WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Live! Lofts

Live! Lofts
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Texas
“Not what I expected from Hilton”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

The service is great and very helpful, and the lower level is what I expect when checking into a Hilton property. It was the room that was a disappointment, the bathroom had a very musty/moldy smell and tile in shower had mold in it. There are many hotels to stay in around this area and will be using the other "hilton honors" property in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Saint Cloud, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I use HGI's a lot ! They're my go to choice when on the road.

This hotel seems fairly new, but missed my expectations on a few levels.

When checking in, the two desk attendants seemed more interested in chatting to a fellow resident who was trying to work his charm on them. When I needed heat during the night, I found out that the system in my room was not working. Woke early for breakfast and was 'told' by the server, at 6.40am, that the buffet was not open yet (It looked fine to me), when it should have been ready for 6.30am. I didn't like the bed, can't tell you why, but it just didn't feel comfortable. And what is it with these small pillows ! ? so small that if you roll over, your head falls off the pillow ! And, the decor in the corridors, in my humble opinion, is horrible, a sort of nicotine/pee colored wallpaper !

It wasn't a complete disaster, but I'll certainly try somewhere else next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Patrick M, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel. I apologize that you did not have the experience that our hotel promotes.
Please let me assure you that we take these comments very seriously and I will make sure that everything that affected your stay will be addressed and corrected.
We appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. I hope that you???ll give us another try!

McDonough, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Talk about accommodating. I arrived shortly after the restaurant closed down and they reopened it just to make us dinner! The staff were very friendly and my room was very comfortable and in great proximity to my business meeting. Wish I could have spent a little more time exploring the area but I will be back again soon and will get to enjoy the area and the property more.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

asf1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel is great. Let me state that first and foremost. My GPS put me a block away, but when I saw the tall building splashed in lights, I knew where I needed to go. Damn Garmin! One side of the building is Homewood Suites, the other side is Garden Inn. Sorry, but at night I could not tell which side of the building housed which hotel. I unfortunately chose the Garden Inn side. BUT the front desk person was terrific. He had another associate bring me to the Homewood Suites side. THIS IS CUSTOMER SERVICE BABY! Check in was fast.

The room was immaculate, and large. And as a lover of coooool rooms, I was able to lower the thermostat to about 65 degrees. Yeah, even in October. I hate to admit it, I got so cold I had to raise the temp. Having stayed at many Hilton proerties, this is only the 2nd time (first was at Embassy Suites Biltmore in Phoenix) the thermostat allowed me to get the temp so low. Thanks Homewood!

Now, the food was something else. I had eggs for breakfast - but you could tell they were powdered. Yes, there were great alternatives - waffles, hot and cold cereal... but I just wanted some decent eggs. But the eating area was large, quiet, and service there was excellent.

Arundel Mills is about half an hour outside of DC - great location - and they have a great mall nearby. But this hotel was super...

Room Tip: I always stay away from the elevator bank...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael H, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. We are working with the State of Maryland to improve our visibility from the road, and also additional highway signage. You have some great recommendations. We also have parking lot signage to assist guests on which side to go on.
Again, thank you for this feedback, and we hope to see you again. God Bless,

Best Regards,

Michael Harold
Eastport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Michael and your Wonderful Staff....first thank you very much for the wonderful stay my family and I have experienced at our home away from home. My family was home from overseas and I got to stay with them at your home (Homewood Suites) for a week (this was not our first stay) Last year and this year was such a pleasant experience...the staff and your dining personnel were always so friendly and enjoyable....I bonded with the girls in the kitchen like they were my own family....It's not easy having a 2 year old (I think you know who I mean) but everyone was so patient with Little Man as I chased him through the lobby...Thank you so much and keep up the great service..God bless and have a wonderful upcoming holiday

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor, end unit and it was great because we had a 2 yr. old and no one (I hope) c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your hotel travel needs. It always brings great pleasure to us to hear great feedback to our hotel. We look forward to haiving you back, take care and have a wonderful thanksgiving.

Sincerrly,

Michael Harold
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We arrive at midnight, and the hostess greeted us w/a smile. I told her that my husband makes me check the room before moving in (due to previous bad experiences), and she said "let me know if you have any concerns". I love it! I went to the 10th floor in a super fast elevator, and stepped out onto plush, upgraded carpeting. When I got to my suite I was pleasantly surprised at the nice, spacious room. The website didn't do it justice, and I hadn't stayed at a Homewood Suites in years.
The excellent:
The service! The front desk staff was helpful, friendly, and hospitable during our entire stay. The breakfast hostess found a box for me so that I could take some breakfast up to my snoozing husband with a friendly smile.
Parts of the room: The suites is a good size: There is a separate kitchen w/ a full-sized refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, microwave & 2-burner stove. There are dishes and silverware in the drawers, and even microwave dishes in the microwave.
There is a FULL SIZE shower and closet (with a safe) in the bathroom, and there are Bath & Body Works shampoo, conditioner and Lotion! There is also a ceiling fan over the very comfortable bed. Our room had a beautiful view, and the surroundings were great.
The location: Just 1/2 mile from a very large mall, complete with a NONSMOKING CASINO!!!
The mediocre:
The free breakfast. It was standard fare (for the most part), like you'd find in Hampton Inns. There were upgraded dishes (like a quiche one day) and a spinach/egg scramble another, but when you come down later, it's gone and they don't replace it. And, one day there was no meat, while the second day there was a tasteless sausage. A good microwave bacon would have been greatly appreciated.
The strange:
The only place to hang your towels in the bathroom is inside the shower, which makes them a little moist for reuse. As large as the bathroom is, there could easily be a shelf placed outside the shower. There is a towel (or robe) hanger on the door, but room for only one.
The blow-dryer is hanging in a bag on the bathroom door (taking up some towel space). It would be much more economical to provide hooks on the wall in the bathroom, and place the blowdryer there. It felt like a waste of space.
Overall, it was a great value w/ a beautiful location. As previous contributors mentioned, it was a little tricky to find the entrance to, but if you know what to look for, you will find it easily. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: I wouldn't hesitate to stay on a high floor, as the elevator is VERY speedy!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael H, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
WOW!!! Thank you thank you thank you - your feedback is extremely welcoming to hear and see. Your attention to detail to the quality of service that we provide is very much appreciated. We love that guests care just as much as we do about hotel, and we are motivated by your enthusiasm as well. Homewood Suites hotels offer a home away from aay experience. As an award winning hotel, we strive on delivering only the best service, and with a smile. If we fail to ever meet your expectations, we are quick to ensure guest satisfaction - as you are a priority to us. Again, thank you for this great feedback, and know that it will truly go a long way. Have a wonderful October, and safe and enjoyable holiday season coming up. We hope to have you back soon.

Best Regards -

Michale Harold
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed 1 night with my girlfriend because we had a wedding to attend in Baltimore. The hotel was clean, staff was very friendly and service was good. Had a bar in the lobby where you could order food and drink while watching TV. The room had a sleep number bed, so you could control the firmness of the mattress. Microwave and fridge in the room was a conveince as well. The only minor problem with the rooom is the bathroom door being too close to the room entrance door. So if you was to open the door to the bathroom, the handle to the door would hit the door to the room leaving marks all over the entrance door. You could see where they repaired the damage before. Might need to put a rubber stopper to prevent that. But all in all its a nice play tp stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrick M, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are extremely happy that you really like our hotel.
We continue to look for ways to improve our service and your feedback helps us greatly.
Please come back soon and see us.