“Hotel Review” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Delta, Pennsylvania
“Hotel Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel and hotel room were very clean. The staff was very helful, friendly, and welcoming. The check in person helped with some suggestions. The breakfast bar had a good variety, and tasted very good. The cook and the waiter were very pleasant.

H13, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. Your feedback is valuable and very much appreciated. I will share your comments with our team and we hope you come back and visit again soon.
Warm Regards,
Dorothy Paez
Hilton Garden Inn
Baltimore/Arundel Mills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
San Diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I have stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills hotel a few times over the past couple years and usually have a nice stay. This 2 night weekend trip Feb 15-17 was very different and to be honest a very big disappointment.

Let me explain our disappointment. On Sat Feb 16th, we left the hotel to run over to Arundel Mills to eat and watch a movie so that the room could be made up. When we returned, we noticed we didn’t have any towels except for the floor towel and a hand towel. So why did housekeeping not replace our towels? We called down and told guest services we didn’t get any towels and they said they would get us towels.

My daughter wanted to go swimming, so we went to the pool to find that there were “no towels” available at the pool as well and the lifeguard said he had called and told housekeeping they were out of towels as well. Since we didn’t have any towels in our room either, my daughter could not go swimming at that time. Can you imagine the disappoint in my daughter after being so excited spending a weekend at a hotel in winter just so that she can play/swim in an indoor pool? Not a good feeling I can assure you. So we went back to our room and watched TV for a while before we went back down to the pool.

After an hour and a half or so, we still haven’t received towels in the room, and my daughter really wanted to go to the pool. On the way down to the pool, we stopped at the front desk and asked why we didn’t get any towels yet. They said they were working on it and would get them to us as soon as possible. This was at 7:30pm. We went to the pool and there were still no towels at the pool as well. My daughter was about to cry and I told her to go in and play/swim in the pool. My wife went up to the room to get t-shirts so that my daughter could dry off after here time in the pool. Do you know how sad that is to have to resort to using our clothes to dry off?

At 10:30pm, I went back down to the front desk to ask why we still didn’t have any towels in our room. My daughter smelled like chlorine and we needed towels to take a shower. The Front Desk person again assured me that they would bring towels up within the hour. I stayed up waiting for the towels and by “Midnight”, they were still not brought up. I called downstairs again to Guest Services. Apparently a shift change happened and the person working up front didn’t know of our request for towels. What kind of communication system do they have during shift change? She assured me that she would get us towels as soon as possible. Finally at 12:35am, I heard a knock on the door and our towels had arrived along with the tissues my wife had called down for earlier in the day.

This was not a very happy trip for anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our second stay in a short while at this hotel, as I had outpatient surgery nearby. The room was very comfortable and spacious. The kitchenette was well equipped. The internet worked well (not a common experience in hotels). There is a nice HD TV with accessibly hookups if you are travelling and wanted to bring your own DVD/blu-ray/video game system.
The hotel lobby is nice and very clean. Breakfast was typical hotel fare but done correctly and with a nice dining area. We did not get to try the offered dinners. The room was quiet. AC and heat worked well.
The hotel was very pet-friendly, and had adequate walking areas that were well-lit at night.
We actually looked forward to staying there the second time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice hotel to stay in for the price! Location is 2 mintues away from the nearest attractions but is not congested with traffic. Hotel room was nice and clean with very comfortable bed, comforter and sheets. The bathroom consisted of a nice and spacious stand up shower with glass folding doors. Defenantly a fine establishment that we will revisit!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mountain View, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked at this motel because we had a late-arriving flight into BWI.

Given the odd room configuration, pricey breakfast, and very limited pool hours, I would not stay here again.

1. when the bathroom door is open it completely blocks access to the room door and to the closet on the opposite wall

2. the clear-glass enclosed shower stall is across from the mirror-covered wall over the sink. there is no shower curtain, so no one else can use the sink when you're in the shower, plus you have a good view of yourself naked while you shower...which may have been fun when I was young and slim but it not an enjoyable view now, lol!

3. the towel rack is on the back wall inside the shower stall, one hook on the door, a big piece of artwork over the toilet where a rack would usually be. where to hang your towel? no shower curtain rod as the shower door goes to the ceiling.

4. the beautiful, heated indoor pool is only open from 4pm till 9pm. what they heck? what if you'd like to swim for exercise in the morning? or just want to take your kids swimming?

5. the only breakfast available was $10 and it wasn't clear if it's a buffet or one plate. $40 for family breakfast? went to the McDonald's down the street.

6. they couldn't give us a paper receipt because we booked through a travel site, and because their printer wasn't working.

1 Thank Robin I
H13, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our property. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience and again we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. We would love another chance to provide you and your family with a great stay.
Bloemond
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is very well located close to BWI and Car Rental Center. Roomy suites with great beds. Friendly staff and complementary breakfast included. Even complementary dinner is served during weekdays. Close to Arundel Mills Mall and many restaurants. Highly recommended to all travelers and is pet friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

When we arrived to the Hotel at approximately 3:00 p.m. we were told that our room was not cleaned yet! We look around and realized that we were not the only ones waiting. There were roughly 15-20 other people waiting on their rooms as well. at about 4:30 p.m. we spoke with one group that had requested an early check-in online and were still waiting as well. We witnessed another couple whose reservation was completely lost even thought they paid in advance. We decided to take the shuttle service (which was one one the only positives) over to the mall while we waited on our room. We finally received a call that our room was ready at 6:45 p.m. (3 hours and 45 minutes later)! Frank, the front desk attendant was very polite and apologetic during the whole ordeal. When he called to check the status of our room from house keep a VERY RUDE gentleman told him (over the walkie talkie) that he would call him when it was ready and not to call back again. When we eventually were able to go to our room the was an overwhelming smell when we opened the door and our freezer smelled strongly of something like spoiled milk. We asked to speak with a manager and were told that the manager was not in and would not be in until Monday morning. I then called the corporate office and spoke to a woman who was not polite and offered to apologized instead told us it looked like the hotel had a full house the night before and were behind on cleaning the rooms. When I advised her that, that was just unacceptable she said "Ma'am they are cleaning it as fast as they can they were just really busy the prior night" She never offered any compensation or apologies instead told us we needed to speak with the hotel manager on Monday. I asked to speak to her manager who was not in the office as well, so I left a voicemail for her to call me back however, I have not heard a word yet! When we woke up the next morning I decided to check out my online bank account I noticed an additional $50.00 charge had been placed the day before on my account but I was told nothing of this and received to statement of what the fee may have been for! THIS WAS THE WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD! I am a Hilton Honors member and have always stayed at Hilton hotels in the past but I am seriously think of switching over to Marriot after this whole nightmare. I would not feel this way but the lack of caring on the hotel and corporate office has me very upset.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vanessa S, Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us today to let us know about your experience. I do apologize for the mishaps during your stay with us. I have shared with the staff how we can better handle the situation in the future. I certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.