“Needs Some Work”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hancock
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“Needs Some Work”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

After looking up hotels online my husband booked this place because he saw that they had a room with a jacuzzi. The outside was pretty run down, room itself was clean but the wallpaper was peeling off the walls and it had a horrible musty smell. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice about it and took us to the smoking room which had a worse smell, smokey and musty. He then offered to spray the room with air freshener to see if that would help with the smell. We actually went down the road found another hotel then went back to advise due to the condintion of the room it was not acceptable and we would not be staying. We are now waiting for our refund.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was passing through and my car broke down and this was the closest hotel. I arrived around middnight tired and fustrated trying to figure out how to get home. I asked about availability and the girl( I think her name was angie something like that)was very rude started ripping up papers and rolling her eyes and complaining about having to start all over she gave me a room that was smelly she was very rude, cursing...if I had not needed to be their I would have walked out. I asked her about local rental car agencies and mechanics and she said she could not help me with anything but a room and walked away...I will NEVER stay here again and I will make sure NO ONE I know ever will either...completely unaccepitable!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Hancock hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 30, 2012

For a cheap hotel, I guess I wasn't expecting glamour and luxury, so the level of cleanliness was not as upsetting as the crib they provided for our baby. It looked like a hospital crib from the 1960's and violated current two SIDS safety standards: The "mattress" was way too soft, and it was too small for the crib itself, leaving huge gaps in between its edges and the sides of the crib. The staff suggested stuffing blankets in the sides, but as far as I know, this is also a safety issue and can increase risk of suffocation. As a result, our baby slept in our bed and nobody got any sleep. This is a huge problem.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had stayed in this hotel once previously and it wasn't spectacular but the service was ok and the rate was good. But this time we called ahead and asked if there were rooms available at the advertised price of 39 dollars the woman at the desk said yes. ( we had a coupon for the room rate to be 39 dollars "everyday"). When we pulled in and again asked for a room the woman said that she would not honor the coupon and the room would be 69.99, the classic bate and switch. When my husband went in to talk to the woman there was another customer asking for the coupon rate. The woman behind the desk refused her as well and was rude about it. We will never stay there again

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank scook1230
Caledonia, MI
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed on the outside upstairs room. First bad thing was trying to get the door open. It took two tries with keycard and trip down to the office each time. Third time they gave us key to the room next door, we couldn't get that one open either, on the forth trip down to the office they came up and helped us open it. The door was a bit tight to open and close also. Room looked ok, but was very small and crowded with too much furniture. Where the new paper was peeling there was black mold underneath. Morning coffee was not hot and Wifi only works in certain rooms close to office, of which ours was not.

Room Tip: Inside rooms might be better,
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank k W
Marietta
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on a Saturday night in November. This motel is located near the I-70/I-68 split, and it's on the edge of Hancock in a quiet area with no traffic noise. Check in was quick, and the room was spacious and spotless with an efficient heating/cooling unit. Fridge and microwave in room. King bed was comfortable. Breakfast includes juice, coffee (strong!), muffins, bagels, cereal, etc.

Check out Weaver's Restaurant and Bakery in downtown Hancock. We got there at literally 5 minutes to closing on Saturday night, but the staff treated us just fine and we enjoyed a good meal without being rushed. It's a "home cooking" place with a pretty comprehensive menu and good desserts.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are away from parking area.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stopped here on a cross country drive. Check in staff helpful, room was spartan and clean but needed a little work ( caulking in the bathroom etc) . Nice coffee maker for this level of motel and a full size refrigerator in the room. Complimentary breakfast provided but I didnt sample it as we left early and were seeking a Hardees biscuit breakfast!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hancock
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Hancock
Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn
Best Western Berkeley Springs In...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
#2 of 8 in Breezewood
Ramada Plaza Hagerstown
Ramada Plaza Hagerstown
#4 of 21 in Hagerstown

Been to Super 8 Hancock MD? Share your experiences!