Tripadvisor
Hancock
Post
Inbox
Search

“Very cool and interesting place!”

Buddylou's Eats Drinks & Antiques
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Hancock
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Casual but elegant, rustic yet refined, country and still upscale...Come and enjoy a place where you can eat, drink and stay awhile! Brand new is SOFT ICE CREAM is served under the deck right next to the Western MD Rail Trail!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a fun spot for friends, couples, family, etc. It's a very unique hangout with a restaurant, bar, and even a cute antiques shop! We always have a great time here. The food is good and reasonably priced, but we noticed that sometimes the dishes appear to have been pre-made and re-heated, and on an off night this can lead to an item or two being undercooked.

Hot waitresses. She was kinda a snob about not taking the $150 tip I tried to leave her, but I respect her dignity and her choice to not go off with a random couple that happens to be their customers. Really poor taste on our part, now that I think about it.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (471)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just had lunch here with my husband, on our way back to Baltimore. Homemade soups (cream of crab and beef vegetable) were delicious. Duck salad was awesome. Best cheeseburger I’ve had in a while. House-made chips and pork rinds were exceptional. Staff was very friendly and attentive. An unexpected treat! I highly recommend.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

Decided to stop at Buddylou's for dinner while enroute to PA based on TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed! Tabitha was our server and outstanding. Ask her for her last name if your lucky enough to get her...you will laugh. We ordered Chicken Fried Chicken and a Rueben split between the wife and I...Both of which were mouth watering comfort food that made you want more...and we did. Apple crisp for dessert! Btw. Son had wings and said they were awesome....we will return!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 28, 2019

So we're not local, but we eat at Buddylou's when we're in town. We love the quirky atmosphere and decor. However, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth after today's visit, and I don't think we'll be back.

Our family of four arrived about 3:15 or 3:30 p.m. We were given lunch menus, and ordered three lunch entrees, one kids meal, and a round of drinks (alcohol for the adults). The waitress's attempts to upsell were sneaky and not appreciated. For example, she asked my 10 year old "with fries, right?"after ordering a burger (home made chips and pork rinds are standard, fries are an extra $2). When I ordered a spinach salad, she repeated back to me, "So, that's a spinach salad with chicken...." Chicken, of course, is an extra charge. There were several other instances of what I consider a sneaky attempt to upsell us. And to top it off, after we left, I realized I was charged the dinner price for my salad, which is a few dollars higher than the lunch price. Now, I have no idea if the portion sizes are different, but because we were only given lunch menus and not given the opportunity to order dinner (which is what my husband really wanted) I feel I should have been charged the price listed on the lunch menu.

I have to say the bloody mary was good, as was the rest of our food, but not good enough to make me want to go back after today. There are plenty of other restaurants out there that don't make me feel like I need to be on my guard and worried about unintended upcharges while trying to enjoy a meal.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

I ordered crab cakes. My friend ordered duck. Both were delicious! Roasted maple Brussels sprouts w/ bacon and apples and the roasted veggies are yummy too

Date of visit: December 2019

Been to Buddylou's Eats Drinks & Antiques? Share your experiences!