“Repeat visit just as good as first visit!”

Weaver's Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Hancock
Cuisines: American, Diner
Lewes, Delaware
“Repeat visit just as good as first visit!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I stopped again on our way home from Pittsburgh and were just as pleased as the first visit last Friday. I had the Reuben again (cole slaw instead of sauerkraut) and he had the clam strips. All delicious!

1 Thank Carolyn N

Lewes, Delaware
“What a wonderful surprise!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The reviews said it was good but we couldn't believe it would possibly live up to the hype. The Reuben sandwich was one of the best I've ever had! And I've lived in Pittsburgh and spent a lot of time in New York City. And the caramel apple nut pie was to die for. We will definitely go to this place for a meal again and again on our trips between Washington and Pittsburgh!

1 Thank Carolyn N
Nebo, Illinois
“Now Serving Breakfast!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is an update to my earlier post. Weaver’s is now serving breakfast 7 days a week opening at 8am daily. Also, the restaurant has changed hands. The new owners, Adel and Omar, are old hands in restaurant management (Shoney’s and Bob Evan’s) so I think they know what there doing. No immediate plans to change the menu or prices, but, this reviewer feels there will be incremental changes for the better later on down the road.

1 Thank SlingshotGA
Maryland
“Ok”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Average food. Atmosphere a little dated - seems geared to the senior citizen crowd. Good service. Friendly

Visited February 2014
Philadelphia, PA
“just plain bad food”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is a genuine review - I am not being overly picky here. I had some sentimental notions about good old fashioned small town home cooking and Weaver's blasted them to pieces. My roast beef was tender but reminsecent of TV dinners I had as a child; my husband said his slab of roast turkey was OK, but both of our mashed potatoes tasted like they came from a box and the gravy definitely came from some jar or can. I asked the waitress what the broccoli side dish was like, and she said 'frozen.' I gave her points for honesty. I ordered it anyway because I was desperate for something green, and sure enough the broccoli was limp and watery. Because Weaver's advertises itself as a bakery, I was looking forward to dessert and ordered a slice of pie. While the filling was tasty, the crust was pale, flaccid and lacking in flavor. I ate the whole slice, seeking some hint of deliciousness, but found none. And this food wasn't cheap - I think it ended up being almost $20/person. On the up side, our service was prompt, congenial and professional. The people of Hancock deserve better food, however - us tourists too. I don't understand the good reviews of this place.

• Visited February 2013