“Wow! location, location loca....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport

TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Hanover
Littleton, North Carolina
“Wow! location, location loca....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

this is actually inside Arrundell Mills Mall and the Casino Live! we were greeted and registered by Makeda friendly, efficient. at 4 in the morning I came down to see if they had a charger in lost and found I could borrow and Melissa was kind enough to hunt one down. Vanessa wound up this trifecta, checking in my grand kiddies who arrived a day later. the hotel is clean, the staff is top notch and you can't beat the location. this wonderful staff had me at "hello" - don't forget to ask for your Maryland Live coupons for the casino! Ka Ching! (:

Room Tip: they have sofa beds but when you open them up they are flush with the bed and you have to jump over...
1 Thank NELLIE V
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Nellie V,

It is so nice to hear that you found everything you wanted in our location. The Casino is a nice addition to the area for entertainment. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hosting your next visit when travelling back to Baltimore.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This has to be one of the top 2 hotels for cleanliness & comfort I have ever stayed at. Check in is fast and pleasant with clerks who are willing to offer assistance with the area. The exterior of this property is well manicured & kept clean. Our room was a decent size, not huge but well thought out to maximize the space. In the room was a small kitchen stocked with dishes, utensils, a few pots and pans, glasses, coffee maker & coffee. The bed was very comfortable with crisp clean linens. The bathroom was very very clean and the towels were soft & large. I am happy to say that this room had not one thing I could complain about. Everything was clean even behind furniture which I had to move a piece, because my phone charger fell behind. Breakfast was complimentary with our "Stay park & fly package" Breakfast offerings were freshly made waffles (by you) scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, bagels, muffins, toast, juice & coffee. Marriott never lets us down and this was a great choice for us. I will highly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: We were in room 216, I am a light sleeper but never was woken by planes from the nearby BWI
Solaris1,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent visit. We are glad you were able to find value in the park and fly package that we offer. We love to hear positive feedback and will share your comments with our team. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here with my family for four nights on vacation. The hotel was as expected and the location was convenient to the mall and casino. My only complaint was that housekeeping started cleaning too early. At 8:00 in the morning housekeeping was already tapping their entry cards on my door to get in. This even occurred on the day I was checking out, a day in which I feel they should have been able to wait until after I actually checked out. One day I did end up putting a do not disturb sign so I could sleep in until a more reasonable 8:30, but my sleep was still disturbed since I could hear them tap tapping and yelling "housekeeping!" in nearby rooms. Most hotels I have stayed at usually don't make their rounds until 10:00 or so.

• 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Erica H
Doug354, Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at our hotel. You indicated in your response that the housekeeping department starting cleaning too early and this disrupted your rest. During the week the housekeeping department starts cleaning rooms after 9:30 am and on the weekend they start after 10 am.

I certainly understand wanting to sleep in a little later while on vacation and I apologize that you were unable to do this. I have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping team and they apologize for disturbing you. We value you as a customer and we hope to see you again.

Regards,
Vernon, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel was in a very good location - quick walking distance to the shops, restaurants, and entertainment at Arundel Mills & Casino. That was excellent. Apparently the shuttle will take you there as well.

The room was pretty good. Full kitchen amenities in each room. Generally clean, but in my friend's room there appeared to be a lot of food splatter (hope it was good!) on the living room wall.

Gym was nice. A bit crowded, but good machines in working order that looked relatively new.

Breakfast was good. I didn't try it, but they had various food available in the evenings as well.

Most staff was very friendly. I wasn't pleased with the check-in experience (although it wasn't a huge deal - just not the best customer service). I was staying with a group (multiple rooms). The two people ahead of me were checked in right away (and upgraded) but I was told my room would be a 1/2 hour wait. That would've been fine if the person who came in after me (with the same room type) wasn't automatically given a room. Speaking to family in the hotel business, the proper thing to do would have been to check me in to a room of my type that was available rather than waiting for a specific room # when some were ready.

Overall, pretty good stay. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: For some reason the fourth floor smelled really bad! Hopefully that's fixed.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
311Kim,

We are glad you took the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate the positive comments on your recent visit. We do typically assign rooms based on requests and I will share your thoughts with the staff. We look forward to having you visit again soon.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I absolutely loved staying at this hotel. It is close to EVERYTHING! most within walking distance. They even have a shuttle that can take you wherever in the vicinity. You can walk to the casino, Arundel Mills Mall, movie theater, lots of food options of most chains. The staff were easy and pleasant to deal with. The rooms were spacious suite style, so you can do your cooking. I had a conventional oven which was awesome although I didn't get to use it. They have a happy hour reception during the week. The breakfast was hot & cold items. They have a pool! Free parking. Next time I am in the area I will consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the Arundel Mills area. Thanks for choosing the TownePlace Suites, please visit us again when returning to the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well situated, the staff is friendly and overall this is a great home away from home. I was there with my husband and 4 month old. There are parks and running trails within driving distance and the shopping mall is a 3 minute walk. There are many great restaurants nearby and the hotel food is pretty good too. The gym is quite small though..and missing the 10lb weights.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Veronique L,

Thank you the staying with us at TownePlace Suites, we are gald that you and your family enjoyed the hotel and had time to see some of the surrounding area. Thanks for letting us know about the missing weights so we can get them replaced. Hope to see you next that you are in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I really love this hotel , we stayed with my husband one night for a convention , the place was clean , a little slow when you check in but was ok!! Very nice room, we sleep like we were home!!! The breakfast was pretty decent, i think management should include more things on the buffet like fresh eggs, and of course bacon . Really good the pancakes with bluberry , one of the receptionist were very polite with us ! The check out was quick!!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Punalea
Dear Punaiea,

Thank you for your kind words we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Just to let you and other know we do offer eggs and bacon on a rotation. We try to serve something different everyday, thanks for the comment it is helpful and sorry you missed out on the bacon and eggs.
Please visit again when your in the area.