“Horrible Service!!!”
Review of Live! Lofts

Live! Lofts
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband, 7 week old daughter and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend in order to attend a baby shower for a friend. The goal was for my husband to stay witht he baby at the hotel while I went to the shower, so all we really needed was a place to sleep, eat, and take care ofour infant. Needless to say, that was not easily accomplished. Once I left for the shower, my husband put our baby to sleep and then called the front desk for a pizza delivery # so he could order some lunch. The man on the phone said he could come downstairs and get some menus. My husband said he couldnt leave the room because the baby was sleeping, and the person on the other end of the phone hung up on him. He called back and asked if the guy could just give him one phone number and he said no, he had to come downstairs for the menus. This was the start of the stellar customer service.

Next, when I got back from the shower, it was the babys bed time so we needed to bathe her and feed her and get her to bed. I forgot to bring soap to wash the bottles, so I called downstairs and asked if they had a small amount of dishsoap I could use and they told me no. Since there is a restaurant in the hotel, I don't know how they didn't have any dish soap. My guess is that they just don't care about their customers!

After trying to get the baby to sleep for several hours, we decided to watch some TV, but couldn't change the channel without getting up every 2 min because the remote batteries were dead. I called downstairs and asked nicely for some batteries for the remotes. 30 min later no batteries and the baby was asleep. I called down and asked them not to deliver the batteries anymore because I didn't want a knock at the door to wake her and we were just going to go to sleep. That was at 9:30pm.

At midnight, we are awakened by a knock at the door and the hotel staff member says "You ordered a crib?" NO! We didn't order a crib! We brought our own. And we hadn't even called down stairs in hours! We had all JUST FALLEN asleep and then someone decides to screw with us by sending up a crib we never ordered!

On top of all this, the temperature in the room was horrible. It kept going from too hot to too cold. We would turn the thermostate to 75 and the AC would come on and stay on until the room was 30 degrees. We would then getup and turn it up to 76 and it would stay off until the room got to be 90 degrees. We were never comfortable, making sleep even more difficult.

When we went to leave in the AM, we tried to get a luggage cart to carry all our stuff from the room to the car and the front desk said they have 5-6 of them but didn't know where they were. They called several other parts of the hotel but no one knew where the carts were. This wouldn't normally be too big a deal, but my husband pulled a muscle in his back the day before we left and I had to carry the baby. Needless, no hotel staff member offered to help us with our bags at ANY time.

Overall, the decor and cleanliness of the hotel was decent - it should be, its a new hotel. But the service was horrible. It was evident that the staff at this hotel are untrained, undedicated, and uncaring. Horrible! We will never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
GMHGIBAM, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

Dear Ms. Jennyxobu,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire hotel staff about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your business and strive to provide you with the level of service you expect from a Hilton Garden Inn.

I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you a little further mto make it right. Please contact me directly at the hotel on 410-878-7200.

C. Dabi
Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills

There are newer reviews for Live! Lofts

Reviewed July 6, 2011

My mom is confined to a wheelchair. We were given a handicapped room on the 8th floor. We were supposed to move into a 2 bedroom handicapped suite the next day. I requested one and Brandon told us there were none available. We were moved to a smaller suite only to discover that a member of our party who was not handicapped who checked in after us was given the two bedroom handicapped suite on the first floor. Brandon was very pompous, arrogant and rude. We requested service from housekeeping all 3 days and only received it one day. We were told breakfast was served until 11 but at 10:30 all the breakfast had been put away. The hotel is hard to find.

• Stayed: July 2011
HWS-Arundel-Mills-GM, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the Baltimore area we would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed at the Homewood suites recently and found the staff to be unprofessional and unfriendly. I was accused of having a pool party when having family over to visit and had the lights shut off on my family and I while we were in the pool. Even when I was checking out no one even asked how my stay was? I did faxed over a complaint and mailed a copy as well but don't know whether it will be addressed considering when I asked for cooperate number the front desk stated they did not have it.
I was then told i would be transferred to the general managers voice mail and ended up disconnected. I am no stranger to the HIlton and I am surprised this hotel carries the name. This was not a family fun environment

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
HWS-Arundel-Mills-GM, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Mr. Flowers,
The Homewood Suites is committed to providing an upscale hotel experience to extended stay business and family travelers. Unfortunately, when guests show up with more people than are allowed by fire code to stay in one of our suites, we are compelled to intervene due to life safety issues and local ordinances. Your group (that rented 1 room) had over 15 teenage and pre-teen guests in the pool. Unfortunately, this creates concerns for safety of our guests as well as an issue of fairness to the rest of our paying customers. After several requests from the lifeguard and our manager on duty over concerns of proper parental supervision we were forced to step in and compel you to ask the majority of the children to leave. I am sorry that this has led you to believe that we are not a family friendly hotel. We just need to make sure that ALL of our guests are able to enjoy our amenities equally. If you have any questions you may feel free to contact me.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

This is a really nice hotel. I can't believe it.....you certainly wouldn't think so seeing as though it sits so far back in the hills of nowhere. OH! did I mention that its the BACK side of the Hilton???? Very weird. Anywho, It was great. Its so cozy, I felt like I was in my own apartment. It was very clean and the front desk staff of both side were the nicest people ever. The host on my side was Brandon.....I think that was his name......maybe Brenden???......well.....it was something alone those lines. He was amazing! He treated every guest like they were celebs! I love the separation of the bedroom from the living room and kitchen. Its definitely the best hotel near arundel mills.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Having already stayed at a few other hotels featuring a full kitchen and living quarters, I wanted to try something a little bit different. I have never tried the Homewood Suites brand and at the end of my trip, I was not disappointed.

The hotel was a tad difficult to locate at first because of the surrounding shrubbery and trees. The entrance is a little secluded and I ended up going into the Hilton part of the hotel first (Homewood Suites is on the 2nd floor).

The car rental building is also VERY close to the hotel. No need to hunt around and drive long distances to find it. It's practically just down the street! A few blocks away from the hotel is the Arundel Mills mall and is HUGE! (exactly similar to Vaughan Mills mall for those living in Toronto, Canada). If you need to get any shopping done, it is so convenient.

The staff was engaging and friendly. Cudos to the friendly staff serving food or cleaning the plates in the dining area. I loved the small snack meals offered by the hotel during the evening... it's a great way for me to at least curb some hunger after a busy day and to relax.

Upon entering my room, it had a very cozy feeling. I loved the sofa and ottaman.. I just lay back and let my weary feet relax. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. A plus is that the hotel is not located in the vicinity of traffic so it's nice and peaceful.

Minor annoyances -- business center could be improved. Seriously, one desktop computer isn't really enough. Have at least 2 or 3. Also, don't make them so slow... not sure what kind of machine it was but it was SLOW. Other similar hotels provide free printing as well.

I would surely come back again! In fact... I think I have another possibility of coming back to Maryland in a few weeks. This hotel is already penciled in as my first choice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We booked this hotel through Priceline, when we checked in they put us in one of six rooms right above the hotels exhaust fan system. The noise was disturbing all night. Also the coffee service was the worst I've ever seen in all of my years of traveling. The liquid creamer was sour and the coffee tasted bitter and acidy. I won't be staying there in the future. We've had a similar experience with other hotels putting us in unsuitable rooms and it seems they do this if we get the room at a discounted price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Fairly new hotel but customer service seems to be lacking and not up to the usual Hilton standards. On the second day of our stay, my family returned at 9:30pm to our two bedroom suite after being out all day and were surprised to see that housekeeping did not service our room while we were out. I immediately called the front desk and spoke with the front desk representative who displayed what I can only describe as a "so what" attitude. She did not even offer an apology or offer to send housekeeping. Her uncaring and unprofessional attitude certianly did not meet Hilton's and Homewood Suites' promise to make it right. I had to ask for fresh towels which took almost 30 minutes to receive. There was no offer to empty trash or provide any other housekeeping services.

As a Hilton HHonors member for over 20 years and a frequent traveler, I know that not always do things run smoothly and there are oversights but at least it has been my experience that when the hotel has made an error there is usually an apology and a sincere effort to correct the problem and make it right. I, as the customer, shouldn't have to tell the hotel staff that I need housekeeping services and fresh towels when they failed to service the room. When housekeeping did service the room the next day, they did a very poor job in cleaning the room. The floors were not vacuumed, the shower and tub were not cleaned and the kitichen area was not cleaned. It's obvious that housekeeping is not a priority at this hotel and there isn't much oversight of housekeeping. Another issue is the smell of cigarette smoke in the common hallways. We had a non-smoking room; however, it seems the non-smoking rooms are not on a non-smoking floor. The hallways reeked of smoke. I don't understand how a hotel can still offer smoking rooms. Haven't they heard that cigerette smoke is harmful to include second-hand smoke. They just need to make Homewood Suites a smoke free environment like every other hotel. I also sent an email to the hotel manager outlining the problems with housekeeping which has gone unanswered. The accommodations at the hotel are nice hotel but it's really customer service that keeps the customers coming back and I'm not sure I would recommend coming back since there appears to be other hotel choices in the area that probably have better customer service, better attention to housekeeping, and can offer a completely smoke free environment.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jsg712
HWS-Arundel-Mills-GM, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

jsg712 ,

I thought I had replied to this email last week upon returning from the holiday weekend, but I saw this review on Trip Advisor this morning and I wanted to make sure that you got my message. In addition, I wanted to inform you I had refunded one night of your stay due to the shortcomings of our housekeeping and guest service departments. Refunds usually take a few days to process, but you should definitely see the adjustment on your account by now. (my system says that it should have processed at your bank by 6/2, but please check)

While I understand that this does not rectify the problems you experienced at our hotel last weekend, we have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and I felt that in this particular instance that you should not be charged for the day of your stay that these problems occurred.

I agree completely with your email. When members of our staff are presented with service or product failures, it is their response and recovery efforts that measure our success. In your particular instance, our agent failed to take the proper steps to make sure that your problem was rectified promptly. This is obviously not the service culture that we are trying to create and I sincerely apologize for the lack of effort that was taken to correct your problem. I have shared your email with the staff in an effort to continually train our associates and improve upon our services. The exact situation you encountered will be a role-pay exercise in the future. Again, while this does not rectify the problems you encountered, your feedback will be used to improve upon our product and services and to assist in the professional development of our associates.

Thank you again for your feedback and I apologize in the delay of the response. If you do not see the adjustment that I made reflected in your account, please contact me. I hope that we may serve you in the future.

Warm Regards,