All reviewspool tablearundel millsshuttle driverlobby areafront desk staffbusiness tripfree shuttleindoor poolthe maryland live casinoenjoyed my staybwi airportaloftsmallelementikeamirrormd
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The Aloft is a great place to stay when you want a clean fun place to stay at a great price. rooms are clean and comfortable, staff is friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank egellman
Chris D, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Dear egellman,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Aloft Arundel Mills! We pride ourselves on great guest service, and we are very pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and courteous.

Next time you’re in the Arundel Mills area, I hope you’ll be our guest!

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Good concept hotel if never been to one as they have ample social space in the lobby with trendy colors, pool table, large outdoor seating areas, hip music in common areas, small bar, and airy settings. Same at every location. All this was fine, and is across street from Arundel Mills Mall and lots of chain restaurants (oh joy). Issue was with attention to detail of this property on the upkeep on the rooms. First room I checked into had a broken TV. I didn't uncover that till after having unpacked and settled to then turn on the game. They put me in a new room no issues, but was a lost half hour of my stay. Next room has a pipe in wall that made weird noises every 15 mins all night....very loud and the neighboring rooms heard it too as I would see people open their door and look for the sound.

Small details like this distract from the experience of the brand. Pricing is amazing though.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris D, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Dear spgISLANDtraveler :
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Aloft Arundel Mills! We are glad you found our space to your satisfaction.

We pride ourselves on great guest service, and I am personally disappointed that this was not reflected in your stay experience. Thank you for your feedback about the issue with your TV set and "pipe in the wall that made weird noises every 15 minus all night...."

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. We appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. The next time you’re in the Arundel Mills area, please be our guest and give us an opportunity to "WOW" you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.
I hope that you’ll give us another try!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

The trendy vibe of this hotel feels a bit forced, and the music was pumping at 5am when I headed to the office the same as it was at 9pm when I came back from a day's work. Relaxing and peaceful would not be words to describe the atmosphere. Room was clean and neat and actually pretty nice. I was worried there wasn't an iron in the room, and when the phone didn't work, had to go down to the lobby to ask if I could borrow one. The front desk explained the iron and ironing board were stored in the headboard of my bed. Of course it is. ???? Anyway, The hotel seemed to be filled with a lot of young military personnel and the average age hovered at 21 or 22, making this mid 30s traveler feel pretty old. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for family travel, but it is perfect the twenty something set. The (young) bartender did a great job with mixed drinks and was very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Chris D, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear geogiasun12345,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience here at the Aloft Arundel Mills. We are very proud of our lobby and think it's unlike any other in the Hanover area. I apologize for the less than "relaxing and peaceful" atmosphere and the loud "pumping" music. I believe we certainly should be turning down the "pumping" music early in the morning, as you suggested.

I am glad you found the staff, especially the bartender, competent and friendly.
I hope you stay with us again and give us the chance to wow you!

Aloft Arundel Mills

Reviewed January 23, 2012

This hotel appears to be a boutique style hotel, with a transient and extended stay area whose buildings are seperated by a courtyard! The staff is the most appealing aspect of this establishment. We were given a 6th fl. dbl. bed rm. My first impression of the room was that it was small and unkempt. I immediately communicated my concern regarding the cleaniness to the staff and they sprung into action. Two managers, Dahlia Rentas, and Jayquin Bella quickly appeared (with positive dispositions) & worked tirelessly to meet our request for a favorable rm. They were very apologetic and accomadating and proceeded to show us several rooms to choose from. While we waited for our new room the staff made sure our children were very comfortable by providing them with any breakfast items they desired and availing a gaming system they had in the extended stay area. They also had a staff member alert us as soon as the new rm. was ready. They succeeded in making us feel wecome. They changed what could have been a sour taste into a very sweet one!The new rm. assignment had clearly been cleaned with care and skill (this was apparent even in the fresh scent as you walked in the rm). There was even a bowl with cookies, fruit, and milk in the frig. for the children with a hand written note fr. the mgr.. The lifeguard, maids, and guy who fixed our safe were all very welcoming and friendly. Any request we made for towels, cotonballs, and miscellaneous inquiries were addressed in a timely manner. They even had dog treats and water for guest with pets (that can stay free of charge). They also have a shuttle to the mall available at all times to its guest. They also accomadated us with a very early check-in we had requested. This hotel has alot of potential if they capitalize on their attentiveness of guest needs and deliver each room as clean and fragrant as the final one we received. After all, first impressions always carry the most weight!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Chris D, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear Gina a:

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Aloft Arundel Mills! We pride ourselves on great guest service, and we are very pleased that you found our staff to be of "positive dispositions" who "worked tirelessly to meet" your requests.

Thank you for your feedback about the initial room you were checked into. This feedback always helps make us a better "home away from home."

The gaming system at our extended stay facility across the courtyard does have a good amount of usage with families that stay with us.

Next time you’re in the Arundel Mills area, I hope you’ll be our guest!

Reviewed January 20, 2012

I am addicted to the Starwood brand but I have never stayed in one of their Aloft hotels before, so I was really looking forward to it.

And I liked the hotel it very much! Well, after I found it as the road structure around the hotel seems to be rather complex and confusing and I managed to take several wrong turns before I finally arrived in front of the hotel.

I was cheerfully welcomed by a front desk receptionist. My room was stylish and ergonomically designed (I especially like the bathroom), and I had a good night sleep. I like the Aloft concept – it is refreshing to see something different and designed with a rare combination of common sense and style.

The whole stay was hassle-free and I would return there in a heart beat.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Dear PrincePolo,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Aloft Arundel Mills! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and found your stay "refreshing" and "hassle-free." We do like the design of "a rare combination of common sense and style," but I guess we can't be considered objective on this issue.

I have passed your feedback to the staff and we can't wait to welcome you back to the Aloft Arundel Mills.