“Old Standard in Hancock”

Weaver's Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Hancock
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nebo, Illinois
“Old Standard in Hancock”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

An old standard in Hancock, Maryland. Weaver’s is that classic family restaurant where good food and friends gather. Open weekends for lunch and dinner. Weekends they serve breakfast. Check out the baked goods when you stop by.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank SlingshotGA

Ashburn, Va
“Fresh Daily Baking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our group buys Weaver's sticky buns and cinnamon rolls each trip to supplement the hotel breakfast, and the sticky buns are a group favorite. Made fresh daily, we had the opportunity to get some of the freshest this trip, as they were sold out the night we went in to buy, and we pre-purchased some for pick-up the next morning. Ready just at opening, they were still warm, and great.

The pies are delicious, and our favorite is the caramel apple pie with nuts. We know from visiting other places in town, that similar pies can be purchased at several of the local restaurants and sales places, so here you have options. If you don't see what you want at Weavers, you can look elsewhere, but to start at Weavers is a great default.

• Visited October 2013
Hookstown
“Good home comfort on the trail”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I bicycle Pittsburgh to D.C. each summer and this I one of my favorite stops. After riding all day I am always satisfied here.
Good food Good service at a fair price.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gregory K
Alexandria, Virginia
“You Simply Cannot Go Wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

From the homemade soup, bread and pies, this restaurant has got it down. I first ate there nearly twenty years ago and it is still one of the best lunch spots ever. I invariably order the soup of the day, often chicken or turkey noodle, the hot ham and cheese sandwich (a sandwich large enough for two to share - and you'd better if you want/need to leave room for PIE) and PIE. The wait staff is attentive, efficient and as nice as could be and the prices are very reasonable. One of the few places I've eaten where I wish I was a lot bigger person so I could eat more!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Timothy H
Thurmont, Maryland
“Not Fancy, Just Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

If your traveling west to Deep Creek Lake or points beyond and have time for breakfast, head to Weavers. When you walk in, you pass a great assortment of fresh baked goods on the way to your table...it makes you want to stop and look. Had a great breakfast of eggs, bacon and real home fries with toast and coffee, while my wife enjoyed homemade raisin bread French toast which she said was delicious On the way out stopped and looked at the baked goods again [should have gotten the apple strudel, but I didn't, I was too full, there's always next time]. The prices are excellent as well as the wait staff. Truly enjoyed the meal, great way to start a long weekend trip.

• Visited September 2013