“Great Breakfast!”

Weaver's Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Hancock
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Had to kill some time before a part arrived FEDEX at the bike shop so we all had breakfast at Weaver’s. Very nice, good menu, generous portions. I had the Southwestern Omelet and they made it the way I always like it, extra onions and peppers.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I choose this restaurant from all the good reviews on Trip Advisor and I was looking forward to my meal, but my eggs were over cooked, my potatoes were cold. 2 others I was eating with also had cold potatoes. The pancake was decent. One of my friends had a slice of wild berry lie which she said was excellent. Skip breakfast and just go there for pie.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

This combination restaurant and bakery is nestled on Hancock’s main drag, just a block from the C&O. It consistently gets mentioned in cyclist blogs, C&O discussion boards and guidebooks. It is a very conventional small town restaurant. The menu offers a nice assortment of home style cooking; nothing too fancy. Hearty and comforting is the theme. The staff was friendly and accommodating to our needs. Pie is their specialty. They offer a nice assortment of cream and fruit pies. I can attest to the fact that their coconut cream pie gets an A++. It is well worth a stop on the trail

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I first became aware of Weavers when Rt. 40 was the main road running east/west out of Maryland and ran through Hancock. At that time I lived in Hancock (hometown to Weavers) and there were essentially three restaurants for "regular folks" locals. Weavers was one of them. My Dad was the Methodist minister in town back then. You can tell I'm old, can't you? The Rt. 40 Diner was the primary teen hangout. Weaver's was where families went to eat. I didn't eat there much then because we ate at home. But, I remembered the times we did as good eats times.
Decades later, one of the first places I took my wife to introduce her to my past was Hancock. We ate at Weavers. Not a thing had changed. It looked the same and I could have sworn those were the same ladies behind the counters and serving as when I was a kid. What was of particular interest to me was that the food was so good I felt cheated for having to eat at home as a kid.
I would encourage anyone headed east or west on the "new" Rt. 70 to pull off at Weavers. When you are finished your meal, be sure to get a piece of one of Weavers' pies. Holy Cow. I'll bet you take one of the pies with you. Weavers. Fond memories. Good, solid home cooked-like meals. How can you go wrong?

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We enjoyed scallops, fried oysters, club sandwich and porkchops. All 4 guests proclaimed food "delicious". Vegetables were delicious as well. We resisted the large selection of pie available for dessert.

1  Thank Manmap

Been to Weaver's Restaurant and Bakery? Share your experiences!