“It's a Hilton Garden Inn. That's a good thing.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills

Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Hanover
Hollywood, MD
“It's a Hilton Garden Inn. That's a good thing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I purposely stay at HGI if there's one in the area. They're predictably comfortable, adequately serviced and staffed, and consistent across the board. Not many surprises. The staff at HGI Arundel in Hanover are extremely courteous, professional, and attentive. The hotel is starting to feel older than it is though, and that's disappointing. A freak empty coffee service greeted me, there was no extra blanket (I look for and use one if it's there, usually is), and there was some kind of equipment noise outside that did not quit. The staff was right on it bringing up cups and coffee, so kudos there. I got a half decent night's sleep, and was up early for my lecture the next day. First to breakfast, and the wait and kitchen staff were eager to serve. Got my day started very nicely. I won't avoid this HGI, but I will check out the options in the area. Summary: This was a really good deal for what I paid, but not my best night's sleep. This visit scores an A-.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front of the hotel may be quieter. Bright lights are on all night though, as it's n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
H13, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Arundel Mills. Please accept my apologies that the housekeeping staff overlooked the coffee station in your room prior to your arrival. I have shared your comments with the housekeeper and the rest of the Garden Inn team - your feedback is valuable to us and we appreciate your taking the time out of your busy schedule to recommend our hotel.
Dorothy Paez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I gave it five stars as it was inexpensive, the staff was very attentive, and the food was good. We only stayed one night but I will definitely use them again as the desk clerk made sure we had a shuttle to and from the mall and everything in the room was very clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
H13, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments regarding your stay with us. I will be sure to share them with the team. We look forward to holding you to your promise to return to us...and we hope it will be soon.
General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel more than once. The location and shuttle to and from the casino are a consideration in my decision to stay here. The rooms are alsway clean and the bed is very comfortable. Would def stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Albany NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I recently spent two nights here. Overall, the stay was good. I would stay here again, but I would also look at my other options before making a decision.

We are very familiar with the area and often stay at the Holiday Inn Express. I like that the hotel is close to Arundel Mills, but away from all of the traffic associated with staying on that side of Route 100. It is also good for going the back way to the BWI rental car facility.

We chose this holel because it offered a package with early check in. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived (we had called the night before), but we were really early. We ate breakfast and checked in. Everyone working at the hotel was friendly. The public spaces we were in were very clean.

Breakfast at the hotel is $10/person for all you can eat. They will make you omelets, pancakes and waffles. We ate breakfast twice. The second time the fruit selection was sad, but overall it was okay. Besides the food they will make for you, there are other hot options available.

We had a few hiccups during our stay. When we checked in, we did not receive the breakfast coupons that came with our package. We also didn't receive any information about the bottle of wine/cider that was part of our package. My husband checked at the desk the first night and received both of those things.

The other hiccup was the second day, housekeeping did not leave us any towels. We had to go down and get those.

Likes:
-- Friendly employees
-- Location
-- Nice overall hotel

Dislikes:
-- Teeny, tiny bathrooms
-- We heard a lot of noise from the hallways and from room to room (ask for a room away from the elevators)

We would stay here again if the price was right.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The front desk clerk Brooklyn was the best. I love the bartender Ro she is such a happy person and the lifeguard Neishja my kids LOVE HER they said she needs to be at every pool they go to. The rooms are very clean and the service is out of this world. This has to be the Hilton's best kept secret

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
H13, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks about your stay with us. I have shared your comments with Brooklyn, Ro and Neishja as well as the rest of the staff. We do hope to see you again very soon.
Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Excellent check in with a smile and extra service by staff member Brooklyn. Room was nice and tidy with comfortable bed. Room and bath were a little small but serviceable. Good location close to the highway for good access to Baltimore or DC. Also close to a large mall, car rental center and BWI airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ComeflywithmeFlorida
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I checked into this room late and tired. As I stepped through the entrance, I was enthusiastically greeted by the desk clerk. The clerk was friendly and personable without being over-the-top. I got the feeling that I was genuinely welcomed at that hotel and the clerk was not just following some training manual. The room was clean, well decorated and the internet service worked very well. I enjoyed my stay here and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business