“Very accommodating.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Hanover
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very accommodating.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Staff was very accommodating especially Kasey. Nice and comfortable accommodations and amenities at this location. we were inconvenienced the first night and Kasey upgraded us to a suite and lowered our nightly rate for the remainder of our stay. Will definitely stay here for our next
Visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AlbDrb
Patrick M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Patrick Michael
Complex General Manager
Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites Arundel Mills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed here last year and had a great experience and we stayed there this year and had an equally nice stay. I love the people who work here, they are nice especially if you get into a conversation with them. The room was fine, everything was fine. Great location. Go stay here if you need a hotel in the area!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
North Myrtle Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a trip to visit family and will never stay again. Although it was convenient, we had the worst experience and worst service. First, my husband forgot his toothbrush. Most hotels give you a complimentary one to tide you over. Not this hotel. They sent us upstairs to another hotel to buy one, at inflated rates! Then, we asked to be on the top floor or away from families with small children. We were assured that we would have a quiet room. Let's just say that staying underneath the cast of River Dance would have been quieter. We are Hilton Reward members and were treated terribly. Shame on them for such a low level of service..and not a bit of "we're sorry" either. And no free breakfast either!!

Room Tip: Just don't go. That is the best room of all.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Nothing went horribly wrong on this stay, but I was nevertheless extremely disappointed. This hotel didn't even come close to meeting my expectations.

The check in process was not particularly friendly. The staff member wasn't rude, but she wasn't especially welcoming either. Also, I did not find her attire professional. Low-cut pink sweater? At a Hilton? Really? I don't object to a beautiful woman dressing in a sexy fashion, but I think she could save that for her personal time. I expect a black suit from hotel staff at higher end hotel chains. This isn't Motel 6.

The room was a disappointment. I saw on the hotel's website that only some rooms have bathtubs. I specifically requested a bath tub when making my reservation. I know that requests are not guaranteed, but since there was no mention of this request or apology during the check-in, I expected to walk into a room that had a bath tub. It did not. I was annoyed that I didn't even receive an acknowledgement of my request and an apology at the check-in.

The restaurant was an absolute joke. It's not actually a restaurant. It has a bar, and then there are tables. It looks like a restaurant, and during check in, this area was referred to as a restaurant.

So, we sat down at a table, and waited. And waited. And waited. Eventually I went up to the bar and asked for some menus. The staff seemed surprised that we were sitting down to eat, and then sent someone over with menus. Our server was a friendly woman, but it seemed like she had never served a table in her life. We were very polite and friendly with her, since it was clear she had no idea what she was doing. It's not her fault - this is a problem with the training, which is a problem with the management.

She brought us the wrong wine, she brought us the wrong food order. I had to specifically ask for water. She brought the water accompanied by straws. Okay...

When I asked for the wine list, she came back with a grubby piece of paper and said "um, this is what they gave me." It was a real wine list with several options. Why it wasn't on a fresh piece of paper, or in the menu, I don't know. And her delivery was certainly lacking - "um, this is what they gave me."

The food itself was fine. Not great, but not terrible. The wine was ok. I didn't bother sending back the wrong bottle and asking for the right one. The prices were all similar and I felt bad for our server at this point. She was quite flustered. Honestly, it truly seemed like she had never done this before, and someone just thrust her out to serve us because she was the only staff member around. If she had received proper training, she could have done a very good job, because she was certainly friendly and polite.

Throughout the stay the cleaning staff and shuttle driver referred to us as "y'all" and "folks". I appreciate the friendly manner, but I am a guest at a hotel. I want to feel like a respected guest, not a "buddy" of the staff. I expect more professionalism in conversation.

All in all, this hotel is a mess. There is obviously a major problem with the training and the management. I would not stay here again. I wish now that I had just stayed in some random lower end hotel for half the price. It probably would have provided a similar (or even better?) experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

It was a decent experience overall my only complaints would be the indoor pool was a little cold and housekeeping wasn't totally on the ball. One day they has taken all our used bath towels and didn't replace them. Then we had to wait half an hour for someone to bring up more when they did I had requested 3 but they only brought 2. My 11 year old son had to dry off with a hand towel

• Stayed February 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

This was a weekend stay for business 2/3-2/5. Overall this is a standard HGI that shares space with a Homewood Suites. The front desk service was very prompt, and the bar/restaurant had standard HGI fare. This hotel is right next to the Arundel Mills Mall and provides shuttle service within a five mile radius. I have stayed in several hotels in this general area, and would consider this HGI one of the nicest - especially if you can catch a good discounted rate. If not, it is on the higher end of the HGI price scale. The only negative I can mention is the internet service. It works, but is significantly slow, and drops connection on occasion. I found that the 3G service on my smart phone was actually faster than the wireless service in my room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

The hotel itself appears to be relatively new, which is nice compared to some of the older hotels near BWI. I agree with some of the other reviewers that it's a bit confusing since both the Garden Inn and Homewood Suites are in the same building, but the staff does steer you in the right direction if you get it wrong.

The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean and quiet, which is really all I can ask for on business-other than a fitness center-whichn, in this case is about average. There are local gyms nearby.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business