“Good home-town food”

Weaver's Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Hancock
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We found this place on our way home from a road trip to Chicago. It has the real down-home style cooking you find in small towns. We were there on a Sunday when they have a special menu. The fried chicken and ham steak were both wonderful. On other days of the week they don’t have the same selections, but the food is most likely just as good. There is a small bakery at the front where we bought some cookies, and the blueberry pie we had for dessert at dinner was very good and fresh.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

2 bowls of soup, 1egg salad sandwich, &1 iced tea cost $24.23. No bread to go with soup. Flavorless soup could have come out of a can. Sandwich was good.

1  Thank lmillerua
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Since Hancock, MD, does not appear to have a vibrant or diverse restaurant scene, this place may have the most potential to accommodate a party of diners with different tastes. The menu leans toward traditional comfort foods without much flair. The Philly cheese steak seemed fairly large, but it was more bun than meat or veggies. However, a diner who had mashed potatoes and gravy as a side deemed them to be excellent.

Locally, they may be known for the desserts because of the wide variety of pies. The two that were ordered by this party seemed pretty average, but we might have chosen poorly. This is not primarily a bakery with a small selection of foods, but instead an ordinary sit down restaurant that seems to have a bakery business going on the side. I was underwhelmed by the baked goods since I anticipated the former but it turned out to be the latter.

1  Thank HistorianOnTheGo
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Had to kill some time before a part arrived FEDEX at the bike shop so we all had breakfast at Weaver’s. Very nice, good menu, generous portions. I had the Southwestern Omelet and they made it the way I always like it, extra onions and peppers.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I choose this restaurant from all the good reviews on Trip Advisor and I was looking forward to my meal, but my eggs were over cooked, my potatoes were cold. 2 others I was eating with also had cold potatoes. The pancake was decent. One of my friends had a slice of wild berry lie which she said was excellent. Skip breakfast and just go there for pie.