“Excellent hotel with reasonable price”

Aloft Arundel Mills
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent hotel with reasonable price”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

It looks like a cheaper version of Hyatt with half the price. service was good. Room was not big but quite nice. Pet-friendly. They actually provided dog food at the entrance. would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
LA
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This hotel was probably very nice when it was first built. It's a few years old now an has it's share of dings, scrapes, and peeling wallpaper. I travel for business to the BWI area quite often and have chosen the Aloft Arundel Hills location due to its proximity to a few restaurants and stores. I was there last week for work and was given a room with an accessible toilet / shower. This was fine until I took a shower and the entire bathroom flooded so much that I had to build a damn with towels to keep the hotel's carpet from getting wet since the bathroom's floor drain was upslope. For the rest of the evening (including a couple night trips to the bathroom) I had to wade in nearly 1" deep frigidly cold water in order to use the restroom. This is a horrible experience for trying to fall back asleep at night and for having to get ready for my meetings in the morning (not to be crude but having to sit in the restroom to take care of business with an inch of water covering your feet is the pits!). Since I needed to stay a 2nd night I asked to move to a new room but had to wait until the afternoon since the staff said that there wasn't anything available that morning (I don't believe that that the hotel was fully booked... the parking lot was only half full). I contacted the management after my departure and didn't hear back for several days and am still not satisfied with how this was handled. All other trips here have been pleasant - I would just recommend that all future visitors request that they DO NOT stay in the accessible room unless required.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in an accessible room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I had a great time, the staff was perfect. Gloriel, at the front desk, was always ready to help with anything I needed.

• Stayed October 2011
fmayes, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Aloft Arundel Mills. We appreciate your business and your rave review! It is a pleasure to hear that Gloriel was a stellar talent member and provided excellent customer service during your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels brings you to the Hanover/BWI area!

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Dannyliscious, Gloriel, Amber, Chad, Latisha, Shammy, they're all amazing! I stayed for a month here and they all made the stay a lot of fun. The staff is friendly, the environment is great. The only drawback is that they didn't stock enough sambvca. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Aloft Arundel Mills, the new tWist in travel! I truly appreciate your review but more importantly I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience our talent members that make our guests stay memorable! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to the Hanover/BWI area!

Reviewed October 27, 2011

I stayed at the aloft for over a month and was greatly impressed with the staff and especially the bar staff. I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff. Everytime I walked through the door, I was greeted by everyone and everyone associated with the hotel. The bar staff was exceptionally friendly and made my time especially enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any of my friends and would stay here again in the future. Dany, sham and chad were the best bartenders that I've had the pleasure of being served by, bar none

• Stayed September 2011
fmayes, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Aloft Arundel Mills, the new tWist in Travel. We appreciate your business and enthusiasm for our talent and mixologists that you saw and received service from. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels brings you back to BWI/Hanover area!

Live, Life, Aloft
Millersville, Maryland
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for five nights on a business trip and based on the photos and descriptions of the hotel online was very excited for their so called "tWist" in travel. When I arrived at the hotel and checked in I was greeted with a smile and was given my room key promptly. All was well until the next day when I got to my room and realized my keycard did not work. To the lobby I went. When I got to the lobby the gentleman who checked me in was not there and in his place was a young lady who was very busy checking her Facebook. When I got to the desk, I stood there for about ten seconds while she finished reading whatever it was; finally, she looked me in the eye and said ever so politely, "yes?" I am no expert in customer service, but I am an expert in being a customer, and this kind of behavior was a huge turn off. After this happened, I took notice to the front desk staff every time I entered the hotel. Never again, besides the night I checked in, did the staff there greet my wife or I in any way. Next gripe: one morning as I went to take a shower I realized that the housekeeping staff left everything but fresh towels. I tried to call the front desk via the room phone but it would not connect after several tries (this same thing happened the day before when the power went out and I tried to call for an update. It just kept ringing and ringing each time). Finally, I used my cell phone and called the front desk via the "front door" using the number they had listed on Google. Thirty minutes later, a security guard brought our towels. I do not blame the housekeeping staff - we were there five days and everything but this one incident was great - but the hassle to request new towels was just too hard. Lastly, as this hotel is super modern (or at least tries to be), they have these nifty dock stations in the room that allow you to charge your devices and connect them to the TV. Placed around the room are little signs that say something to the effect of, "if you don't have a cable or forgot one, just come to the front desk and we can give you one of ours!" Well, I needed a normal USB cord to charge my phone as I left mine in the office, and when I went to the front desk to pick one up, the friendly Facebook girl said, "we don't give those out anymore" in her normal condescending tone. I get that you don't offer them anymore, but take away the plethora of signs that say you have them available to borrow. Yet again, poor customer service. This hotel seemed too busy trying to be cool and forgot the small things that make for a pleasant hotel experience. They need major improvements in customer service. Will I stay here again? If the office pays for it, yes...if not, there is no way I would pay money to stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Bennett T
fmayes, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Aloft Arundel Mills. Our mantra of being a new tWist in travel doesn't mean you should suffer with inadequate customer service. For our lack of attentiveness to your needs on each occasion that you noted, I truly apologize. As a result of your review, we have addressed the issue of initiating friendly, proactive guests engagement and curved the usage of non-work related programs that may serve as a distraction to our staff. I appreciate your candid review and for you taking the time to share your experience. It is reviews like this that open our eyes to the quality of talent that we have at our desks and the service that we deliver. I do hope that you view this as an isolated incident and not indicative of the fun, attentive service that we've come to be know for at aloft Arundel Mills. I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity to earn your business when you travel back to the BWI/Hanover area, whether for business or pleasure.

Granger, Iowa
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This is a great hotel if you have pets. Rooms are great, staff is excellent, great area to walk your dogs with a Pet Smart within walking distance. A parking garage for waking on a rainy day. This is a modern cool hotel even if you don't have pets!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
fmayes, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Aloft Arundel Mills, the new tWist in Travel! We appreciate your enthusiasm and your review about our property. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Baltimore/Hanover area!