WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Live! Lofts

Live! Lofts
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very nice hotel with very nice employees”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I only stayed at this location overnight but the staff was extremely helpful during checkin/checkout and when I asked about a quick jaunt into DC. I am considering this location for a family vacation to DC in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIArundel, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such nice comments about our staff and your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills. We do try to make every guest experience memorable and we are very happy to hear we made a difference during your visit with us. On behalf of the team we look forward to your return.
DP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here for business; room was comfortable; pool and fitness center available; easy parking right in front of the building; complimentary coffee in the morning; microwave and refrigerator in the rooms; complimentary cookies in the afternoon. A few issues with the internet connections though.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for non-smoking room; as they allow smoking in some of the rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HGIArundel, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I have asked my engineering team to look into the internet issues so that we can correct the problem and thank you for bring it to our attention. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will come back again soon!.
Dorothy Paez
Severn, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I recently went to Hilton Garden Inn in Hanover, Maryland to grab a quick bite to eat and I must admit the service and food was exceptional. My server Ciara was prompt professional, courteous and friendly. My food was brought out rather quickly and quite frankly my expectations where not very high as I was not a guest staying at their hotel. Once my food arrived it was pipping hot and delicious. I commented to my server that my steak was the best I have had in a long time and much to my surprise the Chef Esther came out to greet me. I obviously thanked her personally for the great meal she had so thoughtfully and perfectly cooked for me and my family I felt like I was the only one she was cooking for, the hotel and lobby where clean and the ambiance was superb. Shortly after the Chef left I asked my server Ciara to tell em again what the Chef's special was, which of course she told me again "RIBS". I loved the Chef's food so much I ordered a to go order of the Chefs special "RIBS" to go for an easy meal the next day. Once again not expecting much after I got home, I decided to try the ribs, OMG they where DELICIOUS! far exceeding my expectations, needless to say I don't have any ribs left for tomorrow. But rest assured that if Ciara and Esther are there tomorrow I WILL BE BACK!. Great job to all involved in making what was supposed to be a quick bite of average tasting food, in to a wonderful dinning experience. We found our new favorite restaurant in town far better than the usual franchises out there. Expect more business in the near future. THANK YOU!!!!

Room Tip: Unfortunately I was not a guest, but judging by the lobby and restaurant area, I will say the rooms...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow - thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your dining experience. We are all very excited that we made such a wonderful impression on you. This week we introduced our new dinner and room service menus, so please stop by anytime to try some new items that Chef Esther and her team will gladly prepare.
Dorothy Paez
Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills
American Grill and Restaurant
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel sits atop the Hilton Garden Inn. My early check in was without difficulty. My room assigned had been upgraded to a 2 BR (there was only me). The room was great and the bed was extremely comfortable. There were NO bedbugs. The only thing that I noticed and the hotel couldn't control it, was that someone cooked something really smelly and the smell permeated the hallway and the living room of my suite, but not the bedrooms. In the 2BR, one BR was two queens and a shower-tub, and the other was a King bed with a large walk in shower. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Waitman V, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Jen,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at The Homewood Suites - Arundel Mills. We look forward to your return.

Kind regards,
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

The location was convenient to the airport. Though the rooms were clean, the hallways smelled of stale cigarette. By far not the nicest Homewood Suites I have stayed it, but still a nice hotel overall with very friendly staff. If you do not need to stay so close to the airport then I would recommend choosing a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

April,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Homewood Suites, Arundel Mills. Our team was very glad that you had a memorable experience with both our hotel overall and friendly staff.

Next time your travels bring you to the BWI area please don't hesitate to contact the hotel directly as we would be delighted to assist with your future reservations.

Sincere Regards,
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is on the same street as the BWI Rental Car facility a mere 1.2 miles away. The HGI will pick you up or drop you off at the rental car building. I had an early morning flight out, so rather than making a two hour drive at 4:00am, hunting down a gas station, and trying to find that elusive rental car facility, I chose to stay here, drop off my car early, get a good nights sleep, and have an easy ride in the hotel van to the airport the next morning. The hotel is across the highway from the very busy Arundel Mills Mall and Casino. It's an easy walk, or the hotel will drive you there. However, the HGI side of the highway is much, much quieter with much less traffic. There are 2 gas stations behind the hotel for that last minute fill up, as well as a Denny's plus a Dunkin Donuts, Thai, Italian, and Indian/Pakistani restaurants in a brand new little strip center around the corner. The front desk staff was wonderful and welcoming, and very helpful. You can always count on a consistently good product at a Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelnDallas
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Disclosure - I am a Diamond Hilton Honors member. I stay at Hilton properties frequently - and typically 5 star Hiltons in major cities. I needed a 2 bedroom hotel for a recent family holiday near Baltimore, and found this hotel. The property is fairly new, and one side is a Hilton Garden Inn and the other side is a Homewood Suites (same building, different entrances).
Our suite had 2 bedrooms: one bedroom with king bed and full bathroom, the other with 2 full beds and full bathroom - with living room and kitchenette in between (full size fridge, small stove, microwave). It was clean, well appointed, quiet. The towels in the bathroom were the same quality as my gym (eg. thin, cheap, white, scratchy), and the bed linens were definitely a thread-count somewhere in the single digits - but it was fine (especially for the price).
The lobby/common area was clean and spacious but nothing special. The free breakfast was free - nothing special at all (fresh fruit, cold cereal, one flavor of yogurt). There were 3 chafing dishes with hot food (bad scrambled eggs, pancakes, anemic sausages or chicken fried steak were various choices), and gray oatmeal. I opted for coffee and a pastry. There is a Denny's across the street if you want to get a better breakfast - but for a free meal you can't complain too much.
It was GREAT having a Garden Inn attached (elevator ride), because I was able to enjoy some of the better amenities that Garden Inn provides (don't tell anyone).
Homewood Suites is definitely "low frills/budget". I wouldn't stay here again if I didn't need two bedrooms (I would stay at the Garden Inn).
Location is extremely close to the Arundel Mills Shopping Center and the Casino. About 10 minutes (or less) from the BWI airport.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor which is a non-smoking floor. I had other family members on the 7th floor in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family