“Hail to the Chef” 4 of 5 bubbles

Live! Lofts
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
“Hail to the Chef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The chef Ron and waitress Dunia were fantastic! The entire staff was very nice and the experience was very pleasant.
The rooms were clean, the location is pleasant. I would highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Waitman V, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Nohjk1,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding the service received from Chef Ron and Waitress Dunia.

Our team is dedicated to ensuring all of our guests have a memorable experience and I'm glad we had the opportunity to "wow" you during your stay. We look forward to your return!

Waitman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Rochestetr, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

A fairly new/modern property, but hotel hallways were dirty (unvacumed) and noticed mildew around tub/shower. New hotel, but seems like the cleaning staff is cutting corners a bit... Quality of food @ free breakfast seemed a bit underwhelming--again, not what I normally experiece from Homewood Suites or the Hilton Chain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Waitman V, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
James C,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Facilities to review with maintenance and housekeeping regarding the concerns noted.

As a member of the Hilton family it’s important to us that our guests receive the same experience as any other Homewood Suites.

We look forward to your return so we can show you our improvements.

Waitman V
Tenn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The location of the hotel is great.The staff was great in every area of the hotel. First time staying at a Homewood Suite and will tell everyone to stay there. It was great to know that the shuttle would take you anywhere in a 5 mile area. I would return again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I travel a lot and stayed here for my job. They share the building with the parent company, Hilton. This was my first stay with this hotel brand, Homewood Suites, and was pleased with it. I was here for over 45 days so I did get to see almost all aspects of the hotel. If you have never stayed here, you do get a FULL KITCHEN which made my long stay great. They also have a light dinner for you Monday through Thursday and breakfast daily.

The room was big and I was very comfortable. They are located away only a short drive from everything or you can take the shuttle which runs often.

The only real issue I had, which was fixed, was getting my room a good cleaning. Because I was here so long, the cleaning department only changed out my towel and bed linen. The bathroom and floors were my main concern but after I talked to management, my room received a very deep and good cleaning. Again, this was due to my long stay of over 45 days.

Overall it was a good experience.

Martinsburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Good place to stay if you are heading to 'Live' at Arundle Mills. Noise from late night partyers will keep you awake at night. Beds are broken. Staff informed me of this during checkout. Hopefully they will repair them before you get there for your stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Good Day BLM59292,

Please accept my sincere apologize for any inconveniences experienced during your stay.

I spoke with our Director of Facilities regarding your feedback and found our self adjusting mattresses have a time delay which may seem broken however it’s actually supposed to operate that way.

The system we use is noiseless and takes around 5-10 minutes to adjust. Once the mattress is set to your desired comfort level you will look forward to a quite, uninterrupted night of rest.

BLM59292, I greatly appreciate your feedback and allowing me the opportunity to follow up on your recent stay.

Waitman V
Earth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Clean room and everything is perfect working order.

Hotel offers shuttle service and is close to the offsite rental car lot

Both wired and wireless internet – wired was 1.99 Mbps download and 0.94 Mbps upload.

Desk has (4) outlets. Two on the wall and two as part of the desktop lamp. A+ for this!

My only disappoint is the heater / air con is next to the desk and air blows directly on you while working at desk. Not possible to adjust the vents. A very poor room design in this regard.

Pavilion Pantry lacked any Coca-Cola sodas which is unusual for a HGI

Not well signed from the road, if you drive by, take your next right and go around the block

Room Tip: I placed the ironing board against the heater / air con to deflect the air and allow me to work at t...
Stafftraveler88,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel.

Our Housekeeping department takes pride in providing our guests with a clean room and in working order. Our Hotel shuttle service is available for guests 24 hours a day traveling within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.

I spoke with our Director of Food & Beverage regarding Coca-Cola products available in the Pavilion Pantry and based on your feedback we will consistently provide Coke, Sprite, Diet and Cherry Coke for our guests.

Kind Regards
Waitman V.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We drove from West Palm Beach, Florida and arrived at the hotel at 3 am. When we got there we couldn't get our room right away because, the system was not allowing them to check in anyone at that time. I thought after such a long drive, that was a major inconvenience. It took us 30 minutes to get the room, but we did get the adjoining units. The overall cleanliness of the hotel is good. I had a problem with an elevator that seemed to need cleaning in the corners. It apparently was not cleaned for the 3 of the 6 nights we were there.

The pool opens at 4 pm and closes at 9 pm weekdays. With 4 kids, that it simply a ridiculous rule. Those rules should be changed. The breakfast was made to order, and was simply awesome everyday. The chef was on point with whatever was requested of him. The rooms were spacious, and had the amenities we needed. Housekeeping never came while we were there...have no idea why....we had to keep asking for a change of towels each day. We found that to be strange, but we worked with it anyway.

Our main reason for staying at that hotel was to be close enough to DC to experience DC it's entirety. One week was not enough,but we enjoyed our vacation there anyway,and would go back to Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Yaddcritic,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your trip to D.C. This morning I reviewed your positive comments regarding breakfast, the room cleanliness and our Chef to the hotel Leadership team. I also forwarded your comments to our pool contractor to see if increasing our week day pool hours would be an option moving forward.

Yaddcritic, I am glad that you choose The Hilton Garden Inn, Arundel Mills and look forward to your return.

Waitman