“Good location, good value for the $$$”
Review of Live! Lofts

Live! Lofts
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Good location, good value for the $$$”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Nice location, literally less than 3 mins from the car rental facility at BWI.

Complimentary breakfast coupons would've been nice. When I stayed at the Doubletree they provided me coupons the entire stay for their breakfast buffet (free)

Beds are rather comfy, have a soft/firmness adjustment dial.

TV operation is sluggish. No Pay movies or game rental.

Maid staff wasn't exactly consistent in their timing or their supply replenishment. I.e. some days they wouldn't leave any soaps/shampoos..and they were always leaving me Decaf coffee rather than regular. Service times varied from before lunch till sometimes as late as 5 pm.

2 washers/Dryers on site for guest use at $1 each

A slight con is the location of a fire station about a block away, that at times can get noisy at all hours of the night for obvious reasons. Firetrucks/ambulances coming and going, as well as noise from the airplanes.

There's a Denny's restaurant behind the hotel, adjacent to the Holiday Inn Express.

Just a few mins from the Arundel Mills Mall, lots of fast food eateries...Safeway Grocery, McDonalds, Golden Corral, Potbelly's, Subway, Chick-Fil-A, Staples, Dollar-Tree, Starbucks, Chipotle, Panera Bread, Wal-mart, Costco, Dunkin Donuts.

Overall not a bad stay at all.

Room Tip: South side facing rooms are probably quieter due to close proximity to fire station
Kory D, Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Arundel Mills! We pride ourselves on a great stay experience, and are very pleased that you found our accommodations "nice."

Thank you for your feedback about the issues you had with housekeeping regarding replenishing amenities. This is not the standard we hold ourselves to , I apologize. We always try to determine what spceific needs our guests require. and once again, I want to thank you for staying with us .

Next time you’re in the Hanover, MD area, I hope you’ll be our guest and give us an opportunity to "WOW" you!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if i can be of any assistance.

Kory Davis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
new jersey
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Very nice beautiful hotel. Stayed 12 days and definitely would stay again. A very nice breakfast buffett with omelets cooked even eggbeaters taste great. A very nice restaurant for dinner but many restaurants in the area. Only con was if you want a great cup of coffee inyour room bring your own coffee and pot and bottled water. Fist day coffee pot was broken but even with a new pot the coffee was lousy also little details like no hair dryer in room.

Room Tip: If you would like a bath tub request room with tub .My room only had a shower which was fine with me...
Kory D, Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Your kind and gracious comments regarding the Hotel facilities and the service you received are greatly appreciated. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with our team. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services.
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I had to make a quick trip to Maryland and made a reservation on-line with one of those sites that does not reveal the name of the hotel until after you book the reservation. All I knew it was a 3 star hotel. Well it turned out that I would rate this hotel higher than 3 stars (it is as nice as most 4 star hotels that I have stayed at), it was attractively decorated, impeccably clean, the room was well designed and comfortably furnished, the staff was delightful, the location was very convenient and I got a great deal for my one night stay. I will stay here again when I am in the area, it is also close to TImbuktu the home of some of the best crab cakes in Maryland.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Kory D, Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Your kind and gracious comments regarding the Hotel facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from the entire staff are greatly appreciated. Indeed they are all true service oriented professionals. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with them.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Upon arriving at the Homewood Suites, I knew I made the right decision on where to stay while going through my treatments at John Hopkins. I was immediately greeted with a smiling, friendly staff, and the GM. Check-in was hassle free, and quick compared to most. Housekeeping was very fast and efficient. Complimentary breakfast was great. Rooms were in EXCELLENT condition. Only problem was I had to leave!!! Great job you guys. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get at LEAST the 1 Bedroom Suite, 2 BR is the best, but the 1BR is great, too.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Robert P
Michael H, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Robert -

You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your stay memorable, and to see that you are a Hilton Honors Blue Member. We pride on wonderful experiences and fast and friendly service. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Baltimore-Arundel Mills
Reviewed November 12, 2011

5 Star service at a 3 star Hotel. That's how I would sum it up. (without the annoying dorks)

2 Thank Svanderous
Michael H, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you so much for recently staying at our Homewood Suites Baltimore-Arundel Mills. We are very happy that you chose to stay with us; furthermore glad to see everything was memorable. We welcome back to our home anytime. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. have a safe and happy holiday.

Homewood Suites Baltimore-Arundel Mills
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I've stayed in pobably over a hundred hotels in my life. The following is a few comments in bullet point format:

> Staff were among the nicest I've met at a hotel. Not the fake type that you get at expensive hotels (mainly for tips), but just genuinely courteous. Goodmorning, How was your day, that type of thing. But it wasn't to the point where it's annoying.
> Breakfast and dinner is included. Dinner is Mon - Thurs, breakfast is every day. The 'food' staff will make you feel like you're at home. As for the quality of the food, who cares, it's free.
> The rooms were clean, and have been recently renovated. Conveniences of my room, (a single king) include complimentary internet, a stove and microwave, and cieling fans in the bedroom. Granite countertops and big mirrors.
> The cleaning staff do a great job with the room. Attention to detail was evident.
> I don't know what type of coffee they use in the morning, but it is delicious

I would have to really reach to find any negatives. And for the price I paid I don't think it's warranted.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank GotShady
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are excited to hear that you really liked our hotel and all of the wonderful ammenities that we have to offer. Please come back soon and see us and bring your family and friends too.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Baltimore-Arundel Mills
Hanover, Maryland
Forest Grove, Oregon
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I am a Hilton Gold member and often stay at Homewood Suites. This hotel, while fairly new, already has signs of deferred maintenance (for example, flooring in entry and kitchen is raised). I had reserved a smoking room several months in advance and they changed it to non-smoking without notifying me. I just happened to notice this when I got the routine email reminder of my reservation. I called them to find out why I now had a nonsmoking room and was told that they had reduced the number of smoking rooms and mine got changed because of that (of course without my knowing it). Thankfully I just happened to see the error and after calling them directly was able to get a smoking room -- I was on the phone with them for about 30 minutes (often put on hold) to fix this problem. The amenities were not replenished, e.g. no Coffeemate packets or Equal packets were in the room. Evening dinner selections and quality of the food are poor as compared to what I usually get at other Homewood Suites. No trays are available in the food area to take meals to your room. When I asked for a tray they finally found a cardboard box in the kitchen area for me to use as a tray. Other Homewood Suites routinely have trays available. While the staff did respond to my requests in a friendly manner, if the hotel was run like other Homewood Suites I would not have had to make these requests.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your candidness and apologize that we fell short of both your expectations and mine. We will apply your observations to our customer service improvement plan that we are implementing. The number of smoking rooms was reduced, and I was involved in the process to notify those guests who had smoking requests. I apologize if contact was not successful to you. Each Homewood Suites is unique in its own way, and I value that each one has its own personality. I will work with my food and beverage department to ensure that the food and beverage experience that you encountered is not repeated.

We encourage you to return to our location as our goal is to provide a flawless stay. If your travels return you to the Baltimore-Arundel Mills area, please contact me directly at the hotel. We look forward to another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.

General Manager, Baltimore-Arundel Mills