WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Live! Lofts

Live! Lofts
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Radford, Virginia
“Wonderful customer service, clean property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This seems to be a relatively new property and so everything is updated and fresh. The absolute best part, though, was David at the front desk. David was ALWAYS smiling and happy and helpful. All staff were professional and friendly, but David went above and beyond for every need. Cleaning staff also deserves a tip of the hat, as Toya was so friendly and helpful and willing to give suggestions on things to do in the area.
The business office was functional and well stocked with office supplies (problems with the fax machine were handled quickly by the front desk). There is a self-service laundry room for $1 per load, a decent gym, and indoor swimming pool. The front lobby is nice and comfortable to meet with people. Breakfast has variety and is good and reasonably priced. I did not use it, but a shuttle service is available.
Overall, a great experience for my 2 week business trip, made even more welcoming due to the friendly staff. They were so good, in fact, that in addition to writing this review here, I plan to send an email to the manager about David and Toya.
I will definitely stay here next time I return to the area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HGIArundel, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful review. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations and we clearly did so with you. I will certainly share your comments with the team and especially those you gave a shout out too. Please come back and visit again soon.
Dorothy Paez
General Manager, HGI Arundel Mills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family has stayed at this particular hotel before but had a bad experience with the noise in the middle of the night. We returned because we got a fantastic rate for a 2 bedroom suite. The property is very nice and well maintained, but again we had a problem with an adjacent room having a party from 2am-430am!! We called the hotel staff 3 times before the situation was resolved. Making a trip to the area again in June but will not be staying here again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Cayman Islands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Was supposed to be staying at the HGI which is attached to this hotel but due to overbooking was put in this hotel - it shares an elevator and is easy enough. They put me in a two room suite which was amazing but shame I was only there for 6 hours before having to leave. Employees were great about it and solved the issue. The hotel is just down the road from the rental car drop off and the shuttle will pick up after dropping your car.

Room Tip: I've stayed at this complex several times and so far have not had a bad room. I do prefer the ro...
Addison, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We arrived in Baltimore from Chicago to visit My mother in law my husband and I stayed with her in the 2 bedroom suite and It was more then wonderful, the rooms are big even the sitting area is a good size, nice kitchenette too! Beds are cozy slept really good, also the hotel has a temperature control for all 3 rooms we like it cool she likes it hot our room was set at 66 her room 78 perfect! Pool during the week opens at 4 but we found other things to do til then. Great Location. The staff was AMAZING!! We arrived Thursday and found they offer a free dinner including wine and beer on tap. John Jolly was working and he really set off our stay with his kindness. He was very friendly! Helped us beyond his job duties!!! We will stay at the same hotel again next time we visit mom!!!

Room Tip: It is located in the same building as the Hilton just have to enter around back...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lexington Park, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I couldn't even find it and drive around for a while because you cannot see it from the road. My GPS put me on the right road but ended me too far down in the middle of a business park. The only hotels you can see from the road is the HI Express, and the Hilton Garden Inn. Well wouldn't you know it, the Hilton is split in half and the Homewood is hiding behing the Garden inn. There isn't a real sign you can see from the road or anything. Just a tiny sign that is easy to miss, because I did. I was looking for a standalone hotel which is usually easy to spot from a distance. The only way I found it was to go inside the Hilton and ask, and they told me it was around back. Who could know this? Very stupid on their part. They need to put a larger sign out by the road at least, or put both names at the top in neon. So be warned, don't look for this place, but instead the Hilton Garden Inn and then drive around back.

Other than that, the room was very nice and clean. The bed was comfortable, although they only had feather pillows and I cannot stand them at all. Usually most hotels at least have a traditional pillow in the closet but not this place. We also used the couch bed for my 3yr old and it was just fine. There was extra bedding in the closet for it, but no extra pillows. The room had a full size fridge/freezer and kitchenette. You could stay here a while and cook if needed. The shower layout was stupid with the towel rack inside the shower. That makes no sense unless you want wet towels. It also leaked all over the floor so we had to put a towel down on the ground under the doorway. Breakfast was great and comparable to most other places. Fake eggs, and cheap sausage. The potatoes were good, and everything else there which are breads, cereal, oatmeal, etc. The presentation was nicer than the food, but it definitely hit the spot and is all we needed. I am not complaining about it, just saying how it is. It's what I expected, and that's fine. The pool is very nice but has dumb hours of opperation. It closes early, and opens late. It makes it hard to use it if you are only staying 1 night. We had to stay they next day until checkout in order to fit the pool in since it doesn't open until 10am and closed at like 7pm or something rediculously early. The pool is on the ground floor and shared by both sides of the hotel as well as laundry and fitness. The washing machines only use cold water which is stupid and don't wash very good. My toddler threw up on the way here and we needed to wash his cloths and car seat cover. They still smelled when I pulled them out as if I only used water and no soap, but I put soap in. It costed $1 to wash and $1 to dry so I wan't doing it twice. It was better than before but still not clean. Would have been much better if it could have been washed in hot water. The front desk also does not keep any extra towels or soaps etc behind the counter which is poor. I was told I would need to wait for the cleaning service to arrive in the morning to get more items. What about those that arrive in late and need something? The desk should always have a small supply of things available, as most places do. I was surprised at this.

Overall this was a good stay and I would stay here again now that I know where it is. It's cheaper and nicer to stay in Arundel Mills when seeing Baltimore than staying right in the noisy city and dealing with parking fees and crime. It's only a short 20min or so drive into the city so no biggie, and also close to BWI with shuttle service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed at the homewood because they had 2 bedroom suites and 24 hr shuttle service to the airport. Rooms were clean and we didn't have any problems there. We also had no problem taking the shuttle to the airport at 5am. It was getting a shuttle to come pick you back up that was the problem. I had called the hotel ahead of our stay to verify they had 24hr shuttle service and they said it wasn't a problem. Our flight landed around 10:30pm in Bwi. Immediately after we got our bags we called for a pickup. The front desk said they were on their way and to stand in zone 1 or zone 3. We asked the front desk person over the phone where these zones were located and they basically said they couldn't help and to ask someone at the airport. Which was a joke at that time of night. So we stand where we think we are to be and a homewood suites van pulls up. My husband asks if this is the van for the arundel mills location and we are told yeah this it.. We load all 6 passengers bags from a cruise on the van and are on our way. We are all chatting about our vacation and the driver says we are there. We look up and we are at a different homewood then what we stayed at. We are at the one in Linthicum. At this point it's after 1130pm. We ask the shuttle driver if he can please run us to the other hotel since it was his fault?? He runs inside asks someone and says and is told no..he has to take us back to the airport. So we head back to the airport and call the hotel again and explain what happened and once again the rep says the shuttle is on its way. We waited outside for another 30minutes in 30 degree weather and still no shuttle. My husband calls yet again and the rep says its going to be a while we have people at the casino to pickup. Don't you think it's priority to pick up people at the airport standing outside with all their baggage who have just been taken to the wrong hotel over people leisurely playing at a casino. So the shuttle never did come. we waited until 1230am when we finally took a taxi at our $$ back to the hotel to get our car.. Needless to say this made for a sour end to a great vacation..my family was beyond frusterated at this point so we didn't talk to management at 1am but looking back we should have. Quite the disappointment...

• Stayed February 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Staff was helpful. Walked right passed the restaurant, was a small bar you ate at. The bartender/waiter was very nice. Food and drinks were very expensive Menu in the room was out dated. Breakfast buffet was overpriced. Bed was uncomfortable, had to take the sheet off for the so called adjustable. We turned the knob but it didn’t help. Casino was fun!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kas5579
H13, Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us and give us your feedback regarding your stay. I will follow up with the entire staff to let them know about your trip with us, both the good and the "could be improved". We certainly hope you will travel back and see us soon.