“Just Buy a Wild Berry Pie”

Weaver's Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #9 of 14 Restaurants in Hancock
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Whenever heading through Hancock, I'm hard pressed to not stop and buy a wild berry pie. So delicious. It becomes dessert and then breakfast. Actually never had the restaurant food, but if the pie is any indication, the food is top notch.

All that said, the place is a little worn and tired. Not in a dumpy-way, but in a real-mom-and-pop operation way.

But seriously, just buy a wild berry pie. I went through yesterday and they were sold out, anticipating the Black Raspberry pie.

1  Thank wallyguy

Reviewed July 8, 2013

On our way to Penn State we stopped in the small town of Hancock with a brooding sky above us. It's diner food in the hinterlands (for me, anyway!), so I always ask for the house specials because they are often better than other items on the menu. Sure enough, the hot turkey with onion rings and cole slaw was good diner eating. My daughter liked the chicken fritters with curly fries. It's not food you eat everyday out of concern for your health but my home made turkey was delicious. Very attentive and considerate service and clean bathrooms. We paid $28 for our large meals with ice tea and lemonade. It's cheaper at McDonald's but Hancock's gives you a fine opportunity to have a small diner experience on the border of Maryland, W. Virginia and Pennsylvania. Kind of fun, actually.

1  Thank LaBernardi
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stopped here for lunch and regretted it. Though we ordered crab vegetable soup and salads which should be pretty safe we found the soup tasteless, watery and probably from a can! And it wasn't inexpensive either. The salads were small and inadequate. The place has the look and feel of an old diner. One positive was The waitress who was very sweet and quick.

Maybe their other food is better but we won't go back to find out if we ever go through Hancock again. Both my husband and I felt ill most of the afternoon. So my advice is avoid this place if you are used to freshly cooked food that uses healthy ingredients.

1  Thank Afsaneh T
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stop here every year for the wonderful and great service which is not to be missed. See you next year!!

1  Thank suewho69
Reviewed June 27, 2013

There are not a lot of dining choices in Hancock. Weaver's was casual dining establishment that provided good country cooking.

1  Thank skis779

Been to Weaver's Restaurant and Bakery? Share your experiences!