“Seriously???”

Potomac River Grill
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Hancock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Homestyle food featuring hormone and injection free beef. Menu ranges from appetizers to meals and desserts. All food prepared on premises.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Wow. Can't believe we ate at the same restauant as other reviewers!

Let me start with the "home made lemonade". Silly me, for $2, I expected lemons (not bottled lemon juice).

My hamburger was okay, but I suggest they start using a vidalia or sweet onion, instead of the way-too-strong red onion. And, honestly, I expect more than a half-slice of cucumber with a $7 hamburger. Would it hurt to throw a handful of fries on the plate???

My husband ordered the special -- prime rib. Overcooked. Food Service grade coleslaw and mushy lima beans on the side.

I wish Hancock had a good restaurant. We'll keep driving to Berkeley Springs.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I don't order hamburgers very often, but since a previous poster recommended it, I decided to give it a try, and was not disappointed. Medium rare, on a ciabatta bun, it was a 5 napkin burger! The 50's diner atmosphere was fun. But there is room for improvement. The hand cut french fries could have been wonderful, but they arrived greasy and limp, almost inedible. And there were tiny little ants on the table, which should be attended to at once!

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

After reviewing several restaurants in the northern Maryland area, we decided on the Potomac River Grill. It's an immaculate, quaint little diner. I had the pulled pork platter with sweet potato fries and buttered lima beans. I had my choice of three different sauces. Delicious! My plate was overflowing with food. Great value too. My guest had the half slab of ribs, which was very good too. We ended our meal with a piece of homemade cherry pie. Yum!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Enjoyed the RIBs, very tasty with great cornbread.
Entering and exiting can be difficult/parking is limited & tight.
Servers do a great job at meeting the customers neeeds and seem to really enjoy serving. Worth the trip out of Berkley Springs

Reviewed August 26, 2012

While traveling back home, we wanted to stop at a place that is not your typical chain, so we stopped here. A nice little place! Charming atmosphere and friendly staff! Very clean place! And as far as the food, we had some yummy ribs, chicken, sliders, fries, Mac and cheese. You won't be disappointed!! Pretty inexpensive!

Been to Potomac River Grill? Share your experiences!