WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Live! Lofts

Live! Lofts
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Dallas
“Great for Rental Car Drivers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is on the same street as the BWI Rental Car facility a mere 1.2 miles away. The HGI will pick you up or drop you off at the rental car building. I had an early morning flight out, so rather than making a two hour drive at 4:00am, hunting down a gas station, and trying to find that elusive rental car facility, I chose to stay here, drop off my car early, get a good nights sleep, and have an easy ride in the hotel van to the airport the next morning. The hotel is across the highway from the very busy Arundel Mills Mall and Casino. It's an easy walk, or the hotel will drive you there. However, the HGI side of the highway is much, much quieter with much less traffic. There are 2 gas stations behind the hotel for that last minute fill up, as well as a Denny's plus a Dunkin Donuts, Thai, Italian, and Indian/Pakistani restaurants in a brand new little strip center around the corner. The front desk staff was wonderful and welcoming, and very helpful. You can always count on a consistently good product at a Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelnDallas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Disclosure - I am a Diamond Hilton Honors member. I stay at Hilton properties frequently - and typically 5 star Hiltons in major cities. I needed a 2 bedroom hotel for a recent family holiday near Baltimore, and found this hotel. The property is fairly new, and one side is a Hilton Garden Inn and the other side is a Homewood Suites (same building, different entrances).
Our suite had 2 bedrooms: one bedroom with king bed and full bathroom, the other with 2 full beds and full bathroom - with living room and kitchenette in between (full size fridge, small stove, microwave). It was clean, well appointed, quiet. The towels in the bathroom were the same quality as my gym (eg. thin, cheap, white, scratchy), and the bed linens were definitely a thread-count somewhere in the single digits - but it was fine (especially for the price).
The lobby/common area was clean and spacious but nothing special. The free breakfast was free - nothing special at all (fresh fruit, cold cereal, one flavor of yogurt). There were 3 chafing dishes with hot food (bad scrambled eggs, pancakes, anemic sausages or chicken fried steak were various choices), and gray oatmeal. I opted for coffee and a pastry. There is a Denny's across the street if you want to get a better breakfast - but for a free meal you can't complain too much.
It was GREAT having a Garden Inn attached (elevator ride), because I was able to enjoy some of the better amenities that Garden Inn provides (don't tell anyone).
Homewood Suites is definitely "low frills/budget". I wouldn't stay here again if I didn't need two bedrooms (I would stay at the Garden Inn).
Location is extremely close to the Arundel Mills Shopping Center and the Casino. About 10 minutes (or less) from the BWI airport.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor which is a non-smoking floor. I had other family members on the 7th floor in...
Iola, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great staff, hot breakfast, beautiful rooms. We were traveling with five people and had a suite with two bedrooms and a sofa sleeper. Each had it's own TV. It had two full bathrooms which made getting ready to go somewhere a lot simpler.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed there fir first family vacation in a while, was told by agent included free breakfast...which it doesnt. So without request front desk gave me vouchers until i found confirmation. I presented them to restaurant lady. She grilled me on why I had them and I told her. I asked if it was a problem and she said she would figure it out. We proceeded to get food..which was very bad, not worth $10, how they burn bacon is unclear. She stalked me no less than 3 times whenever I got food about the vouchers, had multiple managers involved and finally after 4 stalks comes to my table to inform me I wont be getting any more free breakfasts. At this point I am furious and hand her the credit card...she actually said to me: "What's your problem? Could be I just want to start my vacation. The pool doesnt open until 4pm so skip if you are not there in business.

Room Tip: The rooms are small and the skeep number beds are like rocks even on "soft"..get a room as...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HGIArundel, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Please accept my sincsere apologies regarding the confusion with your breakfast.
While you were in the Great American Grill for breakfast the first morning of your stay - the server made me aware of the situation and asked me to look into your reservation and confirm if indeed your room rate included breakfast for four. I am sorry if you felt our server was a bother. Her intention was to correct the situation and after we spoke she confirmed with you that your room rate did not include free breakfast for the family. I was under the impression you were aware that we did not charge you for the breakfast and apologize if we did not communicate that to you at the time.
Due to county regulations we are required by law to have a lifeguard on duty when the pool is open - we are open from 4-9pm Monday through Friday and 10am to 9pm on weekends as are the majority of the hotels in Anne Arundel County.
Again, I am very sorry the situation that occurred caused you to have ill feelings towards us and hope that you will give us another chance in the future should your travels bring you back to our area.
Warm Regards,
Dorothy Paez
rosedale, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

check in was great.. upon leaving AN Event returned to room serveral trays in hallway.. when going down to breakfast in the am trays still in hallway. Breakfast was Horrible lacked flavor and service . It took over 20 mins to get an omelet and waffle and when we got it the omelet was burnt and the waffle was over done and hard. and you pay 10 buck for the buffet.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Jennifer C
Gloucester, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband called 2 days before we were to arrive in Maryland and booked a room. We are part of Hilton Honors.We drove in from Gloucester Va and with traffic it took us 4 hours to get to the hotel. We walked in,a very nice lady greeted us and we gave her our name only to be told we did not have a reservation.So after 30 plus minutes on the phone and no one not knowing where our reservation went and who my husband gave his cc info too we were irritated and decided to go elsewhere. They were more then willing to give us another room but we were irritated t the situation and tired from the drive.On the plus side it is a very nice looking hotel on the outside and when you walk and it's very inviting.I'm sure we would have had a nice stay if we had decided to stay. I guess maybe next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kimm1970
HGIArundel, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Please accept my apologies for any confusion that occurred with your reservation. If possible I would appreciate an opportunity to resolve the mystery of your lost reservation. If you would please contact the hotel directly and ask to speak to me - I will personally look into this.
Warm Regards,
Dorothy Paez
General Manager, HGI Arundel Mills
Petersburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We live more in hotels than home and we stay more in Hilton Properties than anywhere else--but I cannot rave about this hotel---it was okay--the lobby and dinning area as well as the entire property is nice and clean but for some reason we did not feel comfortable here like we normally do at Hilton properties----

This hotel is in the same building as the Hilton Garden so the lowest floor is the 7th floor---I much rather have the ground floor---

Room Tip: If only a couple nights--okay but longer--I wouldn't stay here again--just cancelled my next sta...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business