I was pretty impressed.

The hotel was easy to find, clean and the staff was quick and efficient. I really liked the HD television directly in front of the bed. I like the "trendy" vibe of the place. It is very novel to me. The only negatives that I have and they are small were that the bed could have been slightly more comfortable and they could have provided more towels.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Patdynamite,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience here at the Aloft Arundel Mills. We are very proud of our hotel and and are glad you found it to have a "trendy vibe," and clean with "quick and efficient" staff.

Our signature platform beds have received some rave reviews but I apologize you did not find it to your complete satisfaction. Our service desk could have provided you with more towels at your request.

We do have a fair amount of families stay at the hotel and they love it!

I hope to welcome you back to the Aloft Arundel Mills on one of your weekend getaways. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed here twice recently on business. The first time, my room was nice, though the bed isn't super comfortable and the room phone didn't work. I tried to call downstairs because reception didn't give me a voucher for breakfast. Eventually, I used my personal phone and was told a voucher would be left for me at the front desk... nothing was at the desk in the morning, but they gave me an $8 voucher. However, the bathroom was very clean.

Second trip, the shower leaked water all over the floor, and a small refrigerator was laying under my sink, apparently broken or not working. I'm not sure if this was supposed to be included or not, but I didn't have one in my last room and it was broken anyway. I didn't need it, but it was strange to have a broken one in the room. I asked for my breakfast voucher right away and was given one for $10 this time.

Breakfast is not great nor is it typical. They have some muffins, soda, yogurt, and a chef that makes breakfast sandwiches. You pay per item, and while the prices aren't bad, I just didn't feel like there were many breakfast choices.

Overall, I would say the experience was mixed. The staff were nice, but didn't really follow through about fixing the phone, or the breakfast voucher. The rooms are also mixed -- the first one was fine other than the phone, and the second room had a gross bathroom area and included a broken refrigerator laying around.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank illinitraveler714

Dear illinitraveler714,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Aloft Arundel Mills. I am sorry that your experience was not up to the standards you expect from us and that we try so hard to deliver. There is absolutely no excuse for the unacceptable service levels you dealt with.

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests. We continue to work on several different fronts to ensure that your next stay is problem-free

We do appreciate your business and will do all it takes to keep you coming back. I hope that you’ll give us another try! Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.