My husband, 7 week old daughter and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend in order to attend a baby shower for a friend. The goal was for my husband to stay witht he baby at the hotel while I went to the shower, so all we really needed was a place to sleep, eat, and take care ofour infant. Needless to say, that was not easily accomplished. Once I left for the shower, my husband put our baby to sleep and then called the front desk for a pizza delivery # so he could order some lunch. The man on the phone said he could come downstairs and get some menus. My husband said he couldnt leave the room because the baby was sleeping, and the person on the other end of the phone hung up on him. He called back and asked if the guy could just give him one phone number and he said no, he had to come downstairs for the menus. This was the start of the stellar customer service.
Next, when I got back from the shower, it was the babys bed time so we needed to bathe her and feed her and get her to bed. I forgot to bring soap to wash the bottles, so I called downstairs and asked if they had a small amount of dishsoap I could use and they told me no. Since there is a restaurant in the hotel, I don't know how they didn't have any dish soap. My guess is that they just don't care about their customers!
After trying to get the baby to sleep for several hours, we decided to watch some TV, but couldn't change the channel without getting up every 2 min because the remote batteries were dead. I called downstairs and asked nicely for some batteries for the remotes. 30 min later no batteries and the baby was asleep. I called down and asked them not to deliver the batteries anymore because I didn't want a knock at the door to wake her and we were just going to go to sleep. That was at 9:30pm.
At midnight, we are awakened by a knock at the door and the hotel staff member says "You ordered a crib?" NO! We didn't order a crib! We brought our own. And we hadn't even called down stairs in hours! We had all JUST FALLEN asleep and then someone decides to screw with us by sending up a crib we never ordered!
On top of all this, the temperature in the room was horrible. It kept going from too hot to too cold. We would turn the thermostate to 75 and the AC would come on and stay on until the room was 30 degrees. We would then getup and turn it up to 76 and it would stay off until the room got to be 90 degrees. We were never comfortable, making sleep even more difficult.
When we went to leave in the AM, we tried to get a luggage cart to carry all our stuff from the room to the car and the front desk said they have 5-6 of them but didn't know where they were. They called several other parts of the hotel but no one knew where the carts were. This wouldn't normally be too big a deal, but my husband pulled a muscle in his back the day before we left and I had to carry the baby. Needless, no hotel staff member offered to help us with our bags at ANY time.
Overall, the decor and cleanliness of the hotel was decent - it should be, its a new hotel. But the service was horrible. It was evident that the staff at this hotel are untrained, undedicated, and uncaring. Horrible! We will never stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live it up at Live! Lofts. One of the premier hotel locales in the BWI (Baltimore, Washington) Corridor located in Hanover, Maryland. Just minutes from Live! Casino, this 250-room hotel, which includes 100 suites, indulges you with free wi-fi, a heated pool and jet spa, laundry and dry cleaning service, and so much more. Get revved up at the fully-equipped fitness center, then after a day of gaming, shopping or business meetings, linger over custom cocktails in The Lounge. Let the chefs at The Grill whip up breakfast or dinner or enjoy room service in your room or suite. The complimentary services offered at the Business Center let you take care of business around-the-clock. If you drive, you’ll appreciate the free parking or take advantage of the no-cost shuttle with service to and from Live! Casino, Arundel Mills Mall, the BWI Airport and Amtrak. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Live! Lofts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Hilton Garden Inn Hanover