“Excellent customer service and facilities” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Live! Lofts

Live! Lofts
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Washington
“Excellent customer service and facilities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

When we arrived the hotel was just recovering from a power outage. We were met by “Tracey” at the front desk who was very nice and courteous. Though fully-booked, she was able to get our two rooms fairly close to each other. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. My only minor complaint is that for “double” rooms we were only provided two towels and wash cloths for each room. Still when we called for more, they were more than accommodating. The hotel offers free wi-fi but because of the earlier power outage the Internet didn't work the first night. Fortunately our mobile phones are hot spots so we had Internet access. Also, the girls that we were chaperoning in the other room were stuck at Arundel Mills and when they called the hotel for the shuttle to pick them up, the phone calls would not get through. Fortunately they called my wife and I and we were able to get word to the front desk that they needed to be picked-up and that problem was solved. Great kudos to the staff for accommodating an unusual request. We brought our DVD player with access to Netflix and other sites. We brought an AV cable but it had the wrong connection for the TV in the room. We called the front desk and they sent maintenance to assist us. I was surprised, thinking that they might just blow us off but in fact not only did they let us borrow their cable but their maintenance man helped us to set it up. Again, while the stay had problems it appears that they go out of their way to help accommodate guests here. The only minor “suggestion” I might make is periodic adjustment of the pool hours. Although the hotel is positioned for the business traveler, the pool hours are from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Given that we were there for Spring Break, periodic adjustments might be considered for this and other periods of the year when families are traveling. Otherwise, I was very pleased with my stay and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I rate this hotel as an “excellent.”

Room Tip: Arrive early.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGIArundel, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills. We truly appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay and the service we provided. We will look into the possibility of extending our pool hours during spring break. We hope to see you again soon.
Warm Regards,
Hilton Garden Inn
Arundel Mills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The smoking rooms are terrible, and I was placed in one for the first night without warning. I was moved to another room on the following nights stay, but still had to suffer through the horrible first night since there were no available rooms.

1 Thank TOW2HTO
Thank you for taking time to write about your stay with us. I want to apologize that we did not have a non-smoking room the first night of your stay and I am glad that we were able to accommodate you the following day. I will share your comments with the HGI team and we do hope your next visit to Arundel Mills will be soon and that we will once again be your hotel of choice.
Warm Regards,
Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills
Radford, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This seems to be a relatively new property and so everything is updated and fresh. The absolute best part, though, was David at the front desk. David was ALWAYS smiling and happy and helpful. All staff were professional and friendly, but David went above and beyond for every need. Cleaning staff also deserves a tip of the hat, as Toya was so friendly and helpful and willing to give suggestions on things to do in the area.
The business office was functional and well stocked with office supplies (problems with the fax machine were handled quickly by the front desk). There is a self-service laundry room for $1 per load, a decent gym, and indoor swimming pool. The front lobby is nice and comfortable to meet with people. Breakfast has variety and is good and reasonably priced. I did not use it, but a shuttle service is available.
Overall, a great experience for my 2 week business trip, made even more welcoming due to the friendly staff. They were so good, in fact, that in addition to writing this review here, I plan to send an email to the manager about David and Toya.
I will definitely stay here next time I return to the area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HGIArundel, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful review. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations and we clearly did so with you. I will certainly share your comments with the team and especially those you gave a shout out too. Please come back and visit again soon.
General Manager, HGI Arundel Mills
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family has stayed at this particular hotel before but had a bad experience with the noise in the middle of the night. We returned because we got a fantastic rate for a 2 bedroom suite. The property is very nice and well maintained, but again we had a problem with an adjacent room having a party from 2am-430am!! We called the hotel staff 3 times before the situation was resolved. Making a trip to the area again in June but will not be staying here again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Cayman Islands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Was supposed to be staying at the HGI which is attached to this hotel but due to overbooking was put in this hotel - it shares an elevator and is easy enough. They put me in a two room suite which was amazing but shame I was only there for 6 hours before having to leave. Employees were great about it and solved the issue. The hotel is just down the road from the rental car drop off and the shuttle will pick up after dropping your car.

Room Tip: I've stayed at this complex several times and so far have not had a bad room. I do prefer the ro...
Addison, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We arrived in Baltimore from Chicago to visit My mother in law my husband and I stayed with her in the 2 bedroom suite and It was more then wonderful, the rooms are big even the sitting area is a good size, nice kitchenette too! Beds are cozy slept really good, also the hotel has a temperature control for all 3 rooms we like it cool she likes it hot our room was set at 66 her room 78 perfect! Pool during the week opens at 4 but we found other things to do til then. Great Location. The staff was AMAZING!! We arrived Thursday and found they offer a free dinner including wine and beer on tap. John Jolly was working and he really set off our stay with his kindness. He was very friendly! Helped us beyond his job duties!!! We will stay at the same hotel again next time we visit mom!!!

Room Tip: It is located in the same building as the Hilton just have to enter around back...
Lexington Park, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I couldn't even find it and drive around for a while because you cannot see it from the road. My GPS put me on the right road but ended me too far down in the middle of a business park. The only hotels you can see from the road is the HI Express, and the Hilton Garden Inn. Well wouldn't you know it, the Hilton is split in half and the Homewood is hiding behing the Garden inn. There isn't a real sign you can see from the road or anything. Just a tiny sign that is easy to miss, because I did. I was looking for a standalone hotel which is usually easy to spot from a distance. The only way I found it was to go inside the Hilton and ask, and they told me it was around back. Who could know this? Very stupid on their part. They need to put a larger sign out by the road at least, or put both names at the top in neon. So be warned, don't look for this place, but instead the Hilton Garden Inn and then drive around back.

Other than that, the room was very nice and clean. The bed was comfortable, although they only had feather pillows and I cannot stand them at all. Usually most hotels at least have a traditional pillow in the closet but not this place. We also used the couch bed for my 3yr old and it was just fine. There was extra bedding in the closet for it, but no extra pillows. The room had a full size fridge/freezer and kitchenette. You could stay here a while and cook if needed. The shower layout was stupid with the towel rack inside the shower. That makes no sense unless you want wet towels. It also leaked all over the floor so we had to put a towel down on the ground under the doorway. Breakfast was great and comparable to most other places. Fake eggs, and cheap sausage. The potatoes were good, and everything else there which are breads, cereal, oatmeal, etc. The presentation was nicer than the food, but it definitely hit the spot and is all we needed. I am not complaining about it, just saying how it is. It's what I expected, and that's fine. The pool is very nice but has dumb hours of opperation. It closes early, and opens late. It makes it hard to use it if you are only staying 1 night. We had to stay they next day until checkout in order to fit the pool in since it doesn't open until 10am and closed at like 7pm or something rediculously early. The pool is on the ground floor and shared by both sides of the hotel as well as laundry and fitness. The washing machines only use cold water which is stupid and don't wash very good. My toddler threw up on the way here and we needed to wash his cloths and car seat cover. They still smelled when I pulled them out as if I only used water and no soap, but I put soap in. It costed $1 to wash and $1 to dry so I wan't doing it twice. It was better than before but still not clean. Would have been much better if it could have been washed in hot water. The front desk also does not keep any extra towels or soaps etc behind the counter which is poor. I was told I would need to wait for the cleaning service to arrive in the morning to get more items. What about those that arrive in late and need something? The desk should always have a small supply of things available, as most places do. I was surprised at this.

Overall this was a good stay and I would stay here again now that I know where it is. It's cheaper and nicer to stay in Arundel Mills when seeing Baltimore than staying right in the noisy city and dealing with parking fees and crime. It's only a short 20min or so drive into the city so no biggie, and also close to BWI with shuttle service.

• 2 of 5 bubbles